Genie + AP and Family who have regular tickets with Genie +

That’s great to hear and thanks for the info. As of last week when I was in WDW we were not able to. At that time one of the guest services cast members we’re saying that the ability to add at midnight was only for opening day for genie +. Expecting that Disney will keep tweaking it to make it better and more user friendly for us. Based on your post above that would be a big improvement in one week.
Thank you! I've been waiting to hear back from someone in the parks. I have an AP but the rest of my family doesn't. Happy to hear we can book as a group.
The difference from that post a and then original post seems to be the non AP Tix already having Genie versus adding it to AP and Hoppers at the same time.

Love that more recent experiences seem to be working better. Hoping I can purchase/manage for my family without major issues.

That’s great to hear and thanks for the info. As of last week when I was in WDW we were not able to. At that time one of the guest services cast members we’re saying that the ability to add at midnight was only for opening day for genie +. Expecting that Disney will keep tweaking it to make it better and more user friendly for us. Based on your post above that would be a big improvement in one week.

The difference from that post a and then original post seems to be the non AP Tix already having Genie versus adding it to AP and Hoppers at the same time.

Wait halp I'm confused!

My understanding was that AP holders could book Genie+ anytime after midnight. I haven't seen anyone claim differently until just now reading this thread...

I have an AP but my family has hoppers. We are all staying on-site at the same resort. The rest of my family will definitely pre-purchase/add Genie+ once covering the duration of their trip, but as an AP holder I'll have to purchase/add it each day of the trip after midnight. Which seems really dumb, and a huge pain as-is (AP holders who are staying on-site should be able to book for length-of-stay IMO).

But if you're saying as an AP holder I can't even book Genie+ until 7am day-of on the dot (even though I'm an on-site guest), that is quite bad!

Wait halp I'm confused!

My understanding was that AP holders could book Genie+ anytime after midnight. I haven't seen anyone claim differently until just now reading this thread...

I have an AP but my family has hoppers. We are all staying on-site at the same resort. The rest of my family will definitely pre-purchase/add Genie+ once covering the duration of their trip, but as an AP holder I'll have to purchase/add it each day of the trip after midnight. Which seems really dumb, and a huge pain as-is (AP holders who are staying on-site should be able to book for length-of-stay IMO).

But if you're saying as an AP holder I can't even book Genie+ until 7am day-of on the dot (even though I'm an on-site guest), that is quite bad!
Yes that is being reported by the OP, and I saw a couple on Facebook say the same, if your other guests already have Genie added, you cannot purchase until 7. It makes absolutely zero sense and I sure hope they fix it.

Yes that is being reported by the OP, and I saw a couple on Facebook say the same, if your other guests already have Genie added, you cannot purchase until 7. It makes absolutely zero sense and I sure hope they fix it.
I really hope they fix this promptly as well. Penalizing AP holders who are traveling with others who have purchased Genie+ upfront for length of stay tickets seems like a bad look to me. Definitely regretting my decisions so far.

I really hope they fix this promptly as well. Penalizing AP holders who are traveling with others who have purchased Genie+ upfront for length of stay tickets seems like a bad look to me. Definitely regretting my decisions so far.
I can report they haven't fixed it as of December 11th.
Here's a post I created complaining about the same issue.

For my trip from December 3-11th I had pre-purchased an Annual pass. My family and I had a resort stay at the Riviera and the other 4 members of my party had 8 day Park Hopper tickets with Genie+ pre-purchased. Every single morning I was unable to add Genie+ to my Annual Pass ticket until the 7 am window when the reservations opened up. As a result I lost out on Slinky Dog Dash both days we visited Hollywood Studios because by the time I went through the purchasing window, all the available slots were gone.
Instead of having the purchase Genie+ button in MDE each morning, I had the purple box telling me to look at filters and audio tours. I tried multiple times after midnight day of (12:01, 6:30, 6:50) to no avail. Each day I couldn't buy it until after the 7 am window opened. The rest of my family had 0 issues, but since I was managing the accounts, it kept costing them early morning Lightning Lanes (and I wasn't able to get Remy boarding group either).
Every single morning I reached out to customer service via chat (several times I was told to call their number which had a 3 hour plus wait each day which seemed insane) and was also told to just wait in line at Guest Services DAILY to get htem to fix this. I opened 3 IT tickets and still have not been contacted with anything more than uninstall and reinstall the app on your phone and then the ticket was closed. In my ticket I explicitly stated that I had already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, tried signing out and back in, used my device, used my husband's device, and even tried my mom's iPhone in order to remedy the situation.
I got hung up on by IT support when I did wait 60 minutes to chat and ended up waiting in line at Guest services for 30 minutes to finally talk to someone who cared. Morgan from Fort Worth at Hollywood studios was awesome! She put a note on my account that I have an issue with my Genie Plus and to let any guest service person add me to my family (and future spring break trip) plans if my times were way different than the rest of the family. It didn't solve the problem but she made an effort and gave my family Slinky Dog anytime passes. She was great!
Everyone else I dealt with treated me like I was a completely stupid moron who had never seen a phone in my life. I was shocked at the lack of caring or effort made by all the CSR and IT CSR over the week. For a trip that cost over 16k just for hotel and tickets, you think that someone would give a crud if my experience was being impacted literally every day.
I still am waiting on a response from IT but I doubt it will ever happen. Now that I'm home I have the button to buy Genie Plus on my app (so useless but clearly it works and there's something hosed up about me having an Annual Pass and a resort stay and the others on my reservation having park hoppers). On my upcoming Spring break trip it'll be the same situation as no one else was going for long enough to justify the cost of the AP.
I'm shocked and ashamed that Disney customer service doesn't care about my issue, and ran through the same stupid script daily with me. At one point a CSR just left the chat and her manager told me that they were "sorry about this, but really I should be calling for help daily". He ended the chat promptly after giving me that "gem" of help.
I am hoping this doesn't happen to any of the rest of you, since it was such an added stressor to an already stressful planning experience.

That's awful, so sorry for your experience.

Just to clarify my post. I purchased G+ each day since I wasn't going to use it everyday. I had a points room only with 2 APs and 3 tickets from UT. Not a package or added in advance so maybe that's the difference.

I was able to purchase G+ after 12mid for the 2 AP tickets and 3 theme park tickets at the same time and could book G+ LL and ILL$ together at 7am.

I hope they get their act together.

Just to clarify my post. I purchased G+ each day since I wasn't going to use it everyday. I had a points room only with 2 APs and 3 tickets from UT. Not a package or added in advance so maybe that's the difference.

I was able to purchase G+ after 12mid for the 2 AP tickets and 3 theme park tickets at the same time and could book G+ LL and ILL$ together at 7am.

thank you for the clarification. I will be in this situation fall. I was going to do Genie in advance, so that we can use rewards to cover the cost, but not if it's going to cost us rides each day.

thank you for the clarification. I will be in this situation fall. I was going to do Genie in advance, so that we can use rewards to cover the cost, but not if it's going to cost us rides each day.

I hope it gets worked out by then for you.

FYI when paying, it gave me the option of using my cc on file or using a rewards card which I did. That was 1 thing I was glad to see!

I hope it gets worked out by then for you.

FYI when paying, it gave me the option of using my cc on file or using a rewards card which I did. That was 1 thing I was glad to see!
Yes, I used gift cards for all of our Genie purchases in October.
The rewards I need to use are Capital One rewards, which I can only use to purchase the actual tickets from UCT.

I think the G+ on the regular park tickets in advance is the issue. Seems like MDE thinks all the parties have it already so it doesn't present the option to purchase to the AP. I am definitely regretting buying the tickets with G+ included.

I can report they haven't fixed it as of December 11th.
Here's a post I created complaining about the same issue.

For my trip from December 3-11th I had pre-purchased an Annual pass. My family and I had a resort stay at the Riviera and the other 4 members of my party had 8 day Park Hopper tickets with Genie+ pre-purchased. Every single morning I was unable to add Genie+ to my Annual Pass ticket until the 7 am window when the reservations opened up. As a result I lost out on Slinky Dog Dash both days we visited Hollywood Studios because by the time I went through the purchasing window, all the available slots were gone.
Instead of having the purchase Genie+ button in MDE each morning, I had the purple box telling me to look at filters and audio tours. I tried multiple times after midnight day of (12:01, 6:30, 6:50) to no avail. Each day I couldn't buy it until after the 7 am window opened. The rest of my family had 0 issues, but since I was managing the accounts, it kept costing them early morning Lightning Lanes (and I wasn't able to get Remy boarding group either).
Every single morning I reached out to customer service via chat (several times I was told to call their number which had a 3 hour plus wait each day which seemed insane) and was also told to just wait in line at Guest Services DAILY to get htem to fix this. I opened 3 IT tickets and still have not been contacted with anything more than uninstall and reinstall the app on your phone and then the ticket was closed. In my ticket I explicitly stated that I had already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, tried signing out and back in, used my device, used my husband's device, and even tried my mom's iPhone in order to remedy the situation.
I got hung up on by IT support when I did wait 60 minutes to chat and ended up waiting in line at Guest services for 30 minutes to finally talk to someone who cared. Morgan from Fort Worth at Hollywood studios was awesome! She put a note on my account that I have an issue with my Genie Plus and to let any guest service person add me to my family (and future spring break trip) plans if my times were way different than the rest of the family. It didn't solve the problem but she made an effort and gave my family Slinky Dog anytime passes. She was great!
Everyone else I dealt with treated me like I was a completely stupid moron who had never seen a phone in my life. I was shocked at the lack of caring or effort made by all the CSR and IT CSR over the week. For a trip that cost over 16k just for hotel and tickets, you think that someone would give a crud if my experience was being impacted literally every day.
I still am waiting on a response from IT but I doubt it will ever happen. Now that I'm home I have the button to buy Genie Plus on my app (so useless but clearly it works and there's something hosed up about me having an Annual Pass and a resort stay and the others on my reservation having park hoppers). On my upcoming Spring break trip it'll be the same situation as no one else was going for long enough to justify the cost of the AP.
I'm shocked and ashamed that Disney customer service doesn't care about my issue, and ran through the same stupid script daily with me. At one point a CSR just left the chat and her manager told me that they were "sorry about this, but really I should be calling for help daily". He ended the chat promptly after giving me that "gem" of help.
I am hoping this doesn't happen to any of the rest of you, since it was such an added stressor to an already stressful planning experience.
I'm so sorry. Hopefully others are reporting this issue as well and eventually it will be fixed, but it is super frustrating! Do you think Guest Services at the hotel would be able to assist as well, or just at the parks?

I'm the AP holder, and the one that does all the booking/planning. So hopefully the fact that I'm booking with others that don't have Genie+ in advance means I won't have issues getting Genie+ ahead of the 7 am window. First timers with us - I don't want them to miss out on the headliners.

I'm the AP holder, and the one that does all the booking/planning. So hopefully the fact that I'm booking with others that don't have Genie+ in advance means I won't have issues getting Genie+ ahead of the 7 am window. First timers with us - I don't want them to miss out on the headliners.

I didn't have an issue with this, thankfully - AP holder with all hoppers (without Genie+ prepurchased). I was able to get it post-midnight or morning of and start booking at 7.

My issue was my app would crash after I selected an ILL$ (for ROTR specifically), forcing me to restart and get stuck with a later time. Frustrating for our planning, but at least we were able to snag some.

Bumping up - Anyone have more recent experience they can report?
saw someone in a Facebook group this morning, asking why they weren't getting the purchase button after midnight for their AP when the rest of their party already had Genie + on their hoppers.

saw someone in a Facebook group this morning, asking why they weren't getting the purchase button after midnight for their AP when the rest of their party already had Genie + on their hoppers.
Guess I'm not surprised this hasn't been fixed, but definitely disappointed. :(

I have a question related to this also. We're leaving in 16 days. We have AP's which I renewed last month. I need to go to guest services and activate them before we enter our first park which will be HS.

When will I be able to add G+? We arrive in the later evening on our first day so we won't go to the parks until the next day. Do you think I can still go on anytime after midnight and add it or will it have to be activated first?

This is our first trip with G+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter