FYI Annual Pass Sales Halted

Ok, it's officially "early 2022". When do we think sales will resume? Next week, after the folks who traveled for Christmas are SOL for upgrading tickets to APs?

I need to use these for credit card spend and I don't want to book any DVC rentals until I have vouchers on our account.

I wish Disney would give us a clue soon. I’m tempted to get the Pixie pass for now in the hopes I can upgrade later.

Ok, it's officially "early 2022". When do we think sales will resume? Next week, after the folks who traveled for Christmas are SOL for upgrading tickets to APs?

I need to use these for credit card spend and I don't want to book any DVC rentals until I have vouchers on our account.

As someone who booked multiple DVC rentals for later this year with the intention of upgrading our Christmas week 2021 tickets to an AP, I wish I hadn't booked all these trips. The only reason I did is because I'm still trying to use up various pre-pandemic airline credits, and international travel is a PITA right now.

I wonder what this does to the DVC rental market in the long run. I'd certainly be reluctant to rent DVC in the future now that I know I can't rely on Disney to sell annual passes as they reliably did before 2020. We'll also be trying out a hotel near Sea World on one of our trips-- since we're renting a car due to loss of ME anyway, might as well explore offsite options.

As someone who booked multiple DVC rentals for later this year with the intention of upgrading our Christmas week 2021 tickets to an AP, I wish I hadn't booked all these trips. The only reason I did is because I'm still trying to use up various pre-pandemic airline credits, and international travel is a PITA right now.

I wonder what this does to the DVC rental market in the long run. I'd certainly be reluctant to rent DVC in the future now that I know I can't rely on Disney to sell annual passes as they reliably did before 2020. We'll also be trying out a hotel near Sea World on one of our trips-- since we're renting a car due to loss of ME anyway, might as well explore offsite options.
I don’t think your lack of not being able to secure an annual pass will have any effect on DVC rentals. There are plenty ticket only renters who will still rent with zero issues.

As someone who booked multiple DVC rentals for later this year with the intention of upgrading our Christmas week 2021 tickets to an AP, I wish I hadn't booked all these trips.

That stinks!!

We're have August DVC booked because, whether it's tickets or an AP, we're taking that trip.

But, we have other trips we plan to take on APs that we aren't booking yet. We definitely don't be taking multiple trips to Disney if we can't do the passes.

I just need those stinking vouchers on hand...

Next week is the marathon weekend. I doubt anything will be announced until after the marathon.

DVC is still competing with cash hotel bookings, which seem to be doing just fine.

Any rumors when they will be back? Just got home from a 3 day trip and we tried to get info from cast members but everyone was hush hush.

Any rumors when they will be back? Just got home from a 3 day trip and we tried to get info from cast members but everyone was hush hush.
IMO they won't come back til they are needed to. They would rather have people pay full price to stay at the resort then give discounts. Since the parks are full right now there is no need to sell AP's

And yet there are still AP discounts for 2022. My AP expires in July and I wonder if they're even going to let me renew.

Cash bookings were super soft during normally sold out christmas week. There was availability at nearly every hotel, in nearly every category.
I’ll confirm that from personal last minute reservations between Xmas and NYE week…at BLT and Boardwalk !
Also NYE … my family was in Tomorrowland just before midnight and it was empty… everybody was packed in front of Castle on Main Street.
As I walked up towards PeopleMover the castmember was required to inform we I might miss the NYE fireworks.
Decided to take my chance and exited just as they were beginning and the 3 of us were still find a spot to stand just under Tinkerbells flight path .She doesnt fly for the NYE Countdown and Auld Lang Syne obviously.
Makes you wonder about what’s going on. Was everybody at Universal Studios instead? Staying home ?

That is kinda overused joke.
My friends is a bus driver for Disney and they have been on mandatory 6 day schedule for a long time now… They did not get to enjoy the holidays with their families this year. And this is true for most all castmembers unless they were management level.
Please be kinder in the New Year, they are still working mandatory for marathons and Management will not allow them to plan any scheduled vacation dates yet for the new schedule year because of staff shortage,
I guess.
No joke !

I've been unable to get a direct response from Disney about being told I couldn't upgrade as I would lose my park reservations and then passes being pulled. Has anyone gotten a response?

I have to assume they record all calls and could pull it up. Most large companies stand behind their word but I'm getting bizarre responses. The first email I received thanked me for being a valued Annual Pass holder (I'm trying to become one). I'm finding it really bizarre that they don't actually read and respond to the emails. Generic replies that don't even apply is pathetic.

I've been unable to get a direct response from Disney about being told I couldn't upgrade as I would lose my park reservations and then passes being pulled. Has anyone gotten a response?

I have to assume they record all calls and could pull it up. Most large companies stand behind their word but I'm getting bizarre responses. The first email I received thanked me for being a valued Annual Pass holder (I'm trying to become one). I'm finding it really bizarre that they don't actually read and respond to the emails. Generic replies that don't even apply is pathetic.
Are you staying onsite? If so, then it can come from that bucket and not the AP bucket. I booked DH and DS park reservations with tickets, since their APs were expiring before our trip. Before their APs expired, I called and had the value of the tickets applied to an AP renewal and paid the difference. We were staying onsite. We didn't have any issues with their park reservations.

Are you staying onsite? If so, then it can come from that bucket and not the AP bucket. I booked DH and DS park reservations with tickets, since their APs were expiring before our trip. Before their APs expired, I called and had the value of the tickets applied to an AP renewal and paid the difference. We were staying onsite. We didn't have any issues with their park reservations.

The trip has passed at this point unfortunately and we weren't existing passholders. I bought tickets before our trip when I was told we could upgrade. Then I was told I had to wait until getting onsite when AP's went onsale to avoid losing park reservations.
I'm okay with accepting all the changes they've made at WDW but don't turn into a buyer beware business. If your employees make a promise, honor it.

I’m really hoping they go on sale again within the next couple weeks. I wanted to upgrade to APs back when they announced them being on sale again. My my TA told me it might mess up my reservations and that it would be easier to do once at the park…and I listened to her. Now I might not be able to upgrade at all. The only way I’ll be able to convince DH to come back to WDW this year is if we have APs. 😞

Also, our TA cancelled our memory maker since she knew I wanted to upgrade and it’s cheaper with an AP. I messaged her last week asking if we can add it back it. She hasn’t replied to any of my emails since I made my final payments. Now, this is 110% hopeful speculation because I know TAs don’t necessarily have insider info…but I’m hoping she’s ignoring me because she’s not allowed to tell me APs will be on sale soon. Actually, I’m going to change that to 250% hopeful speculation. 🤣

I’m trying not to be annoyed by the advice or that I’m being ignored after making all my final payments. I know I was just given info based on the moment. But man am I kicking myself now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter