FYI Annual Pass Sales Halted

I wanted to upgrade to APs back when they announced them being on sale again. My my TA told me it might mess up my reservations and that it would be easier to do once at the park…and I listened to her. Now I might not be able to upgrade at all. The only way I’ll be able to convince DH to come back to WDW this year is if we have APs. 😞

Ooof, that's s tough pill to swallow! I don't think anyone realized that they'd halt sales for such a long gap after just reopening them, but it still sucks. I'm on team get-APs-moving, too!! Hopefully, they're back in time for your trip.

I wonder if the halt is related to the Disneyland lawsuit against limiting reservations for passholders. If that's the case then it's going to be a long time before they bring them back

I wonder if the halt is related to the Disneyland lawsuit against limiting reservations for passholders. If that's the case then it's going to be a long time before they bring them back

I don’t think the problems correlate that much. I have a Dream Key. I got it because it had no blackout dates and I could use it on weekends. We all then quickly learned that if you want to use it on weekends, you need to book reservations 3 months out. And for the first few months, most of us struggled to get any reservations. I specifically got this pass so that I could go on weekends and I was never able to book them. So, for Dream Key holders, it felt like a big waste of money. We all could have just gotten cheaper passes if all we would be able to get were weekdays.

But, Disney made it all very clear in the fine print. So I don’t think this lawsuit stands a chance. I just wish that the Dream Keys had a bigger pool of reservations to pull from. It felt very much like they wanted us to buy single day tickets just to be able to go on weekends.

I’ve gotten use to it now and I book my days 3 months out. Not ideal, but it is what it is.

WDW APs haven’t had the same issue booking reservations that we have (with the exception of October 1st and around the holidays, most days had reservation availability.

So, I don’t think the Disneyland lawsuit has anything to do with the APs sales at WDW.I honestly think it partially has something to with supply & demand. They’re going to get a ton of AP sales when they open them again because people are going to be worried that they won’t be able to get them. It’s like puttting APs in “The Vault”.

They’re going to get a ton of AP sales when they open them again because people are going to be worried that they won’t be able to get them. It’s like puttting APs in “The Vault”.

This is definitely going to make people think twice about buying discounted day tickets with the plan to upgrade on site.

And, the timing matters, too. Lots of DVC and Florida residents use day tickets over Christmas and then, the last day, upgrade into APs that otherwise would have been blacked out during their visit. No one could do that for Christmas 2021.

This is definitely going to make people think twice about buying discounted day tickets with the plan to upgrade on site.

And, the timing matters, too. Lots of DVC and Florida residents use day tickets over Christmas and then, the last day, upgrade into APs that otherwise would have been blacked out during their visit. No one could do that for Christmas 2021.

I didn’t even think about that local aspect of it, that makes total sense.

We are going next week. When we booked last January, AP sales were paused. So we just bought normal tickets. When they went on sale again, there was a lot of confusion about park reservations when switching from day tickets to AP. So our TA told us to wait until we got there.

Never again! When those APs go on sale again, I’m getting them right away. Even if we don’t have a trip booked yet!

I’m hoping that they open sales up again after this bank holiday weekend. 🤞

CM on the phone told me they were paused due to "very high holiday demand".

But, Disney made it all very clear in the fine print. So I don’t think this lawsuit stands a chance.
Fine print is to discourage you from suing. It's not going to be effective in this case and this lawsuit has teeth. You can't sell a product and promise one thing and then use fine print to not deliver even a little bit on what you promised that product to be. This is especially the case given that Disney was still selling day passes on all of these supposedly "sold out" weekends. Disney is almost certainly going to settle this lawsuit.

Fine print is to discourage you from suing. It's not going to be effective in this case and this lawsuit has teeth. You can't sell a product and promise one thing and then use fine print to not deliver even a little bit on what you promised that product to be. This is especially the case given that Disney was still selling day passes on all of these supposedly "sold out" weekends. Disney is almost certainly going to settle this lawsuit.

Fine print--or otherwise know as Terms & Conditions--is absolutely enforceable in contracts. They may change their behavior, and may even settle the suit, but it is a mistake to believe that "fine print" is disposable or unenforceable language.

Fine print--or otherwise know as Terms & Conditions--is absolutely enforceable in contracts. They may change their behavior, and may even settle the suit, but it is a mistake to believe that "fine print" is disposable or unenforceable language.
Well, no point in arguing on the internet, we'll just have to wait and see which one of us ends up being correct.

Well, no point in arguing on the internet, we'll just have to wait and see which one of us ends up being correct.

To be fair, Disney settling doesn't mean that the fine print isn't enforceable. It might just mean that that expensive of continuing the suit, bad press, etc outweigh the cost of a settlement where Disney ends up giving some token to impacted passholders.

You can both be right.

To be fair, Disney settling doesn't mean that the fine print isn't enforceable. It might just mean that that expensive of continuing the suit, bad press, etc outweigh the cost of a settlement where Disney ends up giving some token to impacted passholders.

You can both be right.
Sure, on the other hand, you can't purport to sell something and then stick in the fine print that nobody reads that you are not actually selling the thing you are purporting to sell. That's not how it works.

Sure, on the other hand, you can't purport to sell something and then stick in the fine print that nobody reads that you are not actually selling the thing you are purporting to sell. That's not how it works.
They did say when they released the new passes they would limited in availability.

I'm wondering if they wait until after Easter at this point.

if easter then They may as well wait until after the 4th then Labor Day and so on. They need to start selling them

I struggle to understand how dvc can sell grand Floridian If a major perk of dvc annual passes are not even available for sale. I for one refuse to invest more money until I can get an annual even though I’m chomping at the bit to buy gfv

if easter then They may as well wait until after the 4th then Labor Day and so on. They need to start selling them

I struggle to understand how dvc can sell grand Floridian If a major perk of dvc annual passes are not even available for sale. I for one refuse to invest more money until I can get an annual even though I’m chomping at the bit to buy gfv
Unfortunately, the DVC perks are not guaranteed. The AP used to be a really good deal, like maybe even included a long time ago. Now, it's kind of worthless. This was one reason why we bought resale. I wasn't about to rely upon those perks staying around.

Unfortunately, the DVC perks are not guaranteed. The AP used to be a really good deal, like maybe even included a long time ago. Now, it's kind of worthless. This was one reason why we bought resale. I wasn't about to rely upon those perks staying around.
It’s more than just buying dvc it comes down to how many days I go to Disney. If Disney does not bring back annual passes it will simply mean I stop going more than 1 week a year. Not only will I not buy more dvc points, I’ll stop going to disney. The cost of tickets is Cost prohibitive and roi on my money decreases exponentially

i doubt I’m alone on this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter