Grand Californian Super Thread

Please tell me about GC Club Level. What is offered/included and is it worth the price? Also, it appears there are no suites in the Club Level, but do they have connecting rooms? Thanks.

How late are you allowed to access the club level lounge on your check out day? We're reserved for a club level room for 3 nights, but decided to add a 4th night to our trip for the after hours Villains event. We're booked in a non-club level room for that last night. Will we be able to access the lounge until the lounge closes on our check out day of the club level room?

Exactly how large is daybed? Is it the same size as a twin or smaller?
It is smaller than a twin (bit shorter, not as wide). It fit my large 9 year-old (more like 12-year-old sized) fine, but it would not fit a taller/larger adult (probably not over 5'4).

Are there any hotel activities these days (e.g. Kid story time)? Or is everything still on hold with COVID?

Got back Monday evening from a 3 night stay at the GCH, and wanted to share my experience. I have to start by saying that absolutely every CM we encountered this trip was absolutely amazing and very helpful and courteous. It was my friend M and I traveling to celebrate our birthdays - I turned 50 on Friday, and she turned 48 on Sunday, so we ditched our families and flew down for this DLR trip. Another friend, C, was supposed to join us, but caught covid and had to bail. So we changed our reservation from 3 adults to 2, and this switch led to us being given an accessible room. M & I were fine with that, although I did miss having the double sinks with more counter space, but we easily made the room layout work for us. And as someone who is only 4'10", I definitely appreciated that the beds were lower! :rotfl:No launching myself in and out of bed and hoping I land okay. We were in room 3000 right by the elevators, and I was amazed at how quiet it was! I think I heard the elevator ding maybe two times the entire time we were there, and I rarely heard any noise from the hallway or lobby.
At check in, we asked for extra shampoo & conditioner, since we both planned on using the ones provided, and we requested robes if available. 5 minutes after we got to the room, someone from housekeeping was at the door with a giant bag of assorted toiletries and two robes for us. We noticed that our toilet was not always flushing, but we thought that evening that it was just a matter of waiting for it to stop running and then it would work. The next morning we discovered that it was not flushing at all and called down to the front desk to let them know. Someone was at the door in about 10 minutes to fix it, and said they could come back later if we weren't comfortable having them in the room at that time, but we said it was fine and just went out on the balcony to have our coffee and plot out the day. He had the toilet fixed in about 15 minutes, and we never had any problems with it after that.
Housekeeping stopped in on Sunday to empty the trash, change the towels, and restock the coffee & toiletries. We also called them on Saturday when we ran out of tissues, and a new box was delivered within 10 minutes.
We had dessert and drinks at Hearthstone on Friday night, did the Storyteller's brunch on Sunday, and picked up grab & go items for breakfast on Monday at Craftsman.
Lines for security at both DTD and CA were never horrible. I think at most we waited about 5-10 minutes in the mornings and we easily made it before rope drop each time. M & I were amazed at how much easier it was to get everywhere on time without our families slowing us down! :P As an aside, we didn't use G+ this trip, and made the decision not to try for Rise or WS, and we rode everything we wanted to at least once and never waited more than 40 minutes for anything. We also got stuck on BTMR and had to be evacuated off the second lift, which was an adventure in itself and were gifted two LL passes as a result, so that did help.
On Monday I left my bags with Bell Services while I did some final shopping in DTD and had lunch at Trader Sams, and when I went to pick them up to head to the airport, I was told that it would be about a 10-15 minute wait, which I had anticipated so I said that was fine and I found a spot to sit out of the way. About 5 minutes later, one of the bell services CMs came over with my bags and told me that the wait was going to be closer to 20 minutes, and since it was just two bags and I was heading to the airport, she got them for me herself to make sure I could leave on time.
I think that's it for the details of our stay - I'm happy to try and answer any questions although we didn't do a ton at the hotel other than relax and enjoy being there!

Got back Monday evening from a 3 night stay at the GCH, and wanted to share my experience. I have to start by saying that absolutely every CM we encountered this trip was absolutely amazing and very helpful and courteous. It was my friend M and I traveling to celebrate our birthdays - I turned 50 on Friday, and she turned 48 on Sunday, so we ditched our families and flew down for this DLR trip. Another friend, C, was supposed to join us, but caught covid and had to bail. So we changed our reservation from 3 adults to 2, and this switch led to us being given an accessible room. M & I were fine with that, although I did miss having the double sinks with more counter space, but we easily made the room layout work for us. And as someone who is only 4'10", I definitely appreciated that the beds were lower! :rotfl:No launching myself in and out of bed and hoping I land okay. We were in room 3000 right by the elevators, and I was amazed at how quiet it was! I think I heard the elevator ding maybe two times the entire time we were there, and I rarely heard any noise from the hallway or lobby.
At check in, we asked for extra shampoo & conditioner, since we both planned on using the ones provided, and we requested robes if available. 5 minutes after we got to the room, someone from housekeeping was at the door with a giant bag of assorted toiletries and two robes for us. We noticed that our toilet was not always flushing, but we thought that evening that it was just a matter of waiting for it to stop running and then it would work. The next morning we discovered that it was not flushing at all and called down to the front desk to let them know. Someone was at the door in about 10 minutes to fix it, and said they could come back later if we weren't comfortable having them in the room at that time, but we said it was fine and just went out on the balcony to have our coffee and plot out the day. He had the toilet fixed in about 15 minutes, and we never had any problems with it after that.
Housekeeping stopped in on Sunday to empty the trash, change the towels, and restock the coffee & toiletries. We also called them on Saturday when we ran out of tissues, and a new box was delivered within 10 minutes.
We had dessert and drinks at Hearthstone on Friday night, did the Storyteller's brunch on Sunday, and picked up grab & go items for breakfast on Monday at Craftsman.
Lines for security at both DTD and CA were never horrible. I think at most we waited about 5-10 minutes in the mornings and we easily made it before rope drop each time. M & I were amazed at how much easier it was to get everywhere on time without our families slowing us down! :P As an aside, we didn't use G+ this trip, and made the decision not to try for Rise or WS, and we rode everything we wanted to at least once and never waited more than 40 minutes for anything. We also got stuck on BTMR and had to be evacuated off the second lift, which was an adventure in itself and were gifted two LL passes as a result, so that did help.
On Monday I left my bags with Bell Services while I did some final shopping in DTD and had lunch at Trader Sams, and when I went to pick them up to head to the airport, I was told that it would be about a 10-15 minute wait, which I had anticipated so I said that was fine and I found a spot to sit out of the way. About 5 minutes later, one of the bell services CMs came over with my bags and told me that the wait was going to be closer to 20 minutes, and since it was just two bags and I was heading to the airport, she got them for me herself to make sure I could leave on time.
I think that's it for the details of our stay - I'm happy to try and answer any questions although we didn't do a ton at the hotel other than relax and enjoy being there!
What a great report!! I'm glad you and your friend had such a wonderful experience. There's nothing like a friend/sister trip sometimes! So glad to hear that your hotel experience was so good. My sis and I went last month and had the room almost right above you! We were in 4001. Man, what a great location that turned out to be, and yours maybe even better because you'd be right there next to the 3rd floor balcony, which we utilized when we had friends meet up with us for a gift exchange (we started out in Hearthstone but moved to the balcony and it turned out to be an ideal spot for what we were doing). Had to laugh at your description of launching yourself in and out of bed :D. I think of myself as a shortie but I've got a good 3" on you, ha ha, and I can still relate to that bed thing.

Oh, and happy birthday!

I have a reservation to check in on March 21st but am looking to spend the day at Knotts before I start hitting the parks. Is there any issue bag dropping / starting the checkin process early? (In no way expecting my room to be ready at like 9am) what do you guys normally do? :) Any tips for spending a day like this? planning to get an Uber there.

Thanks guys!

I have a reservation to check in on March 21st but am looking to spend the day at Knotts before I start hitting the parks. Is there any issue bag dropping / starting the checkin process early? (In no way expecting my room to be ready at like 9am) what do you guys normally do? :) Any tips for spending a day like this? planning to get an Uber there.

Thanks guys!
You can check in as early as you want on the day of your arrival. They'll text you when your room is ready. Bell services will store your luggage for you.

How late are you allowed to access the club level lounge on your check out day? We're reserved for a club level room for 3 nights, but decided to add a 4th night to our trip for the after hours Villains event. We're booked in a non-club level room for that last night. Will we be able to access the lounge until the lounge closes on our check out day of the club level room?
GCH only allows CL access until check-out time. If you are in there when the time passes you are welcome to stay, but you cannot get in after check-out passes.

What a great report!! I'm glad you and your friend had such a wonderful experience. There's nothing like a friend/sister trip sometimes! So glad to hear that your hotel experience was so good. My sis and I went last month and had the room almost right above you! We were in 4001. Man, what a great location that turned out to be, and yours maybe even better because you'd be right there next to the 3rd floor balcony, which we utilized when we had friends meet up with us for a gift exchange (we started out in Hearthstone but moved to the balcony and it turned out to be an ideal spot for what we were doing). Had to laugh at your description of launching yourself in and out of bed :D. I think of myself as a shortie but I've got a good 3" on you, ha ha, and I can still relate to that bed thing.

Oh, and happy birthday

Thanks! Yes, we love that 3rd floor balcony lounge area! Such a great spot to relax and enjoy the hotel. M’s house is a craftsman and she kept taking pictures of all the furniture and lamps and art she wants in her house. Being so close to the elevators was great when we were dragging ourselves back to the room at 10:30pm and muttering about being old and our feet hurting. 🤣

Exactly how large is daybed? Is it the same size as a twin or smaller?
Our experience in the "day bed" is about the same size as a twin, my 30 yo daughter, 5'6", larger sleeps on it fine. There is also a sleeper chair, and that is considerable smaller.
Generally, Club level turns off when your key does, which is about noon.

If we have 5 people on our reservation will we be given a room with a daybed or do we run the risk of getting just the two queens and normal couch? We will be there with 3 teenagers, my daughter is shorter, but I don’t think she’d fit on the tiny couch. I know if we switch to DLH we’d have more space but we really love the GCH.

We will be there in May! I'm super stoked, staying here is a bucket list item for me. I know it's insanely expensive and probably over priced, but I don't care 😅 it'll be us and our 4 year old daughter, if anyone has any tips to share I'd appreciate them, it's been 3 and a half years since we were last at Disneyland.

If we have 5 people on our reservation will we be given a room with a daybed or do we run the risk of getting just the two queens and normal couch? We will be there with 3 teenagers, my daughter is shorter, but I don’t think she’d fit on the tiny couch. I know if we switch to DLH we’d have more space but we really love the GCH.
I'm pretty sure if you have five on your reservation you would either get the two queens and day bed or two queens with the chair that has a pull-out twin bed. When we booked, our confirmation email had the room type we had (two queen, day bed) and it matched what checked in with (here now!).

I'm pretty sure if you have five on your reservation you would either get the two queens and day bed or two queens with the chair that has a pull-out twin bed. When we booked, our confirmation email had the room type we had (two queen, day bed) and it matched what checked in with (here now!).
Perfect, thank you!

I have never noticed the 3rd floor balcony sitting area before. I usually stay closer to the Napa Rose Elevators and in November our room was closer to this area. Is it new?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter