GoPros no longer allowed on AquaDuck?

GoProMom

Meredith
A friend who just got off the Dream said he wasn't allowed to wear a GoPro on the AquaDuck.

In the past, the were allowed as long as you wore it on your head, chest or wrist. I've worn them on my head and wrist on two cruises.

Curious if anyone else has had the same experience lately of being told you can wear them.

New policy or just a fluke?

A friend who just got off the Dream said he wasn't allowed to wear a GoPro on the AquaDuck.

In the past, the were allowed as long as you wore it on your head, chest or wrist. I've worn them on my head and wrist on two cruises.

Curious if anyone else has had the same experience lately of being told you can wear them.

New policy or just a fluke?
I don't think the wrist straps are allowed. It must be actually strapped to your body and unable to fly around or stick out.

Don't know if they've all been banned now or not.

By wrist strap, I'm talking about the kind of strap that attaches tightly to your wrist, not a loose dangling kind of thing.

Something a diver would use.

By wrist strap, I'm talking about the kind of strap that attaches tightly to your wrist, not a loose dangling kind of thing.

Something a diver would use.
But does the camera stick up from the wrist? Or does it lay flat to your wrist when attached?

I heard the same about not being allowed at all and was coming here to see if anyone else has heard anything?

Last time we sailed on the Dream, had to be a chest harness. That was 2015 though.

Went on the Dream a month ago.... I had my GoPro attached to my chest. The lifeguard even told me the correct angle it needed to be for a good view. Maybe just the handheld way is banned?

We were on the Dream last week and were told no to the GoPro and we have the chest strap. But as we were waiting for our children to come through the tube to wave at them we saw some guy using his phone to film and the two attendants at the entrance to the Aquaduck just looked at each other and shook their heads in disbelief.

We were on the Dream last week and were told no to the GoPro and we have the chest strap. But as we were waiting for our children to come through the tube to wave at them we saw some guy using his phone to film and the two attendants at the entrance to the Aquaduck just looked at each other and shook their heads in disbelief.
But don't 'cha know - he's special?

Any updates from anyone who has tried recently?

I've got a head and chest strap and we will bring both just curious as to what the current "policy" is.

We got off the Fantasy Feb 4th. No issues wearing it on our heads. They even pointed out our head harness as an approved method to someone else asking.

It depends on the people. I have heard that the official policy is that they are no longer allowed, strapped on or otherwise. Some are enforcing it and some aren't. You can try but just be prepared to have to walk back down.

Which ship?
Dream

It depends on the people. I have heard that the official policy is that they are no longer allowed, strapped on or otherwise. Some are enforcing it and some aren't. You can try but just be prepared to have to walk back down.

I got stopped at the bottom of the steps they had me put the camera in a storage area right by the slide.

I had it on the head strap on our August 2016 cruise. Actually came off once, it just came out behind me......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter