Genie + AP and Family who have regular tickets with Genie +

elgerber

DIS Veteran
That’s great to hear and thanks for the info. As of last week when I was in WDW we were not able to. At that time one of the guest services cast members we’re saying that the ability to add at midnight was only for opening day for genie +. Expecting that Disney will keep tweaking it to make it better and more user friendly for us. Based on your post above that would be a big improvement in one week.
Thank you! I've been waiting to hear back from someone in the parks. I have an AP but the rest of my family doesn't. Happy to hear we can book as a group.
The difference from that post a and then original post seems to be the non AP Tix already having Genie versus adding it to AP and Hoppers at the same time.

kristenabelle

a funny girl
Love that more recent experiences seem to be working better. Hoping I can purchase/manage for my family without major issues.

sunshine girl

DIS Veteran
That’s great to hear and thanks for the info. As of last week when I was in WDW we were not able to. At that time one of the guest services cast members we’re saying that the ability to add at midnight was only for opening day for genie +. Expecting that Disney will keep tweaking it to make it better and more user friendly for us. Based on your post above that would be a big improvement in one week.
The difference from that post a and then original post seems to be the non AP Tix already having Genie versus adding it to AP and Hoppers at the same time.
Wait halp I'm confused!

My understanding was that AP holders could book Genie+ anytime after midnight. I haven't seen anyone claim differently until just now reading this thread...

I have an AP but my family has hoppers. We are all staying on-site at the same resort. The rest of my family will definitely pre-purchase/add Genie+ once covering the duration of their trip, but as an AP holder I'll have to purchase/add it each day of the trip after midnight. Which seems really dumb, and a huge pain as-is (AP holders who are staying on-site should be able to book for length-of-stay IMO).

But if you're saying as an AP holder I can't even book Genie+ until 7am day-of on the dot (even though I'm an on-site guest), that is quite bad!

elgerber

DIS Veteran
Wait halp I'm confused!

My understanding was that AP holders could book Genie+ anytime after midnight. I haven't seen anyone claim differently until just now reading this thread...

I have an AP but my family has hoppers. We are all staying on-site at the same resort. The rest of my family will definitely pre-purchase/add Genie+ once covering the duration of their trip, but as an AP holder I'll have to purchase/add it each day of the trip after midnight. Which seems really dumb, and a huge pain as-is (AP holders who are staying on-site should be able to book for length-of-stay IMO).

But if you're saying as an AP holder I can't even book Genie+ until 7am day-of on the dot (even though I'm an on-site guest), that is quite bad!
Yes that is being reported by the OP, and I saw a couple on Facebook say the same, if your other guests already have Genie added, you cannot purchase until 7. It makes absolutely zero sense and I sure hope they fix it.

TheMick424

DIS Veteran
Yes that is being reported by the OP, and I saw a couple on Facebook say the same, if your other guests already have Genie added, you cannot purchase until 7. It makes absolutely zero sense and I sure hope they fix it.
I really hope they fix this promptly as well. Penalizing AP holders who are traveling with others who have purchased Genie+ upfront for length of stay tickets seems like a bad look to me. Definitely regretting my decisions so far.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES