• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gluten free waffles for breakfast at POR and Pop Quick Service

Jack15129

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We’re going in less than two weeks :yay: and this popped into my mind with the other details running around in my head.

Do these food courts serve gluten free Mickey waffles?

:thanks:

Every resort QS can make gluten-free waffles and lots of other foods as well. They might not be Mickey waffles as some places have character waffles like AOA’s Nemo waffles and Pop’s POP! waffles.

I have almost always gotten fresh made waffles in all of my trips, which is about 8 trips, at every place both sit down and quick service. They may not be Mickey waffles, but they were not toaster waffles. I think one time at Hollywood and Vine I had a Van's waffle.

I have almost always gotten fresh made waffles in all of my trips, which is about 8 trips, at every place both sit down and quick service. They may not be Mickey waffles, but they were not toaster waffles. I think one time at Hollywood and Vine I had a Van's waffle.
I've actually never gotten toaster waffles. I figure why bother when I can get those at home.

But I have seen the allergy binder. And the picture actually has "Van's" on it.

I have been able to get allergy safe waffles at both food courts. But that was 2014 and 2015. But I THINK, if the only issues is Gluten free, every food court (or almost everyone) will have them using Bobs Red Mill mix. I cannot have Bobs Red Mill because of nut cross contamination so I can only get them at places with Namaste Mix as well. That being said, I have been successful at:
POP, Sports, POR, POFQ, WL, GF, Contemporary, Poly

Only places I could not get them was CBR and Saratoga Springs. Saratoga Springs did not have GF waffles at all when I was there (they did not have a separate waffle maker). And CBR could not guarantee no cross contamination because they used the same waffle maker for both Bobs Red Mill and Namaste mixes. But they did make me a dozen pancakes every morning.

As for TS, I was able to get them at WCC, Chef Mickeys, Grand Floridian Café, 1900 Park Fare. The only one I remember as having Vans is Crystal Palace and I just remember that because I could not have waffles there at all since Vans waffles have soy. But they made up for that when we went for dinner and the chef made me allergy safe brownies using Namaste mix....huge, chocolatey, gooey, and absolutely delicious!

We stayed at CSR, and Music before 2012 when I was diagnosed with most of my allergies so I don't know what they have there

I've found gluten free, dairy free, soy free waffles at 90% of Disney world quick service breakfast locations :thumbsup2:cool1: and they are yummy. Pop even made me gluten free allergy friendly French toast last time too which was so good.

Art of animation allergy waffles are some off my favorites because of the characters. And you can walk there from pop, though pop waffles are cute too.

Thanks for the info everyone! I’m glad to read that we should not have a problem being gluten free with waffles at quick service breakfast.

There’s two in our crew of four this time that order gluten free.

11 days ‘til WDW! :goofy:

I've found gluten free, dairy free, soy free waffles at 90% of Disney world quick service breakfast locations :thumbsup2:cool1: and they are yummy. Pop even made me gluten free allergy friendly French toast last time too which was so good.

Art of animation allergy waffles are some off my favorites because of the characters. And you can walk there from pop, though pop waffles are cute too.

OMG....allergy friendly French toast???? That would be amazing. So long since ive had French toast!

Thanks for the info everyone! I’m glad to read that we should not have a problem being gluten free with waffles at quick service breakfast.

There’s two in our crew of four this time that order gluten free.

11 days ‘til WDW! :goofy:

If you are staying at POR, those who are GF have to try the make your own pasta. They have tinkayada rice pasta with an insane amount of toppings to choose from. I have 30+ allergies, and I was still able to get 5 ingredients mixed in my pasta. And the portions are huge. I left half in our fridge and had it as a late night snack....lol. Actually, I had leftovers at most meals....the allergy portions were always huge.

And at Chef Mickeys, we went for brunch, and the chef came out with togo container of mickey waffles. I ate 2 during brunch and, without me knowning, he came back with a box of 6 because according to him, 2 mickey waffles is just not enough....lol. He also gave me 2 boxes of enjoy life cookies to take with me. The year before, another chef did the same thing. Chef Mickeys is one of our go to meals because they have always been so amazing with my allergies.

My advice at QS at the resorts though is to go during off times. I would actually go to the food court for breakfast as soon as it opened because otherwise it was always a long wait at POR foodcourt. same with lunch and dinner. Since I have such an extensive list of allergies, everything was made fresh at the QS in the resorts so it took a while

If you are at POR, head over to POFQ and check out their gluten free beignets.

With dipping sauces :lovestruc

Honestly Disney is like my allergy friendly food heaven lol. Primtime cafe fried chicken, cookes of Dublin fish and chips, sanaa bread service - all gluten free and friendly to my dietary issues. Beaches and cream even makes sundaes for me with rice dream ice cream and gluten free brownies. Oh! And kona cafe can do their pineapple macadamia nut pancakes gluten free, dairy free too!

Apparently nomad lounge has gluten free churros. I plan to wander over and see if they are ok for me to eat on my next trip. :jumping1:

Ok, I'm just making myself hungry now.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter