GoPros no longer allowed on AquaDuck?

does this policy apply to any handheld device? A waterproof camera, about the size of a palm, strapped to a wrist and hand held?

does this policy apply to any handheld device? A waterproof camera, about the size of a palm, strapped to a wrist and hand held?
Reports are the camera must be strapped on (chest or head straps). There have been a few reports that wrist strapped cameras (ones that actually hold camera to the wrist without any fingers holding it) have been allowed.

That is, no basic wrist straps (where the camera is still basically able to fly around):
10272659.jpg

But something like this could be allowed:
Gopro-Accessories-360-Degree-Rotating-Wrist-font-b-Hand-b-font-Strap-Band-Tripod-font-b.jpg

The idea is they want to you be able to hold the handles on the boat with both hands.

Then a waterproof arm strap for iPhone should be allowed, right?
The one you put the iPhone in for jogging but it's waterproof.

Then a waterproof arm strap for iPhone should be allowed, right?
The one you put the iPhone in for jogging but it's waterproof.
Don't know. As I said, there have been a few reports of wrist strapped cameras being allowed on. But I wouldn't necessarily count on it.

Can you take pictures with the iPhone while in the holder?

Don't know. As I said, there have been a few reports of wrist strapped cameras being allowed on. But I wouldn't necessarily count on it.

Can you take pictures with the iPhone while in the holder?

I am planning to take a video. I can have it strapped around my upper arm facing forward, press the video button then board the raft. The holder is clear on one side. I do have a strap around the wrist for my waterproof camera, but I don't think you can hold the raft holder with both hands when using that.

Any updates to the GoPro policy on the Aquaduck on the Dream?
Absolutely allowed you just cant use your hands to hold it. If the camera is afixed to a strap or mount that allows to to hold on to the raft then ti;s fine. It can mount to your wrist, head, chest, etc you just need to be table to grab on to the raft with both hands (this is as of May 2017)

Can anybody give a recent comment on this? Has anyone tried to use the gopro on the aquaduck recently?

Can anybody give a recent comment on this? Has anyone tried to use the gopro on the aquaduck recently?
While I can't address if there's been any change to the policy, I would doubt it. They don't want the risk of something flying through the air there (damaging the tube, hitting others, stopping the ride, etc)

You can use the GoPro, just has to be on head strap or chest strap (pretty sure the chest strap is okay) but we saw people using the head strap in May.

Used my GoPro with a wrist mount on the Aquaduck multiple times on the Fantasy last month :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter