• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GKTW Meet: Delaware DIS Meet, Nov. 1-3, 2013 - OCT. 18 last day for Registration!!!

Thanks! That's just what I needed to know. We'll definitely be bringing things for the swap meet. In addition to non-Disney items, I know I have a bunch of Disney stuff that came in the grab bags sold at DTD. Untagged is the way to go for me. Haven't a clue what people are willing to pay.

Kathy

Kathy, all,

The idea of the swap meet was for people to bring ANYTHING, Disney or not, that they just didn't want anymore, with the proceeds going to GKTW.

You can either tag everything with a selling price, or "best offer", and then when buyers come upstairs, they can pick it up, purchase it at the tagged price, or make a reasonable offer on an untagged item, and all of the cash / credit card purchases go to GKTW.

So, yes, it is an alternative to Goodwill, but with the added twist that for the Disney stuff, you might have a better audience.

All untagged items left over at the end will be donated to Salvation Army.
If the original owner wants their tagged items back, they can retrieve them, otherwise those too will go to Salvation Army.

If you have items of value that you would rather get a tax write-off, you would be better off holding it for the next local DIS meet. We have already filled our three auction types.

James

Is there anyone *thinking* of going that would possibly like to split the hotel room? Female only? I don't snore LOL. I'd like to go, but after not working all summer and 2 long vacations to WDW, I am trying to not go crazy with $$$. You can PM me if you think you'd be interested. I'm coming from NJ, but am nothing like the people from the Jersey Shore. LOL

I talked my DB and DSIL into joining the weekend! I expect that's two more for Iron Hill as well, but haven't received confirmation yet. :banana:

Only 3 weeks to go!!

I have a few questions...

1) How many people are going to Iron Hill Saturday night? Do we have transportation James? I know there was a post that you would be able to arrange something. Just curious about whether that is happening or not.

2) Is anyone at all going to Rocky Horror? That was mentioned once- again, just curious.

3) Do we have to bring paper tickets with us? Or will you have a master list at check-in for each event?

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure I will think of something else in the next 21 days! :goodvibes

Only 3 weeks to go!!

1) How many people are going to Iron Hill Saturday night? Do we have transportation James? I know there was a post that you would be able to arrange something. Just curious about whether that is happening or not.

2) Is anyone at all going to Rocky Horror? That was mentioned once- again, just curious.

3) Do we have to bring paper tickets with us? Or will you have a master list at check-in for each event?

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure I will think of something else in the next 21 days! :goodvibes

Hi Linda,

I have 20 people on the list right now, with 2 more maybes, and without any of the podcast crew aside from Shaun. When we're closer in, I will call Iron Hill and let them know.

As far as transportation, I believe the plan is to arrange taxis to and from Embassy Suites. James should have more info on that, but I think the taxi company said they could take 5 in a cab at 2 bucks a person each way.

I don't know about Rocky Horror. I love it, but might not be up for it after the long day. Personally, I'm going to decide that one on the fly.

Just 5 MORE DAYS to register for this amazing weekend's events! Don't miss out! :banana:

List of registered attendees updated in first post! :thumbsup2

Only 3 weeks to go!!

Hi Linda,
I would love to go to Rocky Horror but will have to see how I feel that night.
You do not have to bring your paper ticket. I will have a master list for check-in. If you check-in on Friday you do not have to check-in again. Once registration closes on Oct 16 I will be sending out an email with more information. Can't wait to see everyone.

5 days left to register!
Here is the link to register http://dedismeet.eventzilla.net

We have 14 people for Friday's event, 41 people for Saturday's event and 15 people for Sunday's event.

I would really love to reach 50 people for Saturday's event.

Hi everyone. I just talked my husband into going and purchased tickets. See everyone at the Saturday event.

Oh and I signed up for the meet up at Iron Hill as well. Should be fun to join everyone.

See you all in a few weeks.

So excited you are coming Melissa! You are going to be sick of seeing me twice in a month :)

So excited you are coming Melissa! You are going to be sick of seeing me twice in a month :)

Not true. I will see you in October and November. So I will see you twice in two months.....:rotfl2:.

4 days left to register!
Here is the link to register http://dedismeet.eventzilla.net

We have 15 people for Friday's event, 51 people for Saturday's event and 21 people for Sunday's event.

Thank You guys! We have over 50 people register for Saturday's event :banana:

Can we break 60 ?

Would there be any interest in watching a newly released "parody" film for the last 90 minutes of the 3 hour event on Friday, or maybe somewhere else after the event.

I know some of you have already seen it, so I'm posting strictly for interest level before I work out the details.

Technically, we can not advertise the name of the movie if it was to be shown as part of the (paid) event.

James

Would there be any interest in watching a newly released "parody" film for the last 90 minutes of the 3 hour event on Friday, or maybe somewhere else after the event.

I know some of you have already seen it, so I'm posting strictly for interest level before I work out the details.

Technically, we can not advertise the name of the movie if it was to be shown as part of the (paid) event.

James

I replied on FB, too, but wanted to voice my opinion here as well. I have nothing against the movie and actually do want to see it, but would rather use the time Friday night to talk to my old and new DIS friends than watch a movie. Plus I don't know if there will be any kids there Friday night, but if so, I know it's definitely not for kids. Again, just my 2 cents! :thumbsup2

Only 3 weeks to go!!

Yes, I have contacted with ABE Taxi http://www.abetaxicab.com/ who have assured me that they can provide transportation for "15-20-30 people, no problem" with a day's notice, at $8 per town car trip which can hold 5 people, and a mini-van at $10 per trip. That is per VEHICLE, not person.

They also said that if I gave them some idea of when to pick us up again, they would be there promptly to get us back to the hotel.

Again, if we need transportation, ABE Taxi has said they can accommodate us. I think RHPS is going to be a MUCH smaller group, perhaps we can all pile into a couple of (private vehicles)? Of course, showing up to a place showing RHPS in a line of town cars might be a blast as well.

NOTE: I (James) will take care of the taxi payment to & from Iron Hill - Since I am going, and going to be having a fun time, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for everyone to have figure out the math and dig out the bucks. If you want to reimbursement me, you can. Or just buy me a drink? :drinking: (I could really need a taxi home by the end of the night)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter