Grand Californian Super Thread

Is there somewhere you can point me to that shows what the club level is like now? I checked the first post in the thread but the link isn't working.

Is there somewhere you can point me to that shows what the club level is like now? I checked the first post in the thread but the link isn't working.
This is from the Disneyland website:
  • Afternoon tea from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM
  • Personal assistance from the Concierge Staff
  • Continental breakfast from 6:30 AM to 11:00 AM
  • View fireworks from The Veranda (no soundtrack during special ticket events)
  • Cookies and desserts from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM
  • Wine and cheese reception from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
  • Exclusive access to The Veranda"
Also, if you google it you can find some videos and reviews of club level.

Would you mind sharing a little more about this -- is this the Touring Plans one?
I think it has touring plans but we have never used them. We just like all the details about recent changes and recommendations. The author is Seth Kubersky. A new edition is published every year. It also has a lot of information about Universal Studios which we have never visited.

I think it has touring plans but we have never used them. We just like all the details about recent changes and recommendations. The author is Seth Kubersky. A new edition is published every year. It also has a lot of information about Universal Studios which we have never visited.
I just checked Amazon. The 2023 edition is available now and the 2024 edition will be published September 12, 2023.

I am wording if I should wait and get the 2024 edition because we are going in December & also have a 2024 trip planned. Then again the Kindle one is only $10 so getting the other when it comes is isn't a big deal.

Are there lockers available at the pool? Thinking to store phone, wallet (small valuables)

Also I have in internal medical device, do I need to show my card when going through security scanners?

Last edited:
Are there lockers available at the pool? Thinking to store phone, wallet (small valuables)

Also I have in internal medical device, do I need to show my card when going through security scanners?
No lockers that I have seen. Leave your valuables in your room. I have seen people leave their phone on their chair or bring a bag and leave on the chair.

No lockers at the pool.

If your medical device would trigger a metal detector, then I would probably bring your card.

Has anyone every requested connecting rooms at the Grand (or DLH)? I'm wondering how likely it is that I'd actually get them. Do you book 2 rooms at a time, or book separately and then call to request that they're connected?

You book each day of your trip separately, 60 days out. Reservations open online at 6am PST, but if you're staying at the Grand they'll open earlier for you, between 4am and 5am I think. When I stay on property I always get the reservations I want because of that head start.

I know it can be overwhelming, but once you know which reservations you want the process is pretty simple.
Wait, I get a head start on reservations if I'm staying at GCH?? My 60 day window opens up this weekend.....how do they know I'm a GCH guest, for the earlier access?

Wait, I get a head start on reservations if I'm staying at GCH?? My 60 day window opens up this weekend.....how do they know I'm a GCH guest, for the earlier access?
Everyone gets it 60 days out so you will want to log in every day(depending on how long your trip is) to get the reservations you want.

I assume the system just knows if you use your DL app or are logged into the website with your account. I've been able to reserve things starting at 5:30am, but one person said it was even earlier for them, like 4 am. I didn't try that early, so I'm not sure exactly when they let you start.

I assume the system just knows if you use your DL app or are logged into the website with your account. I've been able to reserve things starting at 5:30am, but one person said it was even earlier for them, like 4 am. I didn't try that early, so I'm not sure exactly when they let you start.
Wait I miss read that is that with all the onsite hotels or just the GCH? That couple extra hours could be a huge thing for a few places.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter