going solo in DLP day 3

elisebutt

DIS Veteran
7th April 2002
Destination - Bussy St George, Paris
Cast – Me - all alone – Elise 36/7

Woke up really early to the sound of the phone ringing at 7.00 – Baz singing Happy Birthday to me – Aaaah.

Had a late breakfast at 10.30, and then went upstairs to pack, fully intending to check out, put my case into Guest storage and spend n the day at the Studio. But my feet really, really hurt – all blistered and swollen – should have seen the Bad Shoes website before I left!!
So I booked a late checkout and collapse on the bed with my feet up against the wall. Woke up at 1.30 and checked out. Caught the RER back to CDG – second station if anyone’s interested. Had lunch at Maxims - really scrummy a la Carte – Smoked Salmon and blinis followed by desert selection – tarte tatin, fig tart, chocolate pudding and ice cream, and café crème grand (large white coffee)£18€
Checked in at 6.00 and went through to departures to go shopping - Got a lovely Dior coffret for 24€, cigars and whisky for baz, and a few ciggies for me – ooops – 5 cigars over limit – Oh well – shove them into depths of handbag and cross everything. Tasteless bottle opener for Dad as he loves tat, and some lovely violet soap and soap dish for mum.
Boarded at 8.30 and took off dead on time at 8.50. Had some more free champers and a lovely seafood terrine and salad. Landed at 9.10(GMT). Then had to wait for over half an hour for the luggage. Got through customs ok, called up taxi, got a coffee and I was home for 10.30.

Lovely trip, but next time I’ll wear trainers.

Sounds like you had some really good food except for dinner at your hotel, but both lunches ( at the Steakhouse and Maxims...wow!) sound delicious! ....... and I don't believe in croissants fairies :D :D :D

The best bit abpout this trip was being able to eat when and where I liked. No cries of " I'm hungry mum", or having to worry about kids meals etc. This trip was possible one of the cheapest short trips i've had as well - £70 flight, £126 hotel. With everything else included I probably spent about £350 for the whole weekend and it was well worth it.

Hope I can do it again next year - might even take DH this time (Nahhh!)

You sound like you had a lovely time , and like others I do think that you are brave going alone. Mind you it must have been nice just to please yourself where you ate, when you ate and what you ate. Sometimes feeding our lot with all their different likes and dislikes is a nightmare. Carolyn

Glad yer enjoyed yer solo trip, Elise. Soemtimes it's good to be alone, isn't it?

Love from a fellow blister sufferer.

Ouch!! Your poor feet :(

Glad you had such a good trip - I love travelling solo!

Astrid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!