Going in August?

We were there August 19, 2014 for one week and we had temperatures about 114 every day and our daughter was 7 months pregnant - I don't know how she did it. Main Street - Magic Kingdom - Aug 19, 2014 - b.jpeg

We (myself, son 17, twin girls 13) were at Saratoga Springs, Paddock area for 17 nights in August/Sept last summer (coming home Labor day), and doing the same next summer. Since my son was going into Grade 11, I couldn't take him out of school. Here's some observations:

1. Plan less: With the crowds much lower than normal, there's no need to plan every second of the day. For the 17 night trip, each of us chose one favorite ADR and one new ADR, so 8 reservations for 17 nights.
2. Use evening EMH: My teenagers would never be up early enough for morning EMH, but we took full advantage of the evening ones.
3. Even the pools are hot: while spending the afternoon at the pool is nice, its like walking into a hot bath in the afternoon
4. Cooling stops: The DVC lounge in Epcot, Carousel of progress at MK, plan on stopping at a cooling spot in the afternoon
5. Rain: It rains, every day. Don't be afraid of it, it's only water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter