• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Get Outside - It's October! - Exercise Challenge - EVERYONE WELCOME!

10/4 - 45 min elliptical
10/5 - 65 min elliptical 20 min weights

385/1600

climbed borestone mountain today and it was steep in spots but a simply gorgeous view from the top. It took well over 2 1/2 hours easy, but I know we stopped some so I'm going to round it to 2 hours

120 minutes today

228/1100

= 872 left

133 for me today! Ran a half marathon! I saw two people in WISH shirts but was too shy to say hello... any DISers running the NH half today???

133 for me today! Ran a half marathon! I saw two people in WISH shirts but was too shy to say hello... any DISers running the NH half today???

mrsdrake: congrats on your half!!!! don't be shy, you could have missed the opportunity to meet a new running buddy!

zim - i love the lake pic - what a beautiful place to run. i would be inspired!

my training plan had me running 6.5 miles yesterday - got in 5.8 before we had to leave, but i felt good and my minutes/mile time has improved a small bit, so i feel good about where i'm at.

updated thru zim's post (#67). i don't really like how hard it is to see the yellow font (i knew that was going to be the case) so i only put part of the line in yellow. if anyone has a preference for which part is yellowed, let me know.

Congrats! That's an awesome time!

39 minute run today for a 5K. Here's a race recap if anyone is interested in reading. Yelp! 5K or the best worst run I have ever had 424/1600

Congrats! I really enjoyed reading your race recap. Races are so addictive, so I love that you are already planning your next one :) Keep up the great work!

After a couple of day hiatus, today I got back on the wagon. I did 100 minutes and 8.45 miles on the treadmill.

260/1500

10/6. 45 minutes jogging/walking.

10/7 30 minutes Curves. 15 minutes walking

135/750

Debbie

From Desiree: 39 minute run today for a 5K. Here's a race recap if anyone is interested in reading. Yelp! 5K or the best worst run I have ever had

Desiree!!! I read your race report and I think your run was awesome! You should be so proud that you faced your fear and completed your race. I saw a quote from RunnersWorld magazine that I am trying to keep in mind for my first long race, where I'm terrified of finishing last.

"Last is just the final winner!"

You are a winner for getting out there, sticking with it, and working to improve yourself. CONGRATS :cheer2:

Awww.. You definitely should have said "Hi". It just so happens that some of the sweetest WISHers you'd ever have the pleasure of meeting were there. I'm not sure exactly who arrived when, but it could have been Lily, Anne, Jim, Pat, John, Karen, Wendy..... Hmmmm... I'm trying to think of who else did that one. A bunch of those guys did Maine yesterday, too, I think. :goodvibes

Anyway, congrats on your race!!! :thumbsup2

I am so fortunate that DH drove DS to campus this morning so that I was able to get in a longer workout than I might have otherwise.

Today's workout:
15 mins elliptical
45 mins personal training/strength (TRX and core)
20 mins elliptical
20 mins bike

100 minutes today brings me to 340/1200.

Add 20 mins for me of active recovery - 15 recumbent bike and 5 stretching. Shredded my quads in the race, I went for the downhills and probably overdid it a little. But they're feeling much better today.

Awww.. You definitely should have said "Hi". It just so happens that some of the sweetest WISHers you'd ever have the pleasure of meeting were there. I'm not sure exactly who arrived when, but it could have been Lily, Anne, Jim, Pat, John, Karen, Wendy..... Hmmmm... I'm trying to think of who else did that one. A bunch of those guys did Maine yesterday, too, I think. :goodvibes Anyway, congrats on your race!!! :thumbsup2 I am so fortunate that DH drove DS to campus this morning so that I was able to get in a longer workout than I might have otherwise. Today's workout: 15 mins elliptical 45 mins personal training/strength (TRX and core) 20 mins elliptical 20 mins bike 100 minutes today brings me to 340/1200.

Thanks keenercam. It was a PR by a lot, a beautiful day to run and a great course. Wonderful day. I did meet someone from St. Louis who was doing fifty states, NH was 49 and 50 was vermont - the next day! Crazy. The NH is a popular stopover for fifty staters to do nh and Maine. I did see two women and maybe two men in wish green.

Desiree - awesome race report! I wanted to say that I wish I had your attitude when I started running. I tried track in the eighth grade and decided I didn't like it because I wasn't fast. I ran the 800 once and came in such dead last that people cheered for me to cross the finish. In the 800 (only two laps!) I decided that I hated running because it was "stupid." Took me a while to realize what/who was really stupid! I wish I had not cared so much about what other people thought. It took until late college to try it again, and then took another six years or so to really stick. Running is now something that I love because it's healthy and fun, and I do it for me. I usually finish in the back of the pack but the goal is really to say I did the training and stuck to a plan. Only recently have I started to get any faster, but there had to be a huge mental shift and a dedication to just doing it to do it before anything happened with my time goal. Who cares if you're last? You did it, and accomplished a goal that you set out to meet. That's huge and that outlook goes a long way. I hope you keep blogging, I really enjoyed reading!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter