Grand Cal Contract @ $324 a point gone in 2 days !

I looked at hotel rates and VGC cost a while ago and concluded that VGC was worth around $600 per point. I wound up getting a contract at $200 so it was an easy decision. I’m not saying VGC should necessarily trade at $600 but if hotel rates stay high, $300 is still a great deal.
The rack rates are higher at VGF and Poly than VGC. Why aren't they selling for $300 a point ? Plus the MF are lower at the VGF.

And you can often get into both those resorts at 7 months with points from other resorts.
Its spotty to get a studio at VGF and Poly at 7 Months. Nonetheless there are many other options close to the front gate at DL than DW. Its actually harder to get the BW or BC at 7 months. I agree that VGF are not worth 300 a point but neither is GC . But I am glad to see my fellow DVC owners making some money on their resales. At some point it will raise prices on DW resorts.

Its spotty to get a studio at VGF and Poly at 7 Months. Nonetheless there are many other options close to the front gate at DL than DW. Its actually harder to get the BW or BC at 7 months. I agree that VGF are not worth 300 a point but neither is GC . But I am glad to see my fellow DVC owners making some money on their resales. At some point it will raise prices on DW resorts.

How is VGC "not worth 300 a point" if people are willing to pay this on the resale market?

Something is worth what people pay, not what people think something should be worth.

VGF inventory has improved at 7 months with the addition of the resort studios. Outside of Fall Frenzy, Poly is generally achievable.

VGC cannot be compared with WDW counterparts as it is different in a number of ways. Disneyland doesn't have the same audience as WDW so it's not competing with the plethora of resorts there. It's a small boutique offering and unless you own there, you're unlikely to be staying. It is also the only quality themed hotel in Disneyland that gives you the same "bubble" experience as at WDW. Yes, you can choose to stay across the street but your experience is not at all comparative. Grand Cal vs Best Western? I refuse to stay offsite because it negatively affects my enjoyment. No shade on those that do.

Finally, it's also the flagship with high cash rates and is almost always at high occupancy. At $300 pp you are saving over cash. At $400 pp you are still saving over cash.

Want to stay in an immersive Disney hotel in Florida? Take your pick. California? One option. DL isn't WDW.

How is VGC "not worth 300 a point" if people are willing to pay this on the resale market?

Something is worth what people pay, not what people think something should be worth.
I don't think either is worth it. But your right . If someone wants to pay it they have the right to.

There are 8 VGC contracts on our sponsors site. They even say no lesser offers will be accepted . interesting to see how they sell.

VGF inventory has improved at 7 months with the addition of the resort studios. Outside of Fall Frenzy, Poly is generally achievable.

VGC cannot be compared with WDW counterparts as it is different in a number of ways. Disneyland doesn't have the same audience as WDW so it's not competing with the plethora of resorts there. It's a small boutique offering and unless you own there, you're unlikely to be staying. It is also the only quality themed hotel in Disneyland that gives you the same "bubble" experience as at WDW. Yes, you can choose to stay across the street but your experience is not at all comparative. Grand Cal vs Best Western? I refuse to stay offsite because it negatively affects my enjoyment. No shade on those that do.

Finally, it's also the flagship with high cash rates and is almost always at high occupancy. At $300 pp you are saving over cash. At $400 pp you are still saving over cash.

Want to stay in an immersive Disney hotel in Florida? Take your pick. California? One option. DL isn't WDW.
There is also Paradise Pier ; Disneyland Hotel and Now DHV to choose from.

They are not immersive themed hotels.
Yet, We shall see Paradise pier could be pretty nice for a non-deluxe hotel with a decent theme after the Reno. To be fair I think VDH, DLH, and PP are all about as themed as CR/BLT is at WDW. I think DLH/VDH is probably nicer because there is at least green space as opposed to the concrete jungle of CR/BLT.

I think VGC/GCH have the theming of Aulani, WL/BRV/CCV, and AK but with the location of the lesser themed deluxe at WDW like BC/BW/GF/CR and is in better shape than Poly which is about the only one close to theme and location.

Yet, We shall see Paradise pier could be pretty nice for a non-deluxe hotel with a decent theme after the Reno. To be fair I think VDH, DLH, and PP are all about as themed as CR/BLT is at WDW. I think DLH/VDH is probably nicer because there is at least green space as opposed to the concrete jungle of CR/BLT.

I think VGC/GCH have the theming of Aulani, WL/BRV/CCV, and AK but with the location of the lesser themed deluxe at WDW like BC/BW/GF/CR and is in better shape than Poly which is about the only one close to theme and location.
No slight at DLH (or BLT). I like them both: neither of which are immersive themed resorts. My point is that there's a market for immersion and the market has made a statement on VDH. The market greatly values the immersion Grand Cal provides at a high premium. Now, I do think VGC prices will relax but it will continue to be priced comparatively high for the reasons I mentioned above.

Since the DISboards is not an aggregator site and we don’t allow For Sale posts, please do not share detials about contracts for sale as there is no way to know who the owner is if those contracts.

Trends are fine like prices coming down, ranges etc.but not specifics.

Last edited:
Is there a way to pull how many total contracts there are for VGC? Not total points but how many owners/contracts they broke them into and sold?

Is there a way to pull how many total contracts there are for VGC? Not total points but how many owners/contracts they broke them into and sold?

Not really easily as I believe the comptroller site in CA requires one to pay to get detailed info like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter