gingerbread holiday room competition details up

aPiratesLife4Me

DIS Veteran
They've added the competition details over on the homepage:

Here's your chance to show the Kingdom just how much holiday spirit you've got!

Build your best Gingerbread House or Holiday Room using the Holiday and Gingerbread pieces. Use a winter theme or any theme (Holiday Jungle Cruise, anyone?), but you must use Gingerbread and Holiday pieces in your room.

This is an individual room competition. You must submit your registration following our guidelines below:

1. The room MUST BE NAMED in the following way:
"Gingerbread House (your player name)"

2. When you register ONLY PROVIDE your player name and the name of the room you are entering in the competition.

3. Gingerbread Houses/Rooms will be judged by the following categories:

-Best Theme
-Most Creative
-Best Overall (this includes both most creative and best theme)

There will be 10 First Prize winners and 1 Grand Prize winner from each category.

Registration opens today, Monday December 17th at 4:00 P.M. PST. Only the first 2000 players that register (and do so following the guidelines) will be accepted.

When registration opens, you will find the VMK Gingerbread Competition Registration option in the 'Contact Us' menu. 'Contact Us' is located at the bottom of any vmk.com webpage.

When you register please make sure that you enter a valid email address that can receive messages from us. Registration will close when we have received 2000 player entries, the registration option will be removed from the 'Contact Us' menu. We will reply to the players that qualified during open registration.

Again, only the first 2000 players that follow the registration guidelines and enter the contest when registration is open will be judged.

Your Gingerbread house/holiday room must be completed by midnight December 25th.

Judging will begin on Wednesday, December 26th and end Sunday, January 13th. Winners will be announced on Monday the 14th of January. A Room Judging Flag will be placed in your room once your room has been judged.

While it is not required, VMK encourages you to keep your room open during the event so other players can enjoy what you have created. Prizes for the event will be announced after registrations have been closed.

Begin planning your Gingerbread Holiday treat today!

ok questions:
Is it only one room?

better come up with a title very fast the covers it all.

oh I think this is great but still couldn't they increase the odds 33 prizes for 2000 rooms. I think at least 100 prizes would be more fair. I also look at the time your room should be open this just reminds me of the last time.

Not sure about this one. And what is the prize. Would be nice to know that before even trying.

I love building rooms so if I enter it will be one I already built this month. Not doing what I did last time no point. But will enter a room that I enjoyed building already :)

Has anyone been able to register? I have yet to see the Gingerbread option on the Contact Us page?

When I click on Contact us it asks for username and Question
But there is no drop down menu like there usually is to select what you are contacting them about

I have been trying to register and the VMK Gingerbread Competition Registration option is not there :confused3 Okay, flashback to the Mervyn's Sale commercial on TV, where the lady stands and says "Open, Open, Open!" :rotfl2:

Do we have to title are rooms "Gingerbread House (your name here) or can I call it something else and have my name in there :confused3

The way I read that is "Gingerbread House Pixie-Stick" (my VMK title)....

I have been trying to register and the VMK Gingerbread Competition Registration option is not there :confused3

Do we have to title are rooms "Gingerbread House (your name here) or can I call it something else and have my name in there :confused3

I also have not been able to register yet.
From my understanding the room title must be:
"Gingerbread House (your name here)"

I also have not been able to register yet.
From my understanding the room title must be:
"Gingerbread House (your name here)"

yes that is usually how they title the rooms, if you have a special theme or title you have to put it in the room info space not in the title

Does anyone happen to have a URL to directly go to the contact us page? For some reason the VMK homepage is blocked at work, but not the contact us page :confused3 I just can't remember the exact URL

Gingerbread House KrazyLuke
and
Gingerbread House MinMouseGirly (my sister)

are registered!

Does anyone happen to have a URL to directly go to the contact us page? For some reason the VMK homepage is blocked at work, but not the contact us page :confused3 I just can't remember the exact URL

Yes please, does anyone have that? I'm having the same problem, except im not at work...it just isn't working right now :) thanks!
~Water

Hmm...I don't want to use the Gingerbread theme. I just want a holiday theme. :(

I still put Gingerbread House cteddiesgirl.

Bad, Bad Tigger !!! Boy I need to learn how to get a website address :lmao:

I can't get on VMK Right now so I don't have a room named Gingerbread House Watertribeboy yet, so do you think it won't let me register?

I can't get on VMK Right now so I don't have a room named Gingerbread House Watertribeboy yet, so do you think it won't let me register?

Excellent question...a friend of mine is wondering the same thing bc she can't get on vmk right now either but doesn't want to miss out on the registration.

How do you know you are officially registered? Did you get a confirmation e-mail right away?

A confirmation was sent right away, yes..

Competition Confirmation said:
Hello and thank you for registering for the..

VMK Build Your Own Gingerbread House Room Competition.

As a reminder here are the rules:

• This will be an <strong>individual</strong> room competition.
• The room <strong>MUST BE NAMED “Gingerbread House <your player name>”</strong>
• When you register please <strong>ONLY PROVIDE</strong> your player name and the name of the room you are entering.
• The 3 categories we will be judging on will be:<strong>
o Best theme
o Most creative
o Best overall ride experience</strong>
There will be 10 winners and 1 Grand Prize winner from each category.

Registration will be open Monday December 17th, at some point in the afternoon (pst) we will only be accepting the first 2000 players who register properly. You will find the registration option in the Contact Us tool located at the bottom of any vmk.com webpage.

REMEMBER: It is VERY important that the email address you used to register for this competition is an one that can receive messages from us. We cannot send emails to addresses at aol.com, .rr.com, hotmail.com, earthlink.com, etc. If you use an email at one of these addresses when you register, we will be unable to process your registration.

When the number of entries reaches 2000 players, we will remove the option to register from the Contact Us tool. A reply confirming registration will be sent to all successfully registered players.

Once again only players that register exactly as instructed to will be judged.

Once again ONLY players that register exactly as instructed to will be judged.

Judging will take place between Wednesday December 26th and Sunday January 13th. There is no set order the judging will take place in. So to be on the safe side make sure to have your room completed before December 26th. You never know when you might be judged.

While it is not necessary to keep your room open to be judged, we hope you will be able to keep it open during the event weekend so other Players can enjoy what you have created. The way you will know you have been judged is that a Room Judging Flag will be placed in your room. (color of flag still to be determined)

Prizes will be announced after registrations have been closed.

Thank you,

--

VMK Player Support
http://www.vmk.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!