Genie + AP and Family who have regular tickets with Genie +

Here now. Arrived on Sunday. 4 members of my party, including me, had purchased genie + in advance. 3 members of our party have APs. The link to purchase genie + for them each day does not show up. I was able to purchase for them by calling (407) 939-4357 every morning around 6:40 am. Never waited more than 5 minutes on hold and was able to add it quickly. I was told that genie and APs are not getting along and this has been a recurring problem.

Here now. Arrived on Sunday. 4 members of my party, including me, had purchased genie + in advance. 3 members of our party have APs. The link to purchase genie + for them each day does not show up. I was able to purchase for them by calling (407) 939-4357 every morning around 6:40 am. Never waited more than 5 minutes on hold and was able to add it quickly. I was told that genie and APs are not getting along and this has been a recurring problem.

I wonder if this has been a problem for everyone with an AP, or only for those that have an AP and are in a party with people with daily tickets and pre purchased Genie+.

I did not have any problems in November buying Genie+ on a daily basis both for myself and for the family members with daily tickets.

I will be doing the same thing next week so I will see if that has changed and is now a problem. Nobody in our party has bought Genie+ in advance, and we don’t expect to be buying it every day.

I wonder if this has been a problem for everyone with an AP, or only for those that have an AP and are in a party with people with daily tickets and pre purchased Genie+.

I did not have any problems in November buying Genie+ on a daily basis both for myself and for the family members with daily tickets.

I will be doing the same thing next week so I will see if that has changed and is now a problem. Nobody in our party has bought Genie+ in advance, and we don’t expect to be buying it every day.
Genie + launched during out October trip. Me and dd, both AP holders. We had zero issues purchasing before 7 am each day.

Different experience. Saturday December 11th. I have an AP, DH had a PH ticket with Genie+. I was able to add G+ to my ticket at 12:02am (at Very Merriest), no issues, then book LL and ILL$ at 7am.

He does have his own MDE but linked to mine, obviously.

Different experience. Saturday December 11th. I have an AP, DH had a PH ticket with Genie+. I was able to add G+ to my ticket at 12:02am (at Very Merriest), no issues, then book LL and ILL$ at 7am.

He does have his own MDE but linked to mine, obviously.
Thank you for sharing your experience. My DH has his own MDE as well, but I manage the kids on mine. I wonder whether this will make a difference. 🤔

Thanks for sharing your experience! I am going to add this phone number to my contacts now, just in case. Is this the number for Website/MDE Support? @GeauxDis

Last edited:

I suspect the issue is the daily tickets with pre-purchased Genie+. System isn't smart enough to check that everyone on the Friends and Family list has Genie+ (or doesn't have it).

Thank you for sharing your experience. My DH has his own MDE as well, but I manage the kids on mine. I wonder whether this will make a difference. 🤔

Kids weren't with us.. DD has an AP, DS doesn't. Next trip for all 4 of us won't be til August. May contemplate setting up individual MDEs if there are still issues. They're teens and could manage their own. DS logs in and uses mine now...

So it was adventure every day to get Genie+ added to me (AP) to book alongside my family who were all on tickets with G+ pre-purchased.

Every day, the link to purchase Genie+ would show at a different time and not necessarily the same place. I even had to open up the chat for help because I was STRESSING one day as it was getting close to 7am and the link had not shown.

They need to keep it in a static place that we can go to instead of having to wait for it be offered to you and having to toggle between pages on the app.

I can report that I have an AP and DD and DGD were just here with us with tickets, which included Genie+ added for each day. DD and DGD do not have their own MDE. I was not able to purchase Genie for myself or DH (both AP) until 7 AM on any day that DD and DGD had tickets showing. They left Sunday. Starting Monday DH and I were able to purchase Genie at midnight.

Bumping .... Any recent updates about parties with some AP and some with pre-purchased Genie+? Is it still preventing the AP from buying before 7 AM? I know it works when you buy for all in your party the same day, but my parents are about to buy tickets and I want to tell them whether they should wait and let me buy Genie+ each day when I can buy it or whether they should go ahead and pre-purchase.

Bumping .... Any recent updates about parties with some AP and some with pre-purchased Genie+? Is it still preventing the AP from buying before 7 AM? I know it works when you buy for all in your party the same day, but my parents are about to buy tickets and I want to tell them whether they should wait and let me buy Genie+ each day when I can buy it or whether they should go ahead and pre-purchase.
I had no problems with mixed ticket media over Christmas and again in February. This seems to be solved.

I am still seeing reports on Facebook of people still having this problem, as recently as this week.
Ugh! The system is so glitchy! I posted the question on the Disney Genie FB group too but it didn't get much traction. Thanks!

Honestly, even if it does get fixed, there's absolutely no reason to buy Genie for the all days. It's just not needed for some parks.

Honestly, even if it does get fixed, there's absolutely no reason to buy Genie for the all days. It's just not needed for some parks.
Or, you might not need it on a second day at a park visit. It could be useful for having Park Hoppers, but buying it day of is really not a big deal (Just set your alarm 5 minutes earlier and do the purchase and don't risk having to deal with the nightmare I had each day).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter