• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good breakfast buffet without characters?

Seewhatimesdone

<font color=green>Every thread should have a <marq
I love breakfast buffets but I don't really like character meals. It seems like most buffets at the world have characters. Does anyone know of a good breakfast buffet without creepy people in costumes? :rotfl: I've already tried Boma and was not impressed so I wouldn't do that one again. Any suggestions would be great!

:thumbsup2 Trails End at Fort Wilderness

:thumbsup2 Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge (not buffet, but all you care to eat breakfast skillet)

:thumbsup2 Captain's Grille at Yacht Club

:thumbsup2 Garden Grove Cafe at Swan (except Saturday IS a character meal.)

:thumbsup2 Maya Grill at Coronado Springs

Have a magical trip! :wizard:

:surfweb: Jennifer

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm getting excited for the buffet! :banana:

I ate at Trails End at Ft Wilderness last week and I was not impressed. They have cut back on their selection of foods and it was rather bland. It cost $30 (for 2) including tip and was definitely not worth it. Normally I love Trails End but it has changed recently and not for the better.

I ate at Trails End at Ft Wilderness last week and I was not impressed. They have cut back on their selection of foods and it was rather bland. It cost $30 (for 2) including tip and was definitely not worth it. Normally I love Trails End but it has changed recently and not for the better.

Hmm thanks for letting me know.

BOMA....BOMA....BOMA.....

You will LOVE it!!

Here is our review of the breakfast buffet at Boma and pictures of all items:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25549174&postcount=244

I tried Boma last time and the selection was very small. I suppose I might do it again though but it wouldn't be my first choice

Hmm thanks for letting me know.

I tried Boma last time and the selection was very small. I suppose I might do it again though but it wouldn't be my first choice

Seriously - Boma alwasy has WAY more food than I've ever seen at any breakfast buffet when I'm there. They have two stations of breads/pastries, a fresh fruit and yogart station, hot and cold cereal, eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, pancakes, carved meat, and some other specialty things.

I think Boma is the best breakfast buffet I've ever been too except for a fancy fancy brunch buffet I went to once in Sacramento

Seriously - Boma alwasy has WAY more food than I've ever seen at any breakfast buffet when I'm there. They have two stations of breads/pastries, a fresh fruit and yogart station, hot and cold cereal, eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, pancakes, carved meat, and some other specialty things.

I think Boma is the best breakfast buffet I've ever been too except for a fancy fancy brunch buffet I went to once in Sacramento

I just wasn't impressed. Goofy's kitchen at Disneyland is my favorite breakfast buffet but it's huge so i'm probably spoiled.

Is the breakfast at Coronado any good?

I just wasn't impressed. Goofy's kitchen at Disneyland is my favorite breakfast buffet but it's huge so i'm probably spoiled.

Is the breakfast at Coronado any good?

I don't know - I've never been to Coronado. I have been to Goofy's kitchen and it was a good buffet and the characters there are lots of fun

I don't know - I've never been to Coronado. I have been to Goofy's kitchen and it was a good buffet and the characters there are lots of fun

Unfortunately not. The buffet at Maya Grill is very small and not very good at that. My favorite breakfast buffet used to be Crystal Palace, until they opened Tusker House. I just love the Tusker House breakfast! Unfortunately, both CP and Tusker House are character meals.

I really wished they would open up more breakfast buffets that aren't character meals.

I'm excited to hear that Tusker House is good. We have an ADR their for our next trip. We've not tried it yet

Kona is a great breakfast...my heart belongs to Boma tho :lovestruc

Its not a buffet but we ate at Spoodles on the boardwalk and they have an all you can eat breakfast that we absolutely loved. We actually canceled a buffet to go back a second time. It was peaceful and the food was awesome. They also have a great press pot coffee.

Actually the buffet at Maya Grill isn't bad. Basic to be sure, but it's a quiet spot that we like. They have a pretty good breakfast burrito and their bacon is arguably the best at WDW.
And that all you can eat breakfast offering at Spoodles is pretty good also. Not a true buffet, but more than just standard table service.

I don't really understand how the all you can eat or family style works. Do they just bring everything to your table instead of you getting up to get it? :confused3

Tusker House looks really awesome so maybe we'll just go and deal with the characters anyways :rotfl:

I don't really understand how the all you can eat or family style works. Do they just bring everything to your table instead of you getting up to get it? :confused3

Tusker House looks really awesome so maybe we'll just go and deal with the characters anyways :rotfl:

Family style has a set menu, and everything on the menu is brought to the tables on big platters. You can ask for more, seconds, thirds, or even fourths, of anything you like. It is much calmer than buffetts because you don't have to get up during your meal and you can all eat at the same time.:thumbsup2

Haha wow that sounds really nice. Where do they offer this? I think I heard they do this at Whispering Canyon but I have no desire to go there :rotfl:

The "all you can eat" at Spoodles isn't really true family style. You order eggs, meat, potatoes, etc and they bring you (just you) that order. If you want more, you say so and they bring you (just you) more of the same. Until you say your finished!!

They do the same thing at Garden Grill right? I've thought about trying there too...

Here's a menu list of Disney's buffets & family style breakfasts:
http://allears.net/din/buffet.htm

The column on the far right indicates whether characters are at that location.

I see that you're not interested in Whispering Canyon. I've only been there for breakfast & it was actually tame & quiet. I've heard the opposite happens as the day progresses. All in all, the food there was delicious & the hotel is beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter