Get Fit For Disney!

I am joining in. I would like to lose about 30 too but realistically don't think I could before September so I am going to try for 15 and if I lose more, great :)

I'm here!

I'm keeping my goal small at 15 pounds by August 31st.

A crisp romaine salad actually sounds pretty good right now. I'm trying to enjoy salads more. I'm a vegetarian, but one of the junk food kinds! haha.....

I absolutely love salads....just finished one, in fact ;) However, mine always include TONS of cheese, croutons, dressing, sometimes bacon......
I've gotta learn to not go overboard. :lmao:

Popping in to say hi :goodvibes

IAll my problems started with my second pregnancy with DD4. Like some of you, I had extremely bad hyperemesis and had a PICC line in my arm; a Zofran pump(which did not help my N/V), and IV fluids/ home health nursing care for 6+ months because I was vomiting constantly, did not eat or drink for 6 months, lost a lot of weight. Did end up gaining weight in third trimester thankfully for DDs sake but after her birth it seemed my body just rebounded and held onto every single calorie because it was almost like I was starving early in the pregnancy and my body wanted no part of that again, Lol

Ah well, like I said, I'd love to just get healthier overall! :)
Hang in there. :thumbsup2 It's hard to right our bodies after pregnancy sometimes. I had 2 pregnacies like that (both boys) You need to boost your metabolism to keep it out of starvation mode. Try eating small amounts of healthy, high protein, unprocessed foods. Try eating every 3 hours (even if it is 1/2 whole wheat turkey sandwich with a piece of fruit) That way your body will know it is going to be getting something good every few hours, and try walking (maybe you do) :banana: And drink water :tinker:

Good Morning everyone!!!! I hope to go for a quick jog before my day starts (it's a little cool here. so at the moment I am procrastinating) For breakfast I am having 2 cups of coffee (can't live with out it) and my ususal cottage cheese and fruit...I Love :love: it.....weird. The weekend is here which sometimes can be more challenging to eat well. We are having a double date (with my DS and his GF) tonight...movie and dinner!:scared1:
Such a busy thread!!!! Can't wait until I log back in and see what I missed!

Hang in there. :thumbsup2 It's hard to right our bodies after pregnancy sometimes. I had 2 pregnacies like that (both boys) You need to boost your metabolism to keep it out of starvation mode. Try eating small amounts of healthy, high protein, unprocessed foods. Try eating every 3 hours (even if it is 1/2 whole wheat turkey sandwich with a piece of fruit) That way your body will know it is going to be getting something good every few hours, and try walking (maybe you do) :banana: And drink water :tinker:

Good Morning everyone!!!! I hope to go for a quick jog before my day starts (it's a little cool here. so at the moment I am procrastinating) For breakfast I am having 2 cups of coffee (can't live with out it) and my ususal cottage cheese and fruit...I Love :love: it.....weird. The weekend is here which sometimes can be more challenging to eat well. We are having a double date (with my DS and his GF) tonight...movie and dinner!:scared1:
Such a busy thread!!!! Can't wait until I log back in and see what I missed!

Thanks pinkle! :goodvibes Yes, now that the weather is finally getting warmer and all the snow from blizzard of 2011 :scared1: here in Chicago has finally melted I hope to start walking more. DH and I really want to cut back on pop and drink more water. Limiting processed foods would also be huge for use...neither one of us really cook :guilty: and the girls schedules are so, so busy that we're always eating on the run. We are going to try to make changes gradually. Thanks for the great tips and encouragement!!:flower3:

I absolutely love salads....just finished one, in fact ;) However, mine always include TONS of cheese, croutons, dressing, sometimes bacon......
I've gotta learn to not go overboard. :lmao:

I'm not a big fan of salads...unless it's like the one you just described :sad2:
:lmao:

But I always tell myself it has to better than a burger and fries, right? :)

Sounds like green juice! There are a zillion recipes for this on the 'net, and I'd love to try some. However, my blender is loud and I don't want to annoy my apartment neighbors in the morning. It's supposed to be really healthy though, and breakfast smoothies are great in the summer.

Yes, it's exactly that! The loudness is why I stopped making them, I didn't want to wake up my kids before I left for work. And they lose all their benefits if you make them, like, the night before. They are yummy though.

I am so glad I don't like pop, my uncle drinks 48 cans a week:scared1:

Wow! I used to drink a ton of pop, but then I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes in my first pregnancy. So I didn't drink any after that (for the rest of the pregnancy), and after "detoxing" I don't miss it much at all. It is an occasional nice treat. My real vice these days is McD's sweet tea. I would drink one everyday if I drove by a McD everyday.

I've done well so far today! Tonight were having family over and I'm grilling my favorite spicy chicken, canned green beans from our garden and hashbrown casserole. I will only have a small spoonful of the hashbrown casserole. I feel more motivated since we have this thread!

I've done well so far today! Tonight were having family over and I'm grilling my favorite spicy chicken, canned green beans from our garden and hashbrown casserole. I will only have a small spoonful of the hashbrown casserole. I feel more motivated since we have this thread!
I love green beans! And my girls love 3-bean salad with red kidney beans, green beans, and chick peas. All soaked in vinegar, of course!

Good Morning Everyone,
I have to say a big Thank You to L Harper for coming up with this idea and making the thread.
You inspired me to get back on track, although I did keep track of what I ate yesterday I am counting today as day 1 since we had corned beef and cabbage last night and I made a pig of myself :laughing:

I even ordered 2 walking DVD's and arm weights yesterday to try and get rid of my "flabby upper arms".

I never put on a lot of weight with my pregnancies and after delivery was within 5-10lbs of my non pregnancy weight. I was of average weight until I went through menopause when I was 50-51. Then the weight sneaked up on me to where I am now. I have gone from 135 to my current 234 as of my Dr Visit last week :scared1:

I was my heaviest a couple of years ago when I topped out at 243, I did lose 23 lbs and was down to 220 Dec of 2009 when I ended up on insulin which hampers my losing :mad:

Getting old sucks, I use to weigh myself everyday and if I was up a pound or two watch what I ate, it was so easy to lose back then before I went through menopause.:sad2:

Good luck everyone on keeping on track and hopeing we all can lose what we would like to before our trips. :goodvibes

I'd like to join! My goal is to drop 25 pounds before out trip in late August. I've been working really hard for the past month and lost 10 pounds. :goodvibes

No true carbs past 12 noon, fruit only with my breakfast, 10 8oz glasses of water per day and at lease 30 minutes of activity per day.

Congrates on losing the 10 lbs ! I need to drink more water, I was thinking I need to buy cases of the bottled water, then put out a set number each day and make sure I drink them. I never was a soda person I drink maybe 1 2litre bottle a week and coffee I only drink 2-3 cups decaf a day.
:eek:

Never? Not even in guacamole? I recommend slicing one up either on a salad or in salsa. Maybe have someone help you pick your first one...they're tricky and the ripeness has a big effect on flavor.

Nope never, never had guacmole either , I have led a sheltered life :laughing:

Anyone have any tips on picking out a ripe avacodo? I really want to try it now in my salad I add all kinds of things to my salads to make them more interesting , sliced beets, marinated mushrooms, black olives up next "avacodo"

I need to drink more water, I was thinking I need to buy cases of the bottled water, then put out a set number each day and make sure I drink them.
I bought a reusable plastic water bottle that has a "counter" on it. It has a ring with numbers on it, and each time you drink the bottle, you can move the ring to the next number. It's a quick way to track how many bottles you drink a day, and it's environmentally friendly!

I bought a reusable plastic water bottle that has a "counter" on it. It has a ring with numbers on it, and each time you drink the bottle, you can move the ring to the next number. It's a quick way to track how many bottles you drink a day, and it's environmentally friendly!

Now that bottle sound like a great idea, I am going to look for one. I never realize I haven't been drinking enough water until I get a headache in fact when I ended up in the hospital in Dec 2009 I was dehydrated :scared1:

I have to say this has been really hard for me since I am the only one in my family that is overweight. My mom is so skinny and my kids are too. When my mom goes to the store she always comes home with a cheesecake. Last night she was gonna grab a couple donut holes for each of the kids when she went for coffee and instead come home with a half a dozen donuts :scared1:

I have this problem too. My kids are so thin, and my DH is 5' 10" and weighs 150 lbs after a heavy meal! :headache: He really doesn't understand my struggle. I do good on watching what I eat during the week while he is at work, but when he is home all day on the weekend I have a harder time.

Well, I am doing great today. My kids don't have school, and they wanted pancakes and eggs for breakfast. I made it for them, and then had my bowl of special k with milk. It was hard to pass up those pancakes!

I had vegetable soup for lunch, and I don't know what dinner will be yet. Usually we have fish on Fridays during Lent so I'll probably make salmon tonight.

I'm so glad that everyone is feeling more motivated since joining this thread! I am also more motivated although I did have a pop when I went out to lunch with friends today. I did get a healthy meal though!

That water bottle sounds awesome! I need to look around for one!

That sounds really cool. The best thing when I was weaning off pop was to get a Brita pitcher. I hate tap water, the taste and that it is not cold enough. Now we have the biggest Pur water container, because we as a family go through so much water.

I am not doing very well today. Have not exercised at all even though I told myself I was going to start days ago. I really need to do this, I get headaches all the time and get tired so fast.

Has anyone done the 30 Day Shred? I started it last year and only did 4 days of it due to finding out I was pregnant... but it totally kicked my butt and I loved it!

I can't wait until the doc clears me to work out at my 6-week PP appointment so I can start this again!

Has anyone done the 30 Day Shred? I started it last year and only did 4 days of it due to finding out I was pregnant... but it totally kicked my butt and I loved it!

I can't wait until the doc clears me to work out at my 6-week PP appointment so I can start this again!
I have used it, although I never stuck with it. It's way beyond my stamina level. I almost found P90X to be easier! The problem I have with 30 Day Shred is the switching between standing exercises and floor exercises. Once I'm doing floor work, I like to stay there, not get back up for another round! At least with P90X, I could stand up virtually the whole time and just work with my hand weights. I really need to get back into something though. One of my favorite workouts ever is a Billy Blanks Tae-bo routine I have on VHS!

I have this problem too. My kids are so thin, and my DH is 5' 10" and weighs 150 lbs after a heavy meal! :headache: He really doesn't understand my struggle. I do good on watching what I eat during the week while he is at work, but when he is home all day on the weekend I have a harder time.

Well, I am doing great today. My kids don't have school, and they wanted pancakes and eggs for breakfast. I made it for them, and then had my bowl of special k with milk. It was hard to pass up those pancakes!

I had vegetable soup for lunch, and I don't know what dinner will be yet. Usually we have fish on Fridays during Lent so I'll probably make salmon tonight.

I am having issues with Fridays as I have never liked fish. I know fish is really good for you so what fish would anyone recommend for someone who doesn't really like it, especailly the smell?

I even ordered 2 walking DVD's and arm weights yesterday to try and get rid of my "flabby upper arms".

Getting old sucks, I use to weigh myself everyday and if I was up a pound or two watch what I ate, it was so easy to lose back then before I went through menopause.:sad2:

Good luck everyone on keeping on track and hopeing we all can lose what we would like to before our trips. :goodvibes

I hate when I wave and the skin under my arms keeps going! Its just gross!

It does suck getting old. I recently hit 40 and I'm having a hard time with it. I don't feel 40!:scared1:

Yeah, your dh has the opposite problem! At least Brian needs to lose some although not as much as me!

I really like Special K, they have lots of varieties.

I'm really picky about my fish. We usually only eat what the boys catch. Where do you buy your salmon? Our fresh salmon is long gone!

This has been a challenging day!!! I went to the movies,popcorn:: and out for dinner, dinner was okay, i had a spinach salad with chicken....my downfall was the supersize bag of mini eggs we picked up at Costco :scared1: I have had enought to last until Easter!!! Good thing I went for a jog first!!!:worship:back on the horse again tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter