GKTW Meet - Hershey, PA **GRAND TOTAL IS IN**

GKTW Cookbook -
To the members of the DIS Unplugged Podcast Team. I am a member of the planning group for the Harrisburg GKTW DISmeet. I am also a co-moderator on the Creative DISigns forum (ChaosCent). We would like to make a cookbook to sell at the meet. We would like to include recipes from each of the DIS team if possible? We will have sections for Cooking Tips, Appetizers, Salads & Snacks, Soups, Casseroles, Meat & Seafood Main Course, Vegetarian, Side Dishes, Desserts, drinks, kid friendly recipes. We are shooting for about 5 - 8 recipes in each section with no more than 100 recipes. The books will be 8 ½ by 5 ½ and open up width wise, rather than length. Imagine an 8½ x 11 sheet of paper folded in half. Put two recipes on one sheet of paper, print them back to back so there are four recipes on each 8½ x 11 sheet of paper. You cut the pages in half so you have 2 pages 8½ x 5½. You bind the sheets together using a binding machine (which I am hoping someone has so I can borrow it). We will sell the books at the event. We will also mail them to anyone who would like one. The committee will decide on a price. I know people do this for fundraisers & I think the going rate is $10, but I will leave it up to the planning group. It would make the book a lot more valuable if there were recipes from the DIS Unplugged group. So, here’s the challenge. If I can get your favorite recipe and your favorite cooking tip I will put them all together. I do have the tips that I used when I made one as a gift, but I don’t want to take the chance that they might be copyrighted so I prefer we collect our own. Also, once I get a cover graphic worked out I will send to Cory for approval. Unless of course he has a cover graphic just sitting around in his head just waiting for this cookbook to appear. Please share with the Podcast crew who might not see this request. Thanks all. Penny (chaoscent on the DISboards)

Registration is now open for the Saturday event. Other events will open later in the month.

Registration is now open for the Saturday event. Other events will open later in the month.

Quick question - is the registration for the Saturday even the same no matter the ages? I.e., kids pay the same as adults?

Thanks!

We will be closing the group tickets for Hershey Park on April 10th. If you are interested in buying Hershey Park tickets, please let us know!

Thank you .. our family of 4 is officially registered. Set to stay at the Hershey Lodge as well.

Thanks for organizing!

GREAT!!! Thanks for participating. We are all looking forward to this event. Let's hope we can raise lots of money for a great cause!!!

GKTW Cookbook -
To the members of the DIS Unplugged Podcast Team. I am a member of the planning group for the Harrisburg GKTW DISmeet. I am also a co-moderator on the Creative DISigns forum (ChaosCent). We would like to make a cookbook to sell at the meet. We would like to include recipes from each of the DIS team if possible? We will have sections for Cooking Tips, Appetizers, Salads & Snacks, Soups, Casseroles, Meat & Seafood Main Course, Vegetarian, Side Dishes, Desserts, drinks, kid friendly recipes. We are shooting for about 5 - 8 recipes in each section with no more than 100 recipes. The books will be 8 ½ by 5 ½ and open up width wise, rather than length. Imagine an 8½ x 11 sheet of paper folded in half. Put two recipes on one sheet of paper, print them back to back so there are four recipes on each 8½ x 11 sheet of paper. You cut the pages in half so you have 2 pages 8½ x 5½. You bind the sheets together using a binding machine (which I am hoping someone has so I can borrow it). We will sell the books at the event. We will also mail them to anyone who would like one. The committee will decide on a price. I know people do this for fundraisers & I think the going rate is $10, but I will leave it up to the planning group. It would make the book a lot more valuable if there were recipes from the DIS Unplugged group. So, here’s the challenge. If I can get your favorite recipe and your favorite cooking tip I will put them all together. I do have the tips that I used when I made one as a gift, but I don’t want to take the chance that they might be copyrighted so I prefer we collect our own. Also, once I get a cover graphic worked out I will send to Cory for approval. Unless of course he has a cover graphic just sitting around in his head just waiting for this cookbook to appear. Please share with the Podcast crew who might not see this request. Thanks all. Penny (chaoscent on the DISboards)

I would love to purchase this cookbook if it happens, as I can not attend this event. Add me to the list, please.

Thanks!
Lisa

Lisa - once we finish the book, we will work something out with the DIS to list it for sale. I will check with one of the DIS Unplugged administrators at the event. thanks so much, Penny
:wave2:

I can also add it to the Eventzilla page that we can have it for sale. This way we know how many to order and how many we will need to have printed up to send out.

Wonderful idea. Nice shout out from Kathy today. I already have a recipe from John & Kevin and more promised. :)

Has anyone from the Dis Unplugged Podcast committed to being there? If they are will they be doing a live podcast from the meet?

Has anyone from the Dis Unplugged Podcast committed to being there? If they are will they be doing a live podcast from the meet?

We are checking on both of those questions, but we don't have an answer at this time.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Reminder, I need recipes for the Cook Book, Thanks, Penny

Reminder, I need recipes for the Cook Book, Thanks, Penny

Quick question on that - are you looking for recipes from any of us or was it just from Podcast members? Wasn't sure from your note

And if open to anyone, what sections are you still missing recipes for? Off the top of my head I have some good breakfast and appetizer recipes but I am sure we have other types as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter