Grand Californian Super Thread

Do you know if we are allowed to use the showers in the gym after we check out? our flight has been changed to 9PM, so we plan to do a half day in the park, but will want to shower & change before going to the airport. I believe bell service will hold our bags until the evening.

There is a shower in the pool bathrooms but last time we tried to use it on check out day after our cabana day, there was a line, and then no toiletries. So,if you are trying that, make sure to bring toiletries from your room with you when you check out. I don't know about the gym....

There is a shower in the pool bathrooms but last time we tried to use it on check out day after our cabana day, there was a line, and then no toiletries. So,if you are trying that, make sure to bring toiletries from your room with you when you check out. I don't know about the gym....
Thanks for the info & toiletry tip!!

Has anyone watched the WOC from the viewing deck at GC? Can you see it well ? does it get very crowded?

Has anyone watched the WOC from the viewing deck at GC? Can you see it well ? does it get very crowded?

I popped up there for the last 10 minutes. They pipe in the music etc but to be honest, you'd get a better view watching a YouTube video. It was a definite let-down compared to when we saw it from the front row the following night.

I am curious too! Wondering if there is any activity in the lobby yet?

I received this email this morning for my stay in July:

We are delighted you have selected Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa as your vacation destination and we look forward to your arrival!

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Disneyland® Resort, it is necessary for us to refresh our offerings from time to time. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware of refurbishments that will be taking place during your visit.

Beginning January 2017, we began work to bring a fresh new look to our Guest rooms and suites; this work will continue through Fall 2017. In June 2017, enhancements will begin in the hotel lobby, and the Concierge Lounge will be temporarily relocated while work is underway beginning in August 2017, so you may see and hear construction work in various areas.

Please know that while we work our magic, your comfort and enjoyment is our top priority. To minimize any disruptions to your stay, work with the highest potential for noise will be limited to the hours of 9am to 5pm.

All of our other unique Resort amenities, including our shopping and dining will remain open throughout your stay.

We are delighted you have selected Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa as your vacation destination and we look forward to your arrival!

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Disneyland® Resort, it is necessary for us to refresh our offerings from time to time. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware of refurbishments that will be taking place during your visit.

Beginning January 2017, we began work to bring a fresh new look to our Guest rooms and suites; this work will continue through Fall 2017. In June 2017, enhancements will begin in the hotel lobby, and the Concierge Lounge will be temporarily relocated while work is underway beginning in August 2017, so you may see and hear construction work in various areas.

Please know that while we work our magic, your comfort and enjoyment is our top priority. To minimize any disruptions to your stay, work with the highest potential for noise will be limited to the hours of 9am to 5pm.

All of our other unique Resort amenities, including our shopping and dining will remain open throughout your stay.
Thanks! We are staying in July as well. Haven't received any messages from them yet. I'll be curious how much of the lobby is unavailable at any given time.

I got that same email for my stay from November 26-Dec 2. I am seriously hoping that the lobby will be done by then. I can't imagine that they would have it under construction during Christmas season... *fingers crossed*

yes we are here now. Yesterday they shut down the entrance to the lobby from the DVC villa and we have to walk around the front. That is all really so far and something else is walled off next to the fireplace.

I got this email this morning as well for our October stay. I hope they work fast

Can anyone staying @ GCH tell me if the pool slide is currently open during the normal daytime hours? I've heard conflicting reports about the slide. Thanks!

I will be there next week and hear the lobby is one of the best parts of the hotel. I hope I can still see most of it by then!

I received the same e-mail. We will be there late August. Hopefully by then most of the work has been completed

I'm really wondering if they will cut down on services when they temporarily move the conceirge lounge. Has it ever happened before and we're services affected?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter