Get me excited about the Contemporary

To me, the CR screams Disney. Why? Because when I took my first trip to Disney when I was 12 (back in the 1970s) I stayed at the CR and it was AWESOME. As you can see by my signature, I've stayed at different places over the years (mainly off site now that the kids are grown and were bringing friends), but I decided to try the CR on my last trip. Mainly because I got the best rate there. I was in the Garden Wing versus the tower this time. I really LOVED it. I loved the resort. I loved the quiet area out back. Sure there was a kids pool with tons of kids in it, but there is just something so sedate about sitting out there on the lake that it seemed much calmer than the other resorts.

While I was a little concerned about the Garden Wing, I think I much prefer it now to the Tower. Again, very quiet, loved my car parked right outside my door. The walk to the 4th floor to get my morning tea was a bit of a hike, but I enjoyed it really. I loved sitting in the Contempo Café and people watching all the Chef Mickey breakfast and dinner goers. Hard to say why really, but I really enjoyed just being there.

You really cannot beat it's convenience to the Magic Kingdom and other areas. I'd definitely stay there again.

We felt the same way but took a flirt a few years back....while we felt it wasn't "themed " the kids loved the modern decor / linens/ baths.....also enjoyed the spray area (they were younger)...To ME ...The THEME is VINTAGE DISNEY- the monorail running thru etc...we enjoyed

IMHO can't beat the theme at Contemporary. Only resort that monorail goes through.

9xsV0LY.jpg

Reasons to get excited about CR?

If you have a TPV room and an odd numbered room, you can lay in bed and see the castle.
View attachment 343364

Plus great fireworks views. There's a channel on the TV that plays the music.
View attachment 343371

Even on the "standard" side of the A-frame the views are wonderful. It's Bay Lake after all.
View attachment 343369

Nightly EWP stop....
View attachment 343370

As mentioned - rooms are nice and big!
View attachment 343372

I do give knocks for not having a zero entry pool... but the pool deck/location itself is beautiful, usually isn't crazy crowded (ahem, Poly), and staring up at this beauty isn't necessarily a bad thing.
View attachment 343374

Anyway - hope that helps!

Signed,
Unashamed CR lover

What an incredible view! Do you remember what room number you were?

We’re going to be there at the end of October for our Honeymoon and we have a TPV and would love to be able to request a specific room. Thank you

What an incredible view! Do you remember what room number you were?

We’re going to be there at the end of October for our Honeymoon and we have a TPV and would love to be able to request a specific room. Thank you

Not the person you questioned, but you can get that view of the monorail from all the tower rooms so don't worry!

Not the person you questioned, but you can get that view of the monorail from all the tower rooms so don't worry!

Thanks, I’ve stayed there before so I do I know about the view. My question was more about the view of the castle from bed than the monorail. I’ve always stayed at the far end (away from MK).

We just got back from Pop and the busses were a nightmare. We did the monorail loop on our off day and I booked a bounce back for CR next summer due to the monorail and the walk to MK. GF was too expensive and the walk won out over Poly. We booked garden view because it’s less expensive but the walk to the main area isn’t too bad.

Thanks, I’ve stayed there before so I do I know about the view. My question was more about the view of the castle from bed than the monorail. I’ve always stayed at the far end (away from MK).

Oh, got it. I thought you were commenting on the picture that was posted of the monorail in the lobby. I guess you basically just have to ask for a theme park view.

We just got back from Pop and the busses were a nightmare. We did the monorail loop on our off day and I booked a bounce back for CR next summer due to the monorail and the walk to MK. GF was too expensive and the walk won out over Poly. We booked garden view because it’s less expensive but the walk to the main area isn’t too bad.

Yeah, we stayed Garden View for the price and LOVED it. I've also stayed Tower but it was so long ago.

We stayed at Contemporary for a quick 4 day trip last fall. This was the only resort that had CL availability (which was my hubbys only request when agreeing to go) for our dates. This was the least appealing resort for me and I was really worried that I would be disappointed. I was SO wrong. We really enjoyed our stay and this has become one of my fave resorts. Being able to walk to MK, especially when attending and after or before hours event. I am not a monorail fan, so that part of the resort does not appeal to me. I even changed our resort back in May from GF Sugarloaf to CR because we enjoyed it so much.

What do you mean it has no Disney theming?? It is the ORIGINAL Disney resort. It IS Disney. The Mary Blair mural?? The castle is right outside. Fireworks every night! The Water pageant????

I mean, come on.

(it's our favorite resort)

Ditto!!! The Cast Members are amazing, you can watch the light parade from the docks, the Pirates fireworks cruise was awesome, it is the start of Highway in the Sky, my kids absolutely love their beach area.....yup we are Contemporary addicts, we stayed there last year for 2 weeks and after our cruise the only reason we didn't go back, is because the Atrium club had no space!

This year they were completely booked for our dates, so we are at the Grand RPC and our family is already missing the Contemporary big time, but we know that it's ALL STILL DISNEY!!!!

My question was more about the view of the castle from bed than the monorail.

If you stay in the Contemporary tower, there is a choice of 'theme park' or 'lake' view. Theme park view is more expensive, so make sure your reservation is for the location you prefer.

You will want to request an odd numbered room with a TPV, these rooms allow you to see the Castle from bed. I would suggest: 4x39-4x47 where x will range from 2-7) TPV North section away from the noise of Chief Mickie's.

If you add the first number 4 and the second number that will indicate the actual floor number in the tower. For example: 4+2 = 6th floor. The first floor that has guest rooms in the Tower is the 5th floor on the Bay Lake side. On the TPV side of the building, the rooms start on the 6th floor above the Monorails.

Dave

The Contemporary is the coolest building in the world, period.

The Electrical Water Pageant *rules.* My wife and I went from "what the hell is that?" to "MUST SEE MULTIPLE TIMES PER TRIP" in two visits.

Walking to the MK is the only thing better than taking a monorail to the MK.

The bridge to Bay Lake Tower is a really gorgeous spot while the sun is setting.

Contempo Cafe is way better than expected if you get the right stuff. Did not care for their burger on my first ever meal there, but find their little cakes and breakfast sandwiches to be excellent.

The Joffrey's coffee in the lobby is quite good. They carry spectacular donuts.

There are small boats at the dock which will take you to Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge if you need a change of pace. My second favorite (VERY close) place on property is the Wilderness Lodge. It's a really fun lobby and snack option. Total 180 in vibe from the Contemporary, but the lobby is equally grand and beautiful.

Above the lobby and below the concourse with the monorail is a pretty big, chill space you can go to if you need a moment alone or to get a little work done with a laptop.

Contempo Cafe is way better than expected if you get the right stuff. Did not care for their burger on my first ever meal there, but find their little cakes and breakfast sandwiches to be excellent.

Above the lobby and below the concourse with the monorail is a pretty big, chill space you can go to if you need a moment alone or to get a little work done with a laptop.

I enjoyed the Contempo Cafe. I got my hot tea there every morning, I was thrilled they didn't have Coke Freestyle Machines and their flatbread pizza was REALLY good!

Also, they have really delicious Disney-themed cupcakes there and I had one just about every day.

I also enjoyed the quiet spots around the area to just got sit and relax.

If you stay in the Contemporary tower, there is a choice of 'theme park' or 'lake' view. Theme park view is more expensive, so make sure your reservation is for the location you prefer.

Understood. As stated in my original reply, we have a theme park view room booked for 14 night in October.

My query is simply which room the picture was taken from as the view is a lot better than some pics I have seen so I’m assuming they’re at the end closest to BLT.

I stayed in room 4547 last year and had a fabulous view. My requests were higher floor, odd numbered room and Magic Kingdom end of the hotel.

E72160A0-D451-4B09-B9A2-EBA30CEC3BB9.jpeg

B3D73DB6-EB01-48F8-ACD4-17E9D19E1AA6.jpeg

We split stayed here a couple of weeks ago (split between Poly and Contemporary)...

We got a fantastic deal via a TA and so couldn't pass it up! We stated in the Garden Wing and requested a room number we had stayed before via touringplans and got it!

What to love?

- We love being able to stay until closing time at MK and not have to worry about cramming into a monorail or waiting an age for a bus, folding up strollers and getting tired kids to rest lol.... Why? Because you can simply walk home! luuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrve it
- We actually love the rooms, nice and spacious and a comfortable sofa bed
- We love the smell...... its Disney!
- The food court is not bad actually, so we enjoy that as well as onsite amenities

Here is the video I shot of our room.... See if you can see my sneaky 8 year old trying to hide as I filmed! haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter