Golf Cart Lights

kmitchel

DIS Veteran
We are heading to FW next month and I want to put lights on my golf cart. It does not have a 12-volt plug at the moment, so does anyone have detailed instructions on how to install one or connect lights directly to the battery?

I have searched the internet and can't seem to find what I need.

Thanks in advance!
Karen

Is your cart 36 or 48 volt electric or gas? That will tell you what kind of voltage reducer you will need. Are you looking to just get 12 volt automotive lights?

If you have the time I would just order a light kit from East Coast Carts or something. They come with front and rear lights and compete installation instructions and are pretty easy to install.

Is your cart 36 or 48 volt electric or gas? That will tell you what kind of voltage reducer you will need. Are you looking to just get 12 volt automotive lights?
If 36v no reducer needed, just jump off the terminals of two batteries in line (6v ea) and you will get 12v.

For a 48v system you can either use a 16v to 12v reducer and tap off two batteries or use a voltage converter if you want to tap off the entire pack. The second option is preferred if you may add additional options in the future.

HERE is an inexpensive light kit you can install. And, don''t forget a taillight kit

It is a 36v cart.

It already has headlights and tail lights. I am trying to put the 12 volt adapter to put Christmas lights on my cart or maybe plug in a 12 volt fan.

Thanks!

Just get a 12volt marine batt and hook your lights to that so you save the run time on your cart. Then just charge that with a 12 volt charger when needed. For hooking up lights with a house cord just get a inverter and clamp that to your 12 volt marine batt and plug your lights into that.

Tungpo1 - Thanks!! That is just what I was looking for! Do you have a link to that kind of inverter? I don't know what to 'google' to find something like that.

How would I then re-charge the marine battery?

You can find an inverter at Wal-mart, Traget. I got mine at Lowes. You would need a small battery charger, you can plug in at your camp site.

Thanks medic9016!

That is just what I was looking for!

I appreciate everyone's help!!

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter