Going from Deluxe to Pop

Thank you for your response. I guess I'm most concerned about the cleanliness of the room. I've read some mixed reviews...
Our room at Pop was reasonably clean. It very much had a motel feel to it, though. If I had to save money, I'd rather stay at a nice offsite hotel like Hilton Bonnet Creek than at Pop Century again.

Our room at Pop was reasonably clean. It very much had a motel feel to it, though. If I had to save money, I'd rather stay at a nice offsite hotel like Hilton Bonnet Creek than at Pop Century again.

Thank you for your reply. I was looking into B Resort offsite. Can't decide if it's worth being offsite.

Thank you for your reply. I was looking into B Resort offsite. Can't decide if it's worth being offsite.

Make a list of all the things that make a WDW vacation great for your family. Then see how many things on the list you would not have if you stay off property. Some families need Magical Express and want the dining plan, or the ability to buy a package and pay it off over time. Some families prefer to have a rental car and spend less paying for food OOP, so those onsite perks aren't as important. I will agree that you can often find more upscale accommodations for the price by staying off property. But only you can decide if it's the right move for your vacation.

As to the original post, I have stayed at all levels of Disney resorts and had great vacations in all of them. Just keep your expectations realistic based on what you have booked. I have stayed at Pop and my room was kept very clean and was not run down or in need of repair. I requested a room on the top floor to minimize noise, and my room was quiet. I have two additional trips booked at Pop this year, also for budgetary reasons (just bought a car and want to rebuild my savings a bit). One of those is in September, and there's always the possibility that there will be some good rates released during that time for other resorts. But I really don't think I will be tempted to switch.

We have also stayed a lot of places, including BWV and BC and Pop! I have to say, we don't mind Pop at all. The food court is so great to have and we like that it is a Disney explosion theme! The only negative I think is the pretty plain pools. My kids enjoy the water slides at the other resorts.

Make a list of all the things that make a WDW vacation great for your family. Then see how many things on the list you would not have if you stay off property. Some families need Magical Express and want the dining plan, or the ability to buy a package and pay it off over time. Some families prefer to have a rental car and spend less paying for food OOP, so those onsite perks aren't as important. I will agree that you can often find more upscale accommodations for the price by staying off property. But only you can decide if it's the right move for your vacation.

As to the original post, I have stayed at all levels of Disney resorts and had great vacations in all of them. Just keep your expectations realistic based on what you have booked. I have stayed at Pop and my room was kept very clean and was not run down or in need of repair. I requested a room on the top floor to minimize noise, and my room was quiet. I have two additional trips booked at Pop this year, also for budgetary reasons (just bought a car and want to rebuild my savings a bit). One of those is in September, and there's always the possibility that there will be some good rates released during that time for other resorts. But I really don't think I will be tempted to switch.

Thank you for your reply. We love the magical express and being within the bubble.

We have also stayed a lot of places, including BWV and BC and Pop! I have to say, we don't mind Pop at all. The food court is so great to have and we like that it is a Disney explosion theme! The only negative I think is the pretty plain pools. My kids enjoy the water slides at the other resorts.

Good to hear! Thank you for your reply!

I've never stayed at a Deluxe, or Moderate. I have stayed at 2 value resorts though. We traveled to pop for 3 days with 3 kids and 2 adults (youngest is under 2, so she didn't count towards occupancy.)

We found the room to be small, yes, but still plenty of room. My wife and I shared one bed, our kids shared the other. The youngest had a play pen set up in the area near the bathroom. If I had to choose between a value resort trip to disney or none at all, I wouldn't think twice about it. I'd take the value resort.

I've never stayed at a Deluxe, or Moderate. I have stayed at 2 value resorts though. We traveled to pop for 3 days with 3 kids and 2 adults (youngest is under 2, so she didn't count towards occupancy.)

We found the room to be small, yes, but still plenty of room. My wife and I shared one bed, our kids shared the other. The youngest had a play pen set up in the area near the bathroom. If I had to choose between a value resort trip to disney or none at all, I wouldn't think twice about it. I'd take the value resort.

Thank you for your reply!

I have stayed at Pop 2 or 3 times. Never stayed in a deluxe. We don't spend enough time at the resort to justify the expense of those. We are typically rope drop to park close kind of people. I really like Pop. Never had any problems with cleanliness there. We also have no issues with the bus service there. Unlike the All-Stars which share busses, Pop has its own dedicated route and maybe we have been lucky, but rarely have to wait more than a few minutes for a bus. We drive to Orlando, so have a car, but still choose to use the bus system and like it.

I have stayed at Pop 2 or 3 times. Never stayed in a deluxe. We don't spend enough time at the resort to justify the expense of those. We are typically rope drop to park close kind of people. I really like Pop. Never had any problems with cleanliness there. We also have no issues with the bus service there. Unlike the All-Stars which share busses, Pop has its own dedicated route and maybe we have been lucky, but rarely have to wait more than a few minutes for a bus. We drive to Orlando, so have a car, but still choose to use the bus system and like it.

Thank you for your reply! I've heard th dedicated bus system is good!

We have stayed in all levels on site, but the most recent stays-and the next one- will be at POP. We like it. Rooms and beds are smaller- doesn't really bother us. Bus service is better than some Mods and Deluxes.
Food court is really good, but I will say there have been a few evenings when the food court is insanely crowded. This usually happens during a bad storm, when everyone leaves the parks. I don't know why it gets so much more crowded than than the Mod and Deluxe quick service places.
Only other issue for me- no coffee maker. I bring my Keurig, and it has never been a problem.

I've stayed at all levels and Pop many times. If money were no object, then yes deluxe would be my preference for balconies, views, and restaurants/lounges.

However, Pop is fun, the food court is good, the pools are nice, and the rooms (though the beds are small) have always been very clean. Housekeeping has never been an issue. The buses, as others have mentioned, are also frequently quicker than buses at deluxe since there's no sharing.

Nothing to worry about! I really enjoy all my stays at Pop!

I've stayed at all levels and Pop many times. If money were no object, then yes deluxe would be my preference for balconies, views, and restaurants/lounges.

However, Pop is fun, the food court is good, the pools are nice, and the rooms (though the beds are small) have always been very clean. Housekeeping has never been an issue. The buses, as others have mentioned, are also frequently quicker than buses at deluxe since there's no sharing.

Nothing to worry about! I really enjoy all my stays at Pop!

Thank you for the reply!

We have stayed in all levels on site, but the most recent stays-and the next one- will be at POP. We like it. Rooms and beds are smaller- doesn't really bother us. Bus service is better than some Mods and Deluxes.
Food court is really good, but I will say there have been a few evenings when the food court is insanely crowded. This usually happens during a bad storm, when everyone leaves the parks. I don't know why it gets so much more crowded than than the Mod and Deluxe quick service places.
Only other issue for me- no coffee maker. I bring my Keurig, and it has never been a problem.

Thank you for your reply!

So, this will be our fourth trip to Disney....have stayed at AKL, BWI and CR garden wing. Our last trip was October 2015....looking into booking a last minute trip for May. Due to some home improvement projects, we are looking at Pop. We are rope drop to close people. We are a family of 4....kids are 13 and 8. I keep telling myself it is just a room and it's still a trip to Disney!! Don't really want to stay offsite as we enjoy bring in the bubble! Also keeping my fingers crossed that we could maybe possibly score a renovated room. Thoughts?

What it really comes down to is if your family will be comfortable in a tiny room with tiny beds. I stayed at Pop with my son when he was 7 and it was great for our 1 night stay -- but I would not stay there with four people in a room when there are so many offsite options that would give you more space for the same or less money.

The Disney bubble is great, but there are many options out there. You may find you like staying in a 1,200 square foot villa for the same price as Pop. Considering you have already made several Disney trips, this may be a good time to spread your wings and try something new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter