Grand Californian

Answering my own question in case it is helpful to anyone else.

The good news: I was able to get someone on the phone right away without having to hold!
The bad news: They could not switch my reservation with the room I wanted to room only and no day bed options were available to switch my existing room only reservation to. Kicking myself for not dealing with the issue right away when availability might have been higher. Our only option would be to look at new dates or hope they can accommodate our request at check in (certainly not guaranteed).
Oh, that's too bad. I just looked at my reservation for Dec and we have 2 queens and a daybed. I'd certainly switch if we had the same dates (unlikely, of course) because it's just my sister and me.

Oh, that's too bad. I just looked at my reservation for Dec and we have 2 queens and a daybed. I'd certainly switch if we had the same dates (unlikely, of course) because it's just my sister and me.

Do I get the daybed?

Here's an interesting fact I just noticed. I've had a VGC reservation for awhile now and linked it to my Disneyland account as soon as we were able to. I check it every now and again to make sure it's still there. Today I checked it and they added when I can make park reservations. My reservation starts November 29th and it says I can make theme park reservations September 4th. It also says I will be able to do online check in on November 24th. Just thought that was interesting.
Just saw your post and tried it! So cool that our July VGC is linked! Thanks!

Depending on your favorite restaurant, Club is opening May 14 to members, sometime in June for unaccompanied. A birdie told me Napa Rose is on schedule to open Memorial Day weekend. And 21 Royal is working on reopening dates with people previously scheduled.
Thank you!! Just the information I was lacking :)

Depending on your favorite restaurant, Club is opening May 14 to members, sometime in June for unaccompanied. A birdie told me Napa Rose is on schedule to open Memorial Day weekend. And 21 Royal is working on reopening dates with people previously scheduled.
Any word on fully opening Carthay Circle beyond the alfresco option?

If you are trying to get a daybed, try to get to GCH in the morning. We got a different room that way on opening day, no problem.

Also, did anyone else notice... it appears they are booking the hotel nowhere near capacity.
Yes, they are only opening at about 25%. They will slowly open more.

Best value for a meal on property in all of DLR. SH55 is a hidden GEM of a great meal and experience.
This was always our go-to for breakfast. We loved staying at DLH and having breakfast at SH55. They treated the girls like royalty and it was such a bargain for a beautiful, full service restaurant where we were always made to feel special. Dinner is fantastic but not the same bargain with children that the breakfast was. Now the children are all adults (if you go by age, LOL).

If you are trying to get a daybed, try to get to GCH in the morning. We got a different room that way on opening day, no problem.

Also, did anyone else notice... it appears they are booking the hotel nowhere near capacity.
When I was trying to straighten out the day bed situation, they told me they were booking 30%. The agent helping me did not think that would change by June, although time will tell!

Does anyone know how to do the online check in? I’m eligible to check in today but I don’t see where to do it online or on the app.
Also, I’m wondering if my kids will have to show their hotel keys for entrance to hotel from Downtown Disney or DCA? Thank you!

Does anyone know how to do the online check in? I’m eligible to check in today but I don’t see where to do it online or on the app.
Also, I’m wondering if my kids will have to show their hotel keys for entrance to hotel from Downtown Disney or DCA? Thank you!

Nothing under My Disneyland => My Hotel Reservations? I can't check in yet, but this is where you will do it, I believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter