Gold Mobility Rental

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by TallyTutter, May 27, 2018.

1. darthvaderusa

darthvaderusa Mouseketeer

Thanks for your response about the size. I would have thought they would be more adjustable.

I do check my spam folder but nothing there. I hate using Facebook & since their website had a "Contact US" feature, I thought that would suffice!

2. darthvaderusa

darthvaderusa Mouseketeer

Thank you!

I emailed them & got a quick response.

I appreciate all the great comments! Have a Magical Day all!

Starwind likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Chip_Dale

Chip_Dale DIS Veteran

Reading the FAQ on company web site. you are charged for the rental at time of booking if you book on line but charged at pick up if you book via phone. Is this correct. Used Care before and was charged the day before booking.

5. YodasMom

YodasMom Dis Veteran

The first time I rented from GMS, I reserved via phone since I had several questions, and then all further contacts were via text. I was charged upon delivery and he actually ran my credit card while I was standing there at delivery. I reserved again for the end of January and just shot Nick an e-mail last month to reserve and he quickly confirmed the reservation. I have not been charged for the January reservation.

I also used to use Care Medical before they retired. Gold Mobility Scooters' service is every bit as good, and the equipment is much newer with many extras.

Good luck to you!

CatNipRules likes this.
  6. CatNipRules

CatNipRules DIS Veteran

It is correct. I called them and booked and they didn’t charge me until the day they delivered. Ran my credit card in front of me and everything was very easy.

7. newdisneylady

newdisneylady Like like there is no tomorrow

My daughter placed our first time ECV reservation with Gold Mobility on the computer and we paid at the time of reservation. The second time I called them on the phone to reserve instead. They said they don't take credit card numbers for security reasons over the phone. We just pay for the ECV's with a credit card on delivery. Our ECV's we received the first time from them looked like new.

YodasMom and CatNipRules like this.
  8. CatNipRules

CatNipRules DIS Veteran

Called them today to add a day on to our reservation. They couldn't have been any nicer. They told me again to text them when my flight lands and when I'm on the Magical Express and they will have someone waiting there before me. I'm super impressed by their level of service and commitment to quality.

darthvaderusa likes this.
  9. CatNipRules

CatNipRules DIS Veteran

Just an FYI. They have specials going on right now. I was worried about the prices going up. I was told That since I already have my reservation it won’t go up. They are still the cheapest around and I’ll use them in the future.

10. mojo1117

mojo1117 veteran and newbie

The "specials" you refer to are their every day low prices.

11. Chip_Dale

Chip_Dale DIS Veteran

Booked them this week via phone. did not mention what accessory I wanted. remembered after i got off the phone. Should I call back or shoot them a e mail?

12. mojo1117

mojo1117 veteran and newbie

Call them. They'll update your reservation to include your chosen accessory right then and there.

13. Groot

Groot Still recovering from the events of Infinity War.

Gold is THE BEST scooter rental company. I was afraid with the delivery part because I’ve never done a face-to-face rental before, but the night before our vacation, they had a rep ask us what time our flight gets in and to not worry.

Well, I was worried and texted the guy every leg of our trip (When the plane landed, when I got off the plane, when I boarded/disembarked from the airport tram, when I got to the DME line.) He said that all he needed to know was when I got on the bus, lol. When I got on said bus and the driver made his announcement about what hotel was which stop, I texted the rep with the bus stop number too and he was on the way to meet me (PERFECT TIMING!). As soon as I got to the hotel, they were there with the scooter.

After my vacation was finished, they were there on time for the pick up. (they texted me the night before.) The only thing that I told them that they could improve on was to fix the wobbly-ness of the canopy, other than that, it’s a dream scooter and I WILL rent from them again.

Starwind and chelynnah like this.
  14. dkostel

dkostel DIS Veteran

Another hearty endorsement for this company. They were on time and the equipment was great. We had one mechanical difficulty but they came and fixed it, no problem. Will definitely use again.

15. cmwade77

cmwade77 DIS Veteran

We had an excellent experience with Gold Mobility as well, they were there when we got there (despite our flight being 3 hours late, but that's another story), they picked up on time and just overall very nice. Something unexpected was that we got very little in the way of people giving us nasty looks for using an ECV, instead they saw how nice the ECVs were and commented on that, so I would say that a potential side effect of renting from them is that you end up getting fewer nasty looks.

16. Maddy2016

Maddy2016 Earning My Ears

My husband has been having difficulty walking for the last 2 and a half months due to a terrible gout attack. It is under control but he is just barely walking. Our trip is on Feb. 24, just 9 days away and I know he will not be up to walking any distances (although he keeps telling me he will). Short of cancelling our trip, an ECV is the only solution. I have told him that if he doesn't need the whole day, he can just park it. I would rather be safe than sorry.

My stress level is through the roof - We only booked this trip in early December so it has been a lot of planning in a condensed time. We have zero experience with ECV's and all of the options online were doing my head in. I actually booked with another company because they seem popular in the parks (I remember from my last trip) and they are a featured provider but I didn't find the lady I booked with very helpful at all. I have been reading over lots of reviews and trying to find info on which company to rent from but there didn't seem to be any clear cut winners, but Gold kept popping up on this board. I finally came across this posting and all the reviews are so positive!! I decided I didn't really need to have the ECV left with bell services, we can make it work into our schedule to meet them (and a lesson on how to use it properly would not go amiss!). I called Gold and the guy was so nice and informative. He gave me information I didn't even ask for and compared to the other call I made, it was like night and day customer service. I have booked and feel more positive about it.

Thanks to everyone for your posts! I will update with a review once we get back.

17. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

@Maddy2016 :welcome:

I'm glad the information here has been helpful. Enjoy your vacation!

RaySharpton likes this.
  18. YodasMom

YodasMom Dis Veteran

Another great thing about the fantastic service of this company and also having it delivered in person is that they will adjust the seat, etc for his comfort, so be sure and have him sit in it before the rep. leaves and request that he adjust it if he is not comfortable. I think you will love this company and their service. Sounds like a good decision for your upcoming trip!

RaySharpton likes this.