Golf Cart and Driving

Paradise East

Mouseketeer
We'll be at the Fort in March and preplanning never stops.

Couple of questions ..

1. Just noticed the trail between the Fort and the WL. Is it reasonably walkable and can we take to GC over or do they have to remain at FW?

2. We plan to drive to the parks except MK and was wondering if we could park at another resort (BW or BC) and walk into Epcot or the Studios

Thanks
Dave

Not sure about #2, but I'm pretty sure you can't drive golf carts to WL. Golf carts must be kept on FW property.

We'll be at the Fort in March and preplanning never stops.

Couple of questions ..

1. Just noticed the trail between the Fort and the WL. Is it reasonably walkable and can we take to GC over or do they have to remain at FW?

2. We plan to drive to the parks except MK and was wondering if we could park at another resort (BW or BC) and walk into Epcot or the Studios

Thanks
Dave
#1 As was stated, carts are not to be used on the trail between FW & WL.

#2 Whay not just park at the theme park you are going to? With your FW parking pass, yo have free parking at any of the Disney parks.

I think the reason they were asking was that they wanted to park at one of the resorts near the boardwalk, which is in the middle of the 2 parks. Keeps them from having to walk all the way back from the other park. In the end, however, you walk the same distance, just in different bursts.

On that note, I would decide which park I was to visit first, then park at the other one. Do your long walk at the beginning of the day, not at the end when you're more worn out. I do not, however, know if this would be a problem. You might still be ahead to drive to each one. Burns more gas, but if you wear yourself out walking between the parks you enjoy the park itself less.

Parking at a resort in order to go to a park is frowned on, but having said that we've done it at BWI before. Over Christmas though, I think they really enforce the rules, during slow times, not so much.

Just fyi about BoardWalk...we parked at BWI on Halloween day to go to ESPN Club and the BW Bakery. They were very strick on the parking there and the guest parking was quite a walk down to the boardwalk area! :confused3

Parking at a resort in order to go to a park is frowned on, but having said that we've done it at BWI before. Over Christmas though, I think they really enforce the rules, during slow times, not so much.

That has been our experience and during the busy times if you're driving to a resort for a meal they will give you a pass good for like 3 hours. This happened to us at the GF and Poly last year during the Xmas season. This past Oct/Nov we just said we has ressies at whatever restaurant and were waved thru and no passes needed - WL, CR, BW, AKL. However, we weren't parking at a resort just to go to a park, we were actually eating at the resort.

Larry

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like it can be done but is frowned upon, especially at busy times.

That said, the reason I asked is that we have ADR at the Cape May Clambake for dinner one evening and hoped to walk or take the launch into Epcot afterwards. Plus we have never seen the BW and YC/BC and want to do some exploring.

We also like to take the boat from POFQ into DD and I guess we'll give that a try also and see how accomodating the CM's at the parking entrances.

Dave

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like it can be done but is frowned upon, especially at busy times.

That said, the reason I asked is that we have ADR at the Cape May Clambake for dinner one evening and hoped to walk or take the launch into Epcot afterwards. Plus we have never seen the BW and YC/BC and want to do some exploring.

We also like to take the boat from POFQ into DD and I guess we'll give that a try also and see how accomodating the CM's at the parking entrances.

Dave

I'd forgotten that we also did the Cape May Clambake and drove. You might just drive for dinner and if there is not pass given with a time limit then you might be good and if there is then you can walk to BW and look around the YC/BC until your pass is up and then just bite the bullet and drive over to EPCOT.

Larry

Yup ... thats what I think we will do. Play it by ear and see what happens. We are going to be at the Fort from March 15 until March 21 and can't figure out if WDW is going to be crowded at all. Just checked the availability of the Buy 4-Get 3 Free special and there are quite a few resorts still available including the FW Cabins.

Dave

We're here now. We went to BW yesterday to watch the game at ESPN. We pulled in the gate, said we were there to go to ESPN, showed our room key and FW parking pass, and they just waved us through to the self park area - no ticket or pass or anything.

Granted now is a pretty slow time. But to also echo what others have said, the self park area is a bit of a hike to the actual BW... which is in turn an even bigger hike over to Beach/Yacht, and then further to Epcot.

It's not a trail. It's a road with a gate at the end. You can get out but you can't get back in.

How do I know? Well.....

DH and I decided to sightsee around FW in our cart. We had never really explored the property and just went out for a slow ride.

We apparently missed the sign saying "No Carts passed this point" and kept going, and going, and going until we got to the gate at the WL - the other side of the gate.

We turned around and found we couldn't get back in and a nice castmember going to work let us in.

But it really wasn't necessary. Within minutes of us crossing that gate 2 security cars came to fetch us and made sure we were really lost :) They were NOT happy we got away. :) But that road was pretty deserted so I can only guess they have a few cameras watching for unauthorized access onto that road.

Needless to say, on our way back we stopped to look for the sign. It was there, not really all that big or obvious.

I really think they need to put a much larger sign at the beginning of that road. It was really easy to miss.

But I'm sure you can walk, if you'd like. Just leave the cart in FW :)

It's not a trail. It's a road with a gate at the end. You can get out but you can't get back in.

How do I know? Well.....

DH and I decided to sightsee around FW in our cart. We had never really explored the property and just went out for a slow ride.

We apparently missed the sign saying "No Carts passed this point" and kept going, and going, and going until we got to the gate at the WL - the other side of the gate.

We turned around and found we couldn't get back in and a nice castmember going to work let us in.

But it really wasn't necessary. Within minutes of us crossing that gate 2 security cars came to fetch us and made sure we were really lost :) They were NOT happy we got away. :) But that road was pretty deserted so I can only guess they have a few cameras watching for unauthorized access onto that road.

Needless to say, on our way back we stopped to look for the sign. It was there, not really all that big or obvious.

I really think they need to put a much larger sign at the beginning of that road. It was really easy to miss.

Were you on the road, or the paved trail? I've never seen a gate on the paved trail before, but there are gates on the road that runs between the two resorts.

How do I know? Well.....

There is an biking/jogging/walking trail that parallels the utility road you were on.

Were you on the road, or the paved trail? I've never seen a gate on the paved trail before, but there are gates on the road that runs between the two resorts.
We were on the road. We already knew the cart couldn't go onto the paved trail that's off to the side.

Can you drive your own golf cart if you are only 14 yrs old, at the Fort, of course.

I have seen it done but it is against the rules and I have seen people get caught also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter