Grand Californian Super Thread

I know this is the totally working place for this post but we are going to the DLR the beginning of August and we decided to stay at the DLH because it’s our 1st time and I know my son would love it. We are a complete WDW family and always stay deluxe on property. I went back and forth between the 2 hotels.. I’m still on the fence I think but I can’t find a DLH SUPER thread like this 1. Is there 1?
How exciting! Yes there is a DLH super thread! Here you go: https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-disneyland-hotel-superthread.2802175/page-92

I know this is the totally working place for this post but we are going to the DLR the beginning of August and we decided to stay at the DLH because it’s our 1st time and I know my son would love it. We are a complete WDW family and always stay deluxe on property. I went back and forth between the 2 hotels.. I’m still on the fence I think but I can’t find a DLH SUPER thread like this 1. Is there 1?
https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-disneyland-hotel-superthread.2802175/

We're thinking about giving the Grand Californian another try at the end of October for a quick trip. We did Woods/Courtyard last time. Are there any standard view rooms close to the Napa Rose elevators?

We're thinking about giving the Grand Californian another try at the end of October for a quick trip. We did Woods/Courtyard last time. Are there any standard view rooms close to the Napa Rose elevators?
How did you like woods/courtyard? I've always wanted to try that room type. I'm assuming it isn't too far from the elevators etc.

How did you like woods/courtyard? I've always wanted to try that room type. I'm assuming it isn't too far from the elevators etc.
We didn't care for it, just because it was down two hallways (we requested to be close to the Napa Rose elevators) and it was pretty loud even with the sliding door closed from the music in the park late at night. I think that hallway/section is just in a weird location.

I've seen some people get right over the GCH entrance into DCA with this room category, which we would have really enjoyed I think for people watching. The courtyard might have even been fun, but we live near the mountains and get the beautiful trees out here so it isn't as special of a view lol

I think if we do the GCH again, we would just want to be as close as we can to the elevators and not care so much about the view.

We did a standard room on the third floor overlooking the front entrance. It was across from the concierge and very close to the stairs and elevators. It was a great location.

We had a a standard room booked and we were near the Napa rose elevator. I’m not sure if that was a standard room or if we got upgraded because we had a view of the pool which was nice.

We will be staying at the GC in a few weeks. Wondering about renting a scooter for the day in the parks, especially using the DCA entrance from the hotel. Do we have to walk to the front of the park to rent a scooter or are they available at the hotel entrance point?

We had a a standard room booked and we were near the Napa rose elevator. I’m not sure if that was a standard room or if we got upgraded because we had a view of the pool which was nice.

That's an upgraded view.

The standard rooms mostly overlook the front hotel entrance.

That's an upgraded view.

The standard rooms mostly overlook the front hotel entrance.
Yea I assumed it was an upgrade view but it was not mentioned when getting our keys. We have stayed in woods/courtyard before and assumed it would be maybe in that if somehow upgraded but we got two connecting rooms facing the pool. And get close to the elevator. It was great.

Is this the (unofficial) map you are looking for?
View attachment 227036
Standard View
Woods View
Pool View
Park View
DTD View

Premium view combines Pool and Park views.
Many former Park view rooms are obstructed by trees, and now classified as Woods or Standard.

I'm trying to find the color coded map of room views so I searched the thread but still no luck. Found this post above but the map isn't showing for me. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

We will be staying at the GC in a few weeks. Wondering about renting a scooter for the day in the parks, especially using the DCA entrance from the hotel. Do we have to walk to the front of the park to rent a scooter or are they available at the hotel entrance point?
My son rents a scooter for me every time we go to Disneyland. It is from an off-site company that delivers it to the hotel before your arrival. I'm not sure Disney rents them. Maybe call the hotel directly to ask. The bell captain stores it with the luggage and makes sure it is charged each night. I couldn't make it without the scooter. It's great!

Yea I assumed it was an upgrade view but it was not mentioned when getting our keys. We have stayed in woods/courtyard before and assumed it would be maybe in that if somehow upgraded but we got two connecting rooms facing the pool. And get close to the elevator. It was great.

We have been upgraded on about 50% of our stays across Disney resort properties. They never mention it at check iin. Once was to a literal SUITE in the Fantasyland Tower of the Disneyland Hotel, once was to a Boardwalk View Club Level room, and once was to a water view club level room at Yacht Club. We had booked standard views each of those times. GCH upgraded us to a Courtyard view on our first stay and that is how I fell in love with that category.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter