Goodbye, Maxpass. Hello, Disney Genie.

No way I am paying $50.00 per person to ride a ride after I am paying for my family of 5. We are doing a quick trip to Disneyland and 2 day tickets are 1145.00 for 2 days now you are telling me $15.00 more per person plus $50.00 or something similar to ride the E ticket rides. This is outrageous to me. Our last family trip to WDW in 2019 I spent $6000.00 or more and that was without dessert parties or extra this or that. We are middle class and the backbone of Disney with our annual trips but it is getting to the point where only the wealthy can afford the park and they aren’t the ones going to them. I do feel like WDW was so overcrowded before the pandemic that they had to do something about the lines but I don’t like any of the direction they are going in. I feel like they are making huge marketing mistakes by stripping away all the benefits and doubling up on the cost.

TBH we are top tax bracket and I still wouldn't pay it. That's how the wealthy blow their money, paying $50pp for a freaking 3 minute (or whatever) ride. I mean, unless you're Kardashian wealthy and if those are the only people DLR wants at their parks...by all means :)

TBH we are top tax bracket and I still wouldn't pay it. That's how the wealthy blow their money, paying $50pp for a freaking 3 minute (or whatever) ride. I mean, unless you're Kardashian wealthy and if those are the only people DLR wants at their parks...by all means :)
I actually think that many people who have a lot of disposable income that they worked to achieve are pretty frugal about how they spend it. They know what it took to get it, maybe.

Definitely interested to see what this looks like. Was on the Disneyland side today for a visit (visit the parks once a week) and personally don't think an upcharge was needed for anything, including Mansion Holiday. Guests were very focused on merchandise and Halloween food. (lines for special churros)

I was looking over the prices they're charging for Disneyland Paris. I do
wondering how it's fairing over there.

It's a good gauge to see what they'll possibly charge at Disneyland here. For example I don't think they'd up charge for Peter Pan here....(nervous laughter)

I think Radiator Springs for sure will have that added cost. I don't think the prices will be over $15 per person. But even that would add up for a party of 4.

Is there any reason for lanyards now? We started using them with maxpass instead of pulling out my phone, put our tickets in front to front and would scan one side, flip, and scan the other. We are there in 2.5 weeks, and it doesn’t sound like we have any reason to hang our tickets—even if we get them—around our necks, we will just be using our phones for everything?

Is there any reason for lanyards now? We started using them with maxpass instead of pulling out my phone, put our tickets in front to front and would scan one side, flip, and scan the other. We are there in 2.5 weeks, and it doesn’t sound like we have any reason to hang our tickets—even if we get them—around our necks, we will just be using our phones for everything?

Unless you’re doing rider switch there is no need to scan your tickets for anything after you’re through the turnstiles at the moment. Have a magical trip!

Is there any new news or rumors on when genie + will start?
A lot of the rumors seem to be leaning towards October. Oct 1 is the start of WDW's 50th anniversary and signs with lightning lane and genie have been seen in the WDW parks. While this doesn't necessarily mean anything for CA, it would be unlike Disney to leave a big gap between rollouts.
So if it does start in WDW in October, Disneyland should follow suit soon after

A lot of the rumors seem to be leaning towards October. Oct 1 is the start of WDW's 50th anniversary and signs with lightning lane and genie have been seen in the WDW parks. While this doesn't necessarily mean anything for CA, it would be unlike Disney to leave a big gap between rollouts.
So if it does start in WDW in October, Disneyland should follow suit soon after
I'm hearing it's going to be closer to mid October for WDW.

I'm personally less interested in the official date and more interested to see if they'll roll it out on all parks at the same day. I can't imagine a bigger IT disaster

They haven't said anything about one launching first. Usually Disney will make that distinction in their press releases. We should expect a simultaneous launch. There is no reason to not do it that way. WDW and DL use two completely separate apps.

They haven't said anything about one launching first. Usually Disney will make that distinction in their press releases. We should expect a simultaneous launch. There is no reason to not do it that way. WDW and DL use two completely separate apps.
Sorry, I meant if it will roll out at all 4 WDW parks the same day or if it will be phased in over a few days.

I would be happy if it's mid October for DL also. I don't wanna be a guinea pig on my son's first visit in 2 years!
I don’t think it will be that soon at DL. We would be hearing about CMs going to training sessions, signage change outs, etc. at least a month+ prior to launch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter