Grand Californian Super Thread

I would 100% cut out vacation by a day 😋 this might be a silly question, but if we are already booked — will they adjust the prices for you?
Yes they will adjust the prices you need to call them ASAP on the day the sale is announced. I called at 7AM when the summer sale was announced. I saved over $1500 on my 7 night stay at GCH and got a credit of $800 back to me and was paid in full!! My trip starts on August 9th!

How does Early Entry work now? We haven't been to DL or stayed at the GCH since late last year. Our trip is booked for a few months from now, but I have read a couple posts saying that nonhotel guests are sneaking in to Early Entry.

One was on Reddit that said a guy was asking if he could go in with a hotel guest to take advantage of early entry, the Reddit user told him no but I imagine he probably got in. Another post I just read is that some GCH guests offered to take nonhotel guests in with them.

If I am paying $1500/night for a suite, it's a little frustrating to think that nonhotel guests are taking advantage of the perks of staying onsite.

If Disney isn't cross checking room reservations to see how many people are on the reservation, it makes me wonder how widespread this type of thing is.

For early entry, you need to scan your hotel card key with a CM. For Disneyland Park, there is a walkway at the end of Main Street. For DCA, they are checking at the security point.

How does Early Entry work now? We haven't been to DL or stayed at the GCH since late last year. Our trip is booked for a few months from now, but I have read a couple posts saying that nonhotel guests are sneaking in to Early Entry.

One was on Reddit that said a guy was asking if he could go in with a hotel guest to take advantage of early entry, the Reddit user told him no but I imagine he probably got in. Another post I just read is that some GCH guests offered to take nonhotel guests in with them.

If I am paying $1500/night for a suite, it's a little frustrating to think that nonhotel guests are taking advantage of the perks of staying onsite.

If Disney isn't cross checking room reservations to see how many people are on the reservation, it makes me wonder how widespread this type of thing is.
I don't really know, but I'm with you in finding it annoying to have people sneak in and utilize a perk that people like me pay for. I mean, it costs a lot to stay at GCH and the reason I'm paying that much is because there are things you only get at a Disney hotel. If you want the perk, then pony up to stay at GCH. Otherwise, save your money and use the regular line. I doubt it saves you that much time anyway if enough people are abusing the rules.

(I'm not talking about the gate into DCA that was recently opened, originally as a perk to PPH guests, but people who try to go through the GCH driveway entrance to use the hotel security area. I don't know if people do this now or not, but it has happened in the past).

That sure sounds to me like something that happened once with one guy. I think if it was happening a lot we’d see more reports of it here. It’s always been possible to sneak a rando in. But what is in it for me to do that?

I’d guess there’s always probably been some amount of on-site guests sneaking in a friend or two but beyond that seriously what’s the upside to letting a stranger follow you?

That sure sounds to me like something that happened once with one guy. I think if it was happening a lot we’d see more reports of it here. It’s always been possible to sneak a rando in. But what is in it for me to do that?

I’d guess there’s always probably been some amount of on-site guests sneaking in a friend or two but beyond that seriously what’s the upside to letting a stranger follow you?
This makes a lot of sense.

I thought you had to scan your hotel card? I really thought that the DCA entrance was only for GCH guest in the morning. I didn’t think even the DLH guest could use it

Unless something has changed, the last time I went, they were scanning one card per group, not per person. at least for EE at the main gate. Unless I’m confusing it with Walt Disney World. But I think it works the same way at both.
This was my experience last month when I did EE at DL. They have a CMs with card readers out for early entry hotel guests. The CMs were very clear that you needed to have everyone from your hotel room party with you when you scanned in because the reader would only recognize the first hotel key card used for each room.

This was my experience last month when I did EE at DL. They have a CMs with card readers out for early entry hotel guests. The CMs were very clear that you needed to have everyone from your hotel room party with you when you scanned in because the reader would only recognize the first hotel key card used for each room.
Based on our experience a week ago, yes one hotel key card for our group of 7 but they also asked to see our hotel reservation showing the number in our group.

Unless something has changed, the last time I went, they were scanning one card per group, not per person. at least for EE at the main gate. Unless I’m confusing it with Walt Disney World. But I think it works the same way at both.
We were there last month we had a few people in our group and I think they asked all of us to scan our key but I could be wrong. They did for sure ask us to scan and make sure the key worked and at least two of us scanned separately but I do feel like they asked more of us to scan in

Is the entry into DCA from the Grand only for those *staying at the Grand,* or can DLH/PP people use this entrance too? Specifically for the Halloween party...

Is the entry into DCA from the Grand only for those *staying at the Grand,* or can DLH/PP people use this entrance too? Specifically for the Halloween party...
Anyone can use it for the party. Last year we stayed at GCH and we used the PPH entrance. The line was short.

Really??? So any resort guest, right? Not just any guest in general…
Unless something has changed anyone can use the DCA entrance from GCH at that time. Anyone could also use the PPH entrance, but you need a room key to get through the first gate.

Really??? So any resort guest, right? Not just any guest in general…
for Early entry its GCH guest and sometimes any resort guest depending on when you go since this seems to change. But for the Halloween party I'm almost positive anyone can use it. Any guest attending the party, you do not need to be a resort guest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter