go to fort wilderness to see animals?

Jessalyn

Earning My Ears
Can you go to Fort Wilderness just to see animals? I want to see animals somewhere and I am already going to AK and AKL. Is it worth the trip to walk around?

Although not quite as frequent as Animal Kingdom Lodge, there is a large amount of wildlife and tamelife at Ft. Wilderness.

There is a petting zoo, a horse stable where they keep the horses that work in the Magic Kingdom. You can also schedule trail rides on the horses.

Many Peacocks, Rabbits, Squirrels, Armadillos, and lots of birds wander Ft. Wilderness frequently.

Also, every time I have walked the trail between Ft. Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge I have seen a deer or two just standing there.

Also, Ft. Wilderness is home to Trails End Buffet. The best value buffet on Disney property.

Carol

do you like nature?

if yes - then FW is worth it - at least to me

If no - don't waste your time.

Seeing the draft horses was one of the highlights of our last trip for DH :rolleyes: Not that I didn't enjoy watching them too, but after the 3rd trip over to FW and 20 min. later.... lol! I liked watching the ponies that pull Cinderella's carriage for weddings. We couldn't rationalize the $2500 for that for our wedding, but it was fun to watch them for free;) So, yes, we thought it was worth it to walk around FW. HTH:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter