"Go Find a Table and I'll wait in line"

Do you sit at Quick Service Tables without having your food?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is really...eye opening to me. I didn't realize that people looked down on this. To us it's just an efficient use of time to send someone to look for a table if it's busy. We're clumsy and the last thing we should be doing is standing in people's ways with trays of food and un-lidded drinks looking for a table. It's much better to have somewhere to walk to and immediately set the trays down. We strictly mobile ordered this trip so the time difference between finding an open table and having our food ready was about 30 seconds to a minute.

So people who have finished their meal(s) and are just hanging at the table. What is a reasonable amount of time for them to vacate the table?

We are talking about holding a table while folks order.....thats not a problem...not even a first world problem. Its just a common sense thing to do. 99 out of 100 folks do it..the other 1 just doesn't know better..

It is not common sense. Common sense involves consideration of how one's actions affect others.

Hoarding tables negatively affects (per the current poll results 57.2% 33.7% 9.2%) approximately 1/3 of diners.

This thread currently has almost 8,000 views at the moment.

No individual who is not involved in (Disney) restaurant management has the authority to determine this is not a problem. Those of us directly affected agree it is a problem.

So people who have finished their meal(s) and are just hanging at the table. What is a reasonable amount of time for them to vacate the table?

I think it depends on how busy the restaurant is. I know I would never be comfortable hanging out for an extended period of time if I saw people with trays of food looking for a place to sit.

[QUOTE="kaytieeldr, post: 60396251, member: 89931"

No individual who is not involved in (Disney) restaurant management has the authority to determine this is not a problem. Those of us directly affected agree it is a problem.[/QUOTE]

I would say the very fact that Disney only allows people with food to sit at a table when the parks are busy shows there is a problem. And that the people who sit before they have food are the ones causing the problem.

I promise you most people don’t feel that way. It’s a load of crap and people are ignorant if they choose to act and feel that way!

Thank you! I know most people don't. Sadly, it only takes the wrong person being extremely vocal about it to make you sensitive about comments about solos or adult only groups when it comes to character meals or meets.

We strictly mobile ordered this trip so the time difference between finding an open table and having our food ready was about 30 seconds to a minute.
Yeah, mobile ordering is different. It really is maybe an extra 30-60 seconds. You're not holding a table for 10, 15, 20, 30, 45 minutes prior to the food reaching your table.

Sure you can. If people are not lined up in the exit line. And you are also missing that you would have to be dogging people with trays full of food it the tables are all occupied prior to people getting their food. In essence trading empty handed people ordering food congestion for people with trays of food congestion. Not a good swap.

The exit line? The exit line is right back through the cash in many instances. And even when it isn’t, there is no need for a party of 8 to all be standing by the counter waiting for 2 trays of food. I find that I pick up my tray of food, turn around, and at times there is a wave of people behind me just standing there. Then you have to excuse me, pardon, me yourself out of there. This is a beef I have and I go at off times when there is lots of table availability. So yeah, go sit down people! And I do appreciate the families who move their children out of the way in this area whenever possible.

Not sure what your post is about.. Not being visually aware?....Just put a member of the family at a table...or everyone but the food orderer and order. Then take food to saved table. We put the kids at a table for 4. Then the wife and i order. We know what they want..they are our kids..thats easy. And, if the kids too young..then one parent order..the other stays with kids. This is like how 95% of families do it. No fuss at all.
I mean its kinda silly...NOT to have a member of the family hold a table..kinda common sense.

And what should solos do? Not eat? Or only eat at TS restaurants?

And, if the kids too young..then one parent order..the other stays with kids. This is like how 95% of families do it. No fuss at all.
I mean its kinda silly...NOT to have a member of the family hold a table..kinda common sense.
It's not necessary to hoard a table while waiting. Wait in an open area. Wait against a wall. Even wait outside.
No, it's not how 95% of parties (not every party is a family) do it. Sixty percent, apparently, based on the current poll results. But clearly not close to 95%.

We would never sit at a table while someone from our party is getting our food. I think it's one of the most selfish and disrespectful things that goes on at Disney. The one time me and my then 6 yo daughter were walking around with a tray of food at Casey's, I voiced my opinion to a CM. I simply stated how it's not right to let all these people take up tables while we have to stand with our tray of food. I then said how about giving me a refund and take the food back or clear us a table. He went and got a supervisor who then instructed everyone without food to please get up which they did. The supervisor came back to us and asked if we needed anything. I asked why they don't police the seating areas and he said that they do, just not all the time. I hate the fact that there are so many "entitled" people at WDW that think their vacation is more important than everyone else's.

This attitude comes across that you are a tad more entitled than someone saving a seat for someone ordering the food. Maybe I read it wrong and if I did I apologize.

Last edited:
General question:
If you were at a relatively crowded McDonalds, Wendy's or the food court at the mall near home would saving a table still be a problem?
Yes. A brand new restaurant opened here a couple weeks ago (Chicago chain Portillo's for those who are wondering). We went in the first week and it was PACKED SOLID. I would say that 40% of the people who were seated were saving a table. We waited for our food and managed to snag a table in the back after seeing no empty tables elsewhere. It took us over 30 minutes to order and get our food so the table hoarders were sitting and saving for at least 30 minutes while people with food were circling.

I think this criticism was harsh. I don't think this person had an unreasonable expectation of getting to sit while they eat the food they just purchased. I also think they handled it properly by asking Disney staff to address the problem.

We save seats because if we are paying for food we expect a place to sit. If there is none we will not eat there. Only way to guarantee a seat during busy time is have a family member save one. With that said we rarely eat during the “lunch” hours. We try to be eat when after the lunch rush is over. Also, we rarely eat quick service. We usually go in the summer months so we like to go to a sit down in the air condition with a guaranteed seat we reserved.

Before reading this thread I didn’t know this bothered people. I have always assumed everyone does it so they know they will get a seat. I guess I was wrong.

We are talking about holding a table while folks order.....thats not a problem...not even a first world problem. Its just a common sense thing to do. 99 out of 100 folks do it..the other 1 just doesn't know better..
Well, the poll says that 57 people out of 100 table save and not 99 out of 100. But if it makes you feel better that 99 out of 100 people save tables, knock yourself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter