Grand Cayman Beach Access

minniegirl

Earning My Ears
I've read a couple of different places that you have to purchase passes from hotels to the beaches at Grand Cayman. I think this may be just along Seven Mile Beach, but I've been told that is the most beautiful and closest to where the ship docks.

Does anyone have any specific info on this? Which hotel should we go to? Any idea of costs?

Thanks!::MinnieMo

I want to know this too!!! Anybody?? We really want to go to Seven Mile Beach and don't mind paying to rent chairs etc. What hotel should we request to be taken to?
Thanks!!

August of 2002, we took a cab over to Seven Mile Beach and asked the driver to let us off at the Holiday Inn. We just walked right on, there was no fee, etc. Wonderful beach, with chairs, food, drinks, showers, and rest rooms. Not sure if the Holiday Inn changed their policy and is now charging, but even if they do, it is definitely worth paying to use their beach.

Thanks!! Our original plan was to go to the Holiday Inn, but someone posted on another thread that the Holiday Inn closed last month. Any other suggestions out there??

We went on a cruise in July 2003.. and was taken to the holiday inn, but when the bus stopped to let us off, security from the hotel was not letting us onto the facility.. so we were told to walk to another facility, (the name escapes me)but go onto the beach, it just was inconvenient because we had our childrend with us and were tired of walking.. but now i remember when we got onto that beach we could not stay there either, we found ourselves moving again.. i do also remember that where we planted ourselves was a private beach with signs posted.. but noone ever bothered us there..next time i go i an going to pay the price to enjoy the beach..

The Holiday Inn is now the Marriott Courtyard. Just sold or something as they were in the process of changing the sign out front while we were there.
Personally I didn't think that beach was all that but in Grand Cayman and Cozumel when we would ask for a certain place to go even if we had to pay more to get there or gain access to we were told this one nicer, cleaner bathrooms, better view, etc like the taxi drivers were in cahoots(sp?) with where they were taking you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter