Funniest comments you've overheard in WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanksgiving weekend we were having breakfast at Whispering Canyon.A family from the UK was seated at the table beside us.The son who was 8 or 9 wolfed down a stack of pancakes a side of bacon a glass of milk and a glass of juice before his parents could get a fork into their first egg!
The whole time between bites he was telling them to hurry up or they were going to be late ( at this point we didnt know late to where or for what ).So they hurry to finish up and leave.We finished about 5minutes after them and headed for the bus for AK.
Well they are going to AK also, their son was spinning circles and doing handsprings ( probably from all the maple syrup ).We get on the bus and 5 minutes into the ride the son says " DAD I'm BORED" Well the dad replies in a calm and wonderful rich british accent " Son if your going to be bored at Disney, you may as well commit suicide". I about fell off my seat!:lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I am going to counselor-he** for laughing at that!

Some more of our funny moments at recent trip to WDW-

We were at Universal Studios IOA and were leaving for the day. Dad suggested stopping at Jimmy Buffet's for a marguarita (side note- I got carded! I'm 40!!) We got a seat on the brightly decorated adirondak chairs outside the restaurant and enjoyed our marguaritas. We saw a bunch of tibetan (?) monks dressed in bright orange togas walking towards us. I thought of taking a picture but it would have been too obvious. Imagine our surprise when one of them walked by and took our picture!! He smiled and nodded his head as he walked away. I guess we looked as different to him as he was to us!

:lmao: :rotfl2:

Too funny!!

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

A couple years ago while in line at IASW, we were watching this family in front of us. It was a mom, dad, and son around 5 years old. The son was eating some cookies out of a bag and the dad was watching him eat every bite. The little fellow was not letting up on the cookies and the dad was just about to lick his lips waiting for the son to get full so he could have some. All of a sudden, the son drops a cookie on the ground... the dad bends over, picks up the cookie, quickly shoves it in his mouth, and states "five second rule!!!" My DS and DD looked down at how nasty the ground was and almost lost their lunch!!! Their eyes were huge and they were just staring at me like "did that really just happen?" All I could do was laugh. I laughed all the way through the ride!!!!

Not at the parks, but going on the boards planning our WDW trip!

And I quote, "You mean there is an entire board devoted to people who like vacationing at Disney World?"

I didn't have the heart to tell him that there are A LOT more than just one! :rotfl:

DH and I were in Italy last Thursday morning and heard a mom say to her little kids of around 4-5 "Someone please hold mommy's beer so I can push the stroller". I just about died after hearing that.

Later in EPCOT, we heard a young boy tell his mom "Mommy Test Track's open b/c I hear screaming". We cracked up laughing and the kid couldn't figure out what we were laughing at.

christyd2
Earning My Ears

Posts: 21 Not at the parks, but going on the boards planning our WDW trip!

And I quote, "You mean there is an entire board devoted to people who like vacationing at Disney World?"

I didn't have the heart to tell him that there are A LOT more than just one!

I love it

We just got back yesterday and one that stood out was at Epcot. We were eating Mickey Bars and people watching and took notice to his 2 kids bickering back and forth while the Dad paid no attention to them. It look like they were waiting for other family members. Well all of a sudden the boy (about 10ish) hit his sister (about 7ish) and of course she started to cry LOUDLY as dramatic as possible. He didn't hit her hard and the Dad didn't see but he DID hit her. Anyway, the Dad said he had it with him and was going to take away his arcade card when they got back to the hotel. The boy started pleading his case. His best quote:

"Dad, honestly I didn't hit her. Dad, really I didn't do it. I swear. I may hit her at home but why would I ever hit her in Disneyworld. Really, Dad why would I do that. Dad, think about it for a minute PLEASE. I didn't hit her here, only at home......."

He went on for about 5 minutes straight while the Dad ignored him and then he started to cry. Now the dad had 2 crying kids. :rotfl:
oh, that so could have been My DH and kids....I wish they were always angels when id WDW!!!!
This isn't necessarily a funny comment, but something another guest told me happened to him which I thought was great. He was leaving a theme park (can't remember which one) after a full day in the park, and all he wanted to do was grab Disney transportation back to his hotel. Well, he wasn't watching where he was going and it was late, so he climbed onto the first Disney bus he saw in the parking lot. When he looked up, he noticed every single seat had a CM dressed as Mickey Mouse in it, and they were all holding their "heads" in one arm. Nobody said anything for a few seconds, and then he volunteers "Soooo....I guess you're not going back to my hotel then, are you?"

This seems less funny when I type it out, and maybe you had to be there, but to hear this guest tell that story made me laugh very, very hard. It's not every day you see something like that. I can't imagine where all those Mickeys were going though!

Ohhh....That's Hillarious! It's a good thing he didn't have any kids with them! I'm actually surprised that the driver let a guest on that bus!

2. I was in AK looking at the American Alligators that they have in Dinoland. There were many people standing around, and nobody believed that they were real. I tried to tell people that, yes, in fact these were real alligators. Finally I heard a dad say to his son "these aren't real, they are those Animal-tronic things like in the Hall of Presidents" :scared1: .

Actually, the alligators are real... but so are the presidents. I'm pretty sure they're all clones. :lmao:

We were heading out the walkway between the World Showcase and Future world after Illuminations, and ahead of us was a group chatting away in beautiful British accents.
The one gentleman had a VERY distinctive voice, and it kept catching my ear, though I couldn't figure out why.
What he was saying was basic chit chat, so nothing too hilarious, but I kept hearing him above the crowd and noticing him.

Finally, my dh bends down to my ear, and in a PERFECT imitation of the man's voice says:
"If you want an English muffin, they literally hand you a toasted muffin with butter and jam. Ooo, tasty."
I just lost it, because, indeed, the man we kept hearing sounded EXACTLY like the GEICO gecko. :lmao:

Love that gecko, AND British accents! :thumbsup2

On Saturday we were going through the security check at EPCOT. The guy across the table from me says to his wife " After this we'll head to MK so we can catch the boat over to the AK."

I just heard the funniest one on this last trip. We were in the stretching room of the Haunted Mansion, and obviously this one little boy, about 7 yo, wasn't too sure of the whole situation. The CM was just standing there, looking his "dour-ly" HM self. The little boy, with eyes wide, asked Mom, "Is that a real person?" I thought that was so cute!

Just returned from WDW Saturday and had a three-year old on this trip - he kept us laughing the whole trip. My favorite: on the way to our room at AKL I asked who had the key to the room - he replied "you don't have a key you have a debit card!" Too funny - the rest of the trip we used our "debit card" to open the door. :rotfl:

Thanksgiving weekend we were having breakfast at Whispering Canyon.A family from the UK was seated at the table beside us.The son who was 8 or 9 wolfed down a stack of pancakes a side of bacon a glass of milk and a glass of juice before his parents could get a fork into their first egg!
The whole time between bites he was telling them to hurry up or they were going to be late ( at this point we didnt know late to where or for what ).So they hurry to finish up and leave.We finished about 5minutes after them and headed for the bus for AK.
Well they are going to AK also, their son was spinning circles and doing handsprings ( probably from all the maple syrup ).We get on the bus and 5 minutes into the ride the son says " DAD I'm BORED" Well the dad replies in a calm and wonderful rich british accent " Son if your going to be bored at Disney, you may as well commit suicide". I about fell off my seat!:lmao:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

That's AWESOME. I love it. :rotfl2:

In November, waiting for the Hall of Presidents, we overheard a young lad (about 9 maybe) ask his "learned" friend (also about 9!), "What's so great about this Abraham Lincoln fellow anyway?"!!!!!
Now, I'm not from the US, but I figured that by 9 he should have known a little about Lincoln!!!! We weren't able to hear the response, unfortunately!!
We just looked at each other and laughed!!

Heather :upsidedow

In November, waiting for the Hall of Presidents, we overheard a young lad (about 9 maybe) ask his "learned" friend (also about 9!), "What's so great about this Abraham Lincoln fellow anyway?"!!!!!
Now, I'm not from the US, but I figured that by 9 he should have known a little about Lincoln!!!! We weren't able to hear the response, unfortunately!!
We just looked at each other and laughed!!

Heather :upsidedow

hehe, i understand what you mean, yay for aussies :)

Last Monday we were all loading up on a tram at the Animal Kingdom for the ride to the front gate. A young man [4 year old] was there with his parents and grandparents. He got on the tram and looked around and said 'This place is full of old people".

Heard at Soarin' last week: "it's amazing, you take your shoes off and when the rides over they come back right where they were!".

We were at WDW the day POTC: At World's End went on sale, so DH and my dad went to DTD to buy the DVD and get the cool loot. They went over about 5:30--doors at WOD opened at 6:30. Lots of cool stuff like photos with Captain Jack, a pirate band, etc. . . Anyway, there was a special line just for annual passholders (probably always is, this was our first special event) DH and Dad were in the regular line. Right at 6:30, they hear this loud voice from behind them, "Annual passholder, step aside! Annual passholder, coming through!" This skinny little dude on a ECV (no flames, it is pertinent to the story later) apparently thought he was the ONLY annual passholder at the event and kept trying to go straight to the front door. He finally begrudgingly accepted his place at the end of the annual passholder line after much arguing and questioning of just about everyone else in the annual passholder line. BUT, he kept running his ECV into the back of the lady in front of him. Over and over he about knocked her down. Finally, her husband, who was in front of her in line, got p---ed and they traded places. Mr. Only Annual Passholder on the Planet freaked out!! "Are you an annual passholder??? I am an annual passholder and there was a woman in front of me. Where did you come from??? Are you an annual passholder because I am. Where did that woman go and why are you here??? Did you cut line, are you an annual passholder???" This dude was apparently a real piece of work. DH and my Dad laughed and laughed, but it probably wasn't so funny to the AP couple on the receiving end of his antics. Hopefully they can laugh about it now that it is over.

After one week at Disney (everyone's first trip), I must say the best line was this

On the bus back to Shades of Green, an older veteran turned to his wife and said "You know, the problem with Disney is that is has become TOO commercialized".........

Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter