Goodbye, Maxpass. Hello, Disney Genie.

Has anyone had luck getting a refund for max pass? I sent an email request for it like two weeks ago got the auto response that someone would get back to me and haven’t heard anything since… tried to call and got told the hold times were too long and to try the chat which I’ve been sitting in a queue for 3 hours….

Has anyone had luck getting a refund for max pass? I sent an email request for it like two weeks ago got the auto response that someone would get back to me and haven’t heard anything since… tried to call and got told the hold times were too long and to try the chat which I’ve been sitting in a queue for 3 hours….

Have you tried chatting in the app? I have used that feature 3 times now. The first time it took 2 days for someone to get back to me. The other 2 times it took maybe 2 minutes. I am waiting for a refund for some Park Hoppers. I was initially told it would take 14 days to credit my card. I didn't see a credit -- I waited almost 4 weeks and then reached out through the app again yesterday. I got a response right away.

Have you tried chatting in the app? I have used that feature 3 times now. The first time it took 2 days for someone to get back to me. The other 2 times it took maybe 2 minutes. I am waiting for a refund for some Park Hoppers. I was initially told it would take 14 days to credit my card. I didn't see a credit -- I waited almost 4 weeks and then reached out through the app again yesterday. I got a response right away.

I’m using the app to chat… started at 7:11 AM and it’s now 10:38 AM and I’m still “holding”

You don't have to actually wait. You can close out the app. You'll get a notification when a CM responds.

it’s just sitting in the background on my phone while I work.. just curious on the success of using the chat feature!

This could definitely be about the response from folks but never underestimate the ability for developers to run behind.

True. I have a friend who works in this realm and she said it is much easier to tweak a system like this BEFORE launch rather than change things up after the fact. She said if they do that, they will be exhausting support resources as they make changes to a live system.

She said. "They know not everyone will be on board, but they can get an idea of what people will hate (by making an announcement about the features and watching the responses). So it should be interesting to see if they still try to debut as planned or if it's re-worked before they deploy. Regardless they for sure will have tech issues out the gate bc everything does. But changing up what was announced will be telling."

it’s just sitting in the background on my phone while I work.. just curious on the success of using the chat feature!

I've had success with it. I didn't even leave the app open because they didn't come back until like 40 hours later and that app is such a battery hog.

It took me like two days for them to get back to me when I used it. So it works, but not quickly. Best for non-time-sensitive issues.

Hi there -

Email Us | Help | Disneyland Resort
Email Us
disneyland.disney.go.com
disneyland.disney.go.com

If you use this link and choose "Disney Max Pass Refunds" from the pull-down menu you should get a reply. I got a reply the next day and an CM said they'd start the refund process, for MaxPass. I had my confirmation email on 8/30 but no refund yet. They said 6-8 weeks.

Just saw on Fresh Baked a report on someone who experienced a Genie+ preview. According to this person, Genie+ only allows you to make ONE Lightning Lane reservation per ride per day.

So, one LL pass on Big Thunder, one on Matterhorn, etc. if you want to ride those attractions a second time, you’ll need to use the standby lane.

If this is true, whether it’s good or bad comes down to personal opinion. But either way, at the very least this is another way Genie+ is like MaxPass… but worse! Maybe it will help prevent the standby lines from getting overwhelmed, but it certainly means there is less value to Genie+, and especially less value to someone who is not interested in riding every ride.

I’m trying not to judge until Genie+ actually gets rolled out, and we have some time to see how it works, but I do feel like none of the announcements about the program seem like a change for the better compared to MaxPass.

I try to stay positive, but I’m feeling pretty beat down as every announcement and bit of news lately always seems to be about something that is not as good as it was before. I’d really love to hear an announcement from Disney that makes me say “Wow, That’s going to be way better! What a great idea/improvement!”

Just saw on Fresh Baked a report on someone who experienced a Genie+ preview. According to this person, Genie+ only allows you to make ONE Lightning Lane reservation per ride per day.

Here's the link to her video:

Carlye is always spot on so it bums me out. We're big 're-riders' with our use of MaxPass... we will ride something we love 2-3 times a day so this SUCKS.

Last edited:
No one is gonna buy Genie+ with all these stipulations.

So much for riding Haunted Mansion Holiday four times in a day again. If I want to use my Fastpass/lightning pass/lane/whatever (that I paid for!) on the same ride over and over instead of others, what's it to them? Obnoxious.

I get they're trying to spread people out but geez.

So much for riding Haunted Mansion Holiday four times in a day again. If I want to use my Fastpass/lightning pass/lane/whatever (that I paid for!) on the same ride over and over instead of others, what's it to them? Obnoxious.

I get they're trying to spread people out but geez.

Have these people never had young kids? Kids love doing stuff over and over again.

Kinda sucks. But it's still better than paying per ride with LL+.

But as far as kids re-riding (kids with special needs excepted, of course), there was no such thing as FP when my kids were littles. If they wanted to ride multiple times we stood in line. They got it. We all survived. And it taught them good lessons in patience, delayed gratification, and waiting their turn.

Kinda sucks. But it's still better than paying per ride with LL+.

But as far as kids re-riding (kids with special needs excepted, of course), there was no such thing as FP when my kids were littles. If they wanted to ride multiple times we stood in line. They got it. We all survived. And it taught them good lessons in patience, delayed gratification, and waiting their turn.

I think after the year and a half we've had, in particular, a trip to Disneyland should really not need to be another life lesson for our kids.

I think after the year and a half we've had, in particular, a trip to Disneyland should really not need to be another life lesson for our kids.

I'd say after the year and a half we've ALL had, it's a very good time to learn some of the lessons life has to teach us. And one of the blessings that Walt left all of us is that lessons are easily and quietly learned when surrounded by magic and a little pixie dust.

But so as not to derail, as Forrest Gump said "That's all I have to say about that".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter