GKTW Meet - Hershey, PA **GRAND TOTAL IS IN**

The main event will be at 1:00 pm on Saturday. We may have evening socials, but the meet at 1 is the only set event at this time.

The group tickets are regular tickets and can be used any day (not just Saturday). All tickets also include a preview option for the night before. So even if you are not going to HP this weekend and still want tickets for the 2014 season, you can buy them with the group and use them when you want.

Hi there! I'm new. I'm really excited about a Dis meet happening so close to home. I've been listening to the podcast for several months and I love it!

What expenses should I plan for to attend this event? Is there an admission fee for the actual event or is the money for GKTW raised through the silent auction and chinese auction? I'm planning to attend regardless, but I want to make sure I understand the details so I can plan accordingly. Are this thread and the facebook pages that I just "liked" the best places to find updates or is there a place that give info for Dis meet first-timers? DH and I may be interested in purchasing the Hershey Park tickets with the group. If we are, how do we accomplish ordering tickets?

Thanks for your help!

This and the FB page are the best places for updates.

As far as cost goes, we are looking at an admission fee (to cover the cost of lunch and raise money) as well as the silent/Chinese auction.

If you are interested in group tickets, PM/email me how many and type (adult/youth/senior) and I'll add your name to the list.

Hi there! I'm new. I'm really excited about a Dis meet happening so close to home. I've been listening to the podcast for several months and I love it!

What expenses should I plan for to attend this event? Is there an admission fee for the actual event or is the money for GKTW raised through the silent auction and chinese auction? I'm planning to attend regardless, but I want to make sure I understand the details so I can plan accordingly. Are this thread and the facebook pages that I just "liked" the best places to find updates or is there a place that give info for Dis meet first-timers? DH and I may be interested in purchasing the Hershey Park tickets with the group. If we are, how do we accomplish ordering tickets?

Thanks for your help!

The other expense may be if you decide to stay overnight. We are almost set to put the hotel information out there, but we have to get everything signed, sealed and delivered first before we put the links out there. We have one hotel secure, we are waiting for another one.

As Wimpy mentioned, both here and Facebook will be the best places to get updates. I am hoping to have the event page set up for registration after our next meeting the end of March.

Hello All I am Hensley and I am one of the volunteers for this GKTW Meet in Harrisburg/ Hershey.

I have secured a room block for who ever is interested in staying at the Hershey Lodge. The rate is going to be 149+ tax. You will be asked to make a one night deposit to hold the room, this is fully refundable up to 72 hours (3 days) before the first night stay.

To make a reservation call reservations at 1-800-HERSHEY // 1-800-437-7439and refer to the GKTW BENEFIT EVENT OR RES ID 1869399. This block is currently open and will remain so until May 15, 2014.

When staying at the Lodge you will be elidgable to get discount tickets to Hershey Park when you arrive or can have them added to your reservations at the time of booking.
When you check into the Lodge you will be given comp. tickets to the Hershey Story Museum and Hershey Gardens.
There is also a shuttle that runs throughout the day to various attractions in town.

Again this is only one of the blocks they are looking at another block at a different hotel as well.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to Email me at either JLHensley@hersheypa.com (work) or Jesscahens@yahoo.com (personal).

Hope this helps some of you out with your planning. I look forward to meeting up with whom ever is attending in June!

That's a great price for Hershey Lodge, thanks for getting that set up. Do you know if it requires the two night minimum that is posted on their website for that weekend?

That's a great price for Hershey Lodge, thanks for getting that set up. Do you know if it requires the two night minimum that is posted on their website for that weekend?

THe rate is good for eaither or both of those days. The minimum should not apply as it is no listed in my contract.

I just added a wonderful donation item for silent auction onto the list...The wonderful NE DIS MEET donated a two night stay along with admission to all weekend activites for their meet in October!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH TO TARA AND HER COMMITTEE FOR THE DONATION!!!!!!!!!

I just saw in the local paper that June 14th is the Big 33 High School Football game at Hersheypark Stadium. This is a game between the best players from PA and MD.

Hi, there! I just wanted to touch base. I am in Kennett Square. I was a volunteer for the DE meet in October and I am volunteering for the NJ meet next month. I just wanted to offer up my services to you too! It doesn't look like you are too concrete yet on your event's, but I put Saturday and Sunday down as non work days, so I can help. I work until 6:30 & Hershey is rather far, so Friday is probably out. I have 3 large dogs, so I am not likely to spend the night either, so I may just do the main event day... but I'm open to more than that. Let me know where I can help! I can make phone calls and stuff too! :)

I don't have enough posts to PM (or I would have done that...sorry), but my e-mail is disneyesk@msn.com

Kris Clark

I'm in!!!! So great to see other's from Mechanicsburg are Disney folks too. Not sure about helping - though my neighbor must be on the planning committee as she e-mailed me to make sure I knew about this - yet but plan to make the weekend events.

I already have my season pass to Hersheypark so no tickets needed.

:cheer2:

Reposting this as a reminder to anyone who wants HP tickets.
==========================
Just a reminder that we will need to have anyone interested in HP group tickets by 4/10.

Regular (ages 9-54) - $32.00
Junior/Senior (ages 3-8 & 55-69) - $27.75
Senior Plus (ages 70+) - $21.50

We should have registration opening up by the end of the weekend (barring any issues with paypal and eventzilla). I am hoping to finish up the set up this week sometime.

Reposting this as a reminder to anyone who wants HP tickets.
==========================
Just a reminder that we will need to have anyone interested in HP group tickets by 4/10.

Regular (ages 9-54) - $32.00
Junior/Senior (ages 3-8 & 55-69) - $27.75
Senior Plus (ages 70+) - $21.50

Do you know what day will be "the big day" for meet-up people going to HP? Will it be heavy for Friday night or Sunday or how is that working?

Mostly wondering as with my wife pregnant at the time not sure if we would get much use out of HP and are thinking of spending one night at the Hershey Lodge and wondering if there would be more things to do for us with the group if we stayed over Friday night and then go to the meet-up main event or go to the meet up and stay over Saturday night.

Thanks!

Do you know what day will be "the big day" for meet-up people going to HP? Will it be heavy for Friday night or Sunday or how is that working?

Mostly wondering as with my wife pregnant at the time not sure if we would get much use out of HP and are thinking of spending one night at the Hershey Lodge and wondering if there would be more things to do for us with the group if we stayed over Friday night and then go to the meet-up main event or go to the meet up and stay over Saturday night.

Thanks!

We are thinking about doing a meet up friday evening either at Troegg's Brewery or at the Bear's Den at the Lodge. We hope to announce that really soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter