Grand Californian

Thank you, but no, I don’t see a spot to check in. I swear I read I could check in on May 6th. Our stay starts on May 11. I’ll call the hotel and ask.

So I called the front desk and he said I should be able to check in through the app but it’s not working for me. It’s not working for me online either. He said I should get an email 2-5 days before arrival to check in online. I really wanted to check in online 5 days prior to help increase my chances of getting a room with a daybed. I’ll try again later today and hopefully it’ll work then.

He did say that Hearthstone opens at 4pm. That was good to know.

Edited to add: So i just realized, maybe it will allow me to check at 3, which would be the check in time.

Last edited:
So I called the front desk and he said I should be able to check in through the app but it’s not working for me. It’s not working for me online either. He said I should get an email 2-5 days before arrival to check in online. I really wanted to check in online 5 days prior to help increase my chances of getting a room with a daybed. I’ll try again later today and hopefully it’ll work then.

He did say that Hearthstone opens at 4pm. That was good to know.

Edited to add: So i just realized, maybe it will allow me to check at 3, which would be the check in time.
On the website, are you clicking into the reservation details? I go:

My Disneyland > My Hotel Reservations > View Details >

On my reservation, there is a grayed out area that says "Check-In Available XXX" (4 days before our arrival date). I assume that would turn on when you are eligible?

On the website, are you clicking into the reservation details? I go:

My Disneyland > My Hotel Reservations > View Details >

On my reservation, there is a grayed out area that says "Check-In Available XXX" (4 days before our arrival date). I assume that would turn on when you are eligible?

Hmmm....interesting! Yes, I go to “view details” but it does not have a “check-in available XXX”. Weird. I’m hoping at 3 today it’ll let me, but it’s interesting that your reservation already has a countdown of sorts.

Does anyone know how to access the theme park reservations for Disney Hotel Guests? Someone posted a link for me earlier but the link isn’t working anymore. I’ve searched the Disney website a ton but I don’t understand where the Hotel link is. Thank you if anyone knows. We’re checking in today!

Does anyone know how to access the theme park reservations for Disney Hotel Guests? Someone posted a link for me earlier but the link isn’t working anymore. I’ve searched the Disney website a ton but I don’t understand where the Hotel link is. Thank you if anyone knows. We’re checking in today!
Log into your account on the Disney site. Then go to My Disneyland. Choose My Hotel Reservations. Make sure your reservation is there. Then back up and choose Make Park Reservations. On that page select Theme Park Reservations for Hotel Guests. It will show your reservations. Click on Details. From there you can select your tickets and make your reservations.

Has the system been allowing hotel guests to book park reservations 65 days out? And do you book for the whole trip or one day at a time?

Log into your account on the Disney site. Then go to My Disneyland. Choose My Hotel Reservations. Make sure your reservation is there. Then back up and choose Make Park Reservations. On that page select Theme Park Reservations for Hotel Guests. It will show your reservations. Click on Details. From there you can select your tickets and make your reservations.

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation!

Has the system been allowing hotel guests to book park reservations 65 days out? And do you book for the whole trip or one day at a time?

The system will open up a block of dates 10 days before your checkin. You don't get a head start on which days are open. It's 60 days out for everyone. If your check in date is July 1, for example, you can book your first park reservation for June 20.

I wanted to say we stayed opening weekend, and had a great visit. We did have bell services, but no Valet. It was nice that they allowed us to order items from various DTD food locations and they would deliver to the lobby. We had a group and just because we are weird, someone wanted another slice of Fleming's Carrot Cake and that was arranged!

Housekeeping services are limited to every other day, for just towel change outs and trash. I was surprised we even got that.

Elevators have signs to limit it to 1 family per elevator.

Everyone was very welcoming and I can't wait for the Veranda to reopen.

The system will open up a block of dates 10 days before your checkin. You don't get a head start on which days are open. It's 60 days out for everyone. If your check in date is July 1, for example, you can book your first park reservation for June 20.
So you can either book 1 day at a time 60 days out or grab from the specific hotel guest bucket 10 days out if you were locked out of a date?

So you can either book 1 day at a time 60 days out or grab from the specific hotel guest bucket 10 days out if you were locked out of a date?

No, it's hard to explain. I'll try.

The hotel reservation bucket is separate from the general public one. They hold back reservations for hotel guests is what I'm saying. However, you can't use the hotel bucket willy nilly. It will only allow you to book dates UP TO 10 days ahead of your actual stay. You can't have a future hotel reservation months from now and, say, book a park day that is otherwise sold out for next week. But if the sold out day you want to book falls within 10 days before your check in date, it will let you book it.

So, here is an example from my own booking. We are checking in July 2. I booked July 2, 3, 4, and 5 as those days became available to everyone else. I booked them through the hotel reservation bucket system. It did not show days beyond when everyone else can book. When I was choosing my park days, the system WOULD HAVE let me book June 22 onward. So, let's just say for the sake of this example that June 25 was fully booked for park reservations to the general public, but it was available for hotel guests. The system would allow me to book a reservation for June 25, even though I don't check in until July 2.

Hotel guests, in other words, do NOT get a jump on the day rolling availability window.

So if you are planning a stay at a Disney hotel I’d definitely try and book a package that includes your tix (if you need tix). We’re at The Grand now and I wanted to switch our park reservations for tomorrow. Disneyland was still available for “Disney Hotel Guests” according to the link that has been posted on this page. I’ve never been able to book using the “hotel bucket” tickets. The page would just flash for me when trying. It was like a glitch. So today I went to the front desk and asked if they could help me switch my theme park reservations to Disneyland. She said no, that could only be done online. I told her it doesn’t work for me and showed her the webpage showing the availability calendar that includes “Disney Hotel Guests”. After waiting around and her leaving and coming back multiple times, and her asking if she could see that page again she said she wasn’t aware of that page and none of them have ever seen it before. It was new to them. At one point she was talking to a few other people behind the front desk so I don’t think any of them knew about the “hotel bucket “. She recommended I went to the ticket booths and hit a call button and that someone would come down and that was the only option if I wanted help “troubleshooting” the app/online tickets. Needless to say, I didn’t attempt that. Anyway, she said that was probably available if I had booked a package but not for hotel guests who have tickets not purchased as a package.

I finally figured out why it would flash when you try to reserve as a hotel guest. It’s popping up a new window and many browsers block that. I turned that feature off and was able to book as the hotel guest. I also bought my tickets separately from my hotel reservation.

I finally figured out why it would flash when you try to reserve as a hotel guest. It’s popping up a new window and many browsers block that. I turned that feature off and was able to book as the hotel guest. I also bought my tickets separately from my hotel reservation.

Well, you are more tech savvy then me! It’s too bad that I wasn’t able to troubleshoot the app myself or that the front desk couldn’t help me. Hopefully, this info will help someone else like me tho!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter