Gold Mobility Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which mobility scooter did you want to rent? These scooters are basically one size fit all. Most can have the seat raised or lowered by one-inch increments. Very few have the ability to move the seat backward and forward although the last mobility scooter that I bought had this feature. Also, most mobility scooters have the ability to adjust the tiller and adjust it closer or further away. This feature doesn't work as a seat, but more as a swivel in an arch motion from the bottom of the tiller.

I have never rented from them before since I own my own wheelchair now, but they responded within 1-2 days on their Facebook website when I was looking for a photo of a rear basket for one of their mobility scooters.

Why don't you try again and I hope that you find a mobility scooter that you can use for her?

Also, don't forget to check your junk email for a response.

Thanks for your response about the size. I would have thought they would be more adjustable.

I do check my spam folder but nothing there. I hate using Facebook & since their website had a "Contact US" feature, I thought that would suffice!

In addition to the suggestions others have made, it is also possible they experienced a glitch with their online form. Or, they haven't gotten back to you yet.

Here are some other ways to contact them:

They have a FB page and Twitter account, which are linked from their website at ********************************/

According to FB, they usually reply to FB messages within 24 hours.

According to their FB "About Us" page, they have an email address: service@*********************com

Per their website, they have a phone number: (407) 414-0287

Good luck finding the info you need.

Perhaps if you ask your questions in these forums someone may be able to answer it ? The models they use are standard models, even if fancied up.

SW
Thank you!

I emailed them & got a quick response.

I appreciate all the great comments! Have a Magical Day all!

Reading the FAQ on company web site. you are charged for the rental at time of booking if you book on line but charged at pick up if you book via phone. Is this correct. Used Care before and was charged the day before booking.

Reading the FAQ on company web site. you are charged for the rental at time of booking if you book on line but charged at pick up if you book via phone. Is this correct. Used Care before and was charged the day before booking.

The first time I rented from GMS, I reserved via phone since I had several questions, and then all further contacts were via text. I was charged upon delivery and he actually ran my credit card while I was standing there at delivery. I reserved again for the end of January and just shot Nick an e-mail last month to reserve and he quickly confirmed the reservation. I have not been charged for the January reservation.

I also used to use Care Medical before they retired. Gold Mobility Scooters' service is every bit as good, and the equipment is much newer with many extras.

Good luck to you!

It is correct. I called them and booked and they didn’t charge me until the day they delivered. Ran my credit card in front of me and everything was very easy.

The first time I rented from GMS, I reserved via phone since I had several questions, and then all further contacts were via text. I was charged upon delivery and he actually ran my credit card while I was standing there at delivery. I reserved again for the end of January and just shot Nick an e-mail last month to reserve and he quickly confirmed the reservation. I have not been charged for the January reservation.

I also used to use Care Medical before they retired. Gold Mobility Scooters' service is every bit as good, and the equipment is much newer with many extras.

Good luck to you!
My daughter placed our first time ECV reservation with Gold Mobility on the computer and we paid at the time of reservation. The second time I called them on the phone to reserve instead. They said they don't take credit card numbers for security reasons over the phone. We just pay for the ECV's with a credit card on delivery. Our ECV's we received the first time from them looked like new.

Called them today to add a day on to our reservation. They couldn't have been any nicer. They told me again to text them when my flight lands and when I'm on the Magical Express and they will have someone waiting there before me. I'm super impressed by their level of service and commitment to quality.

Just an FYI. They have specials going on right now. I was worried about the prices going up. I was told That since I already have my reservation it won’t go up. They are still the cheapest around and I’ll use them in the future.

Just an FYI. They have specials going on right now. I was worried about the prices going up. I was told That since I already have my reservation it won’t go up. They are still the cheapest around and I’ll use them in the future.

The "specials" you refer to are their every day low prices.

Booked them this week via phone. did not mention what accessory I wanted. remembered after i got off the phone. Should I call back or shoot them a e mail?

Booked them this week via phone. did not mention what accessory I wanted. remembered after i got off the phone. Should I call back or shoot them a e mail?
Call them. They'll update your reservation to include your chosen accessory right then and there.

Gold is THE BEST scooter rental company. I was afraid with the delivery part because I’ve never done a face-to-face rental before, but the night before our vacation, they had a rep ask us what time our flight gets in and to not worry.

Well, I was worried and texted the guy every leg of our trip (When the plane landed, when I got off the plane, when I boarded/disembarked from the airport tram, when I got to the DME line.) He said that all he needed to know was when I got on the bus, lol. When I got on said bus and the driver made his announcement about what hotel was which stop, I texted the rep with the bus stop number too and he was on the way to meet me (PERFECT TIMING!). As soon as I got to the hotel, they were there with the scooter.

After my vacation was finished, they were there on time for the pick up. (they texted me the night before.) The only thing that I told them that they could improve on was to fix the wobbly-ness of the canopy, other than that, it’s a dream scooter and I WILL rent from them again.

Another hearty endorsement for this company. They were on time and the equipment was great. We had one mechanical difficulty but they came and fixed it, no problem. Will definitely use again.

We had an excellent experience with Gold Mobility as well, they were there when we got there (despite our flight being 3 hours late, but that's another story), they picked up on time and just overall very nice. Something unexpected was that we got very little in the way of people giving us nasty looks for using an ECV, instead they saw how nice the ECVs were and commented on that, so I would say that a potential side effect of renting from them is that you end up getting fewer nasty looks.

My husband has been having difficulty walking for the last 2 and a half months due to a terrible gout attack. It is under control but he is just barely walking. Our trip is on Feb. 24, just 9 days away and I know he will not be up to walking any distances (although he keeps telling me he will). Short of cancelling our trip, an ECV is the only solution. I have told him that if he doesn't need the whole day, he can just park it. I would rather be safe than sorry.

My stress level is through the roof - We only booked this trip in early December so it has been a lot of planning in a condensed time. We have zero experience with ECV's and all of the options online were doing my head in. I actually booked with another company because they seem popular in the parks (I remember from my last trip) and they are a featured provider but I didn't find the lady I booked with very helpful at all. I have been reading over lots of reviews and trying to find info on which company to rent from but there didn't seem to be any clear cut winners, but Gold kept popping up on this board. I finally came across this posting and all the reviews are so positive!! I decided I didn't really need to have the ECV left with bell services, we can make it work into our schedule to meet them (and a lesson on how to use it properly would not go amiss!). I called Gold and the guy was so nice and informative. He gave me information I didn't even ask for and compared to the other call I made, it was like night and day customer service. I have booked and feel more positive about it.

Thanks to everyone for your posts! I will update with a review once we get back.

My husband has been having difficulty walking for the last 2 and a half months due to a terrible gout attack. It is under control but he is just barely walking. Our trip is on Feb. 24, just 9 days away and I know he will not be up to walking any distances (although he keeps telling me he will). Short of cancelling our trip, an ECV is the only solution. I have told him that if he doesn't need the whole day, he can just park it. I would rather be safe than sorry.

My stress level is through the roof - We only booked this trip in early December so it has been a lot of planning in a condensed time. We have zero experience with ECV's and all of the options online were doing my head in. I actually booked with another company because they seem popular in the parks (I remember from my last trip) and they are a featured provider but I didn't find the lady I booked with very helpful at all. I have been reading over lots of reviews and trying to find info on which company to rent from but there didn't seem to be any clear cut winners, but Gold kept popping up on this board. I finally came across this posting and all the reviews are so positive!! I decided I didn't really need to have the ECV left with bell services, we can make it work into our schedule to meet them (and a lesson on how to use it properly would not go amiss!). I called Gold and the guy was so nice and informative. He gave me information I didn't even ask for and compared to the other call I made, it was like night and day customer service. I have booked and feel more positive about it.

Thanks to everyone for your posts! I will update with a review once we get back.

Another great thing about the fantastic service of this company and also having it delivered in person is that they will adjust the seat, etc for his comfort, so be sure and have him sit in it before the rep. leaves and request that he adjust it if he is not comfortable. I think you will love this company and their service. Sounds like a good decision for your upcoming trip!

The good thing about Gold Mobility is that they work around their schedule to accommodate you. My flight kept getting changed. I was really worried because I had my time set with them months in advance. I called the company and spoke with Nick and he assured me that no matter what time my flight arrived they would be there to meet me. All I had to do was send them a quick text message. Which I did when my flight landed and then again when I was on the Magical Express. He was at my resort before I got there. I had worried about inconveniencing them. they couldn't have been nicer and they put me at such ease that I'm renting from them again in May....

Gold really is the best. They’re getting so big in fact that by summer they’ll be starting to rent powerchairs (both regular and heavy duty) to increase their user base.

Gold really is the best. They’re getting so big in fact that by summer they’ll be starting to rent powerchairs (both regular and heavy duty) to increase their user base.
They are. I hope they don't get so big that they start slacking on their customer service. I doubt that they will, but I hope not. They now have some upgraded sunshades. They look like they are easy to use on the buses and when backing up. So, I asked if it could be added onto my reservation in May. They went ahead and did it for me without having to call. Love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts