Fun celeb siting the other day! Who have you seen lately?

We are so out of touch with current stars. Every time we see a celebrity we only know because we hear other people saying "oh looks it's "so-&so"" and we say "who?" lol.
Case in point, back in 2015 we were at the Minnie & Friends breakfast at the Plaza Inn. Heard a lady fawning over some people who we were sitting next to. I had to send a picture to my teenage nieces to figure out it was Ryker Lynch (still have no clue who he is, or even which one he is in this picture, lol).

IMG_1520.jpg

Donny Osmond, Wil Wheaton, Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas, Dick Van Dyke, Diane Disney Miller (got her autograph) Rupert Grint, Emma Watson (when they were dating), but my favorite was probably Cast Member Matt (Ouimet).

Most recently Alyssa Milano and Nigel Lythgoe - not together, different days, both were with plaids.

I generally glance over to see if I recognize anyone with a plaid, but now that they also do the paid tours, you never know if it's a VIP or a VDP (very deep pockets). Plus I'm pretty oblivious when it comes to celebrities. Case in point: I MIGHT recognize maybe 50% of the celebs mentioned so far in this post; the other 50% or so, not a chance.

My daughter swears she saw Mark Rubin exiting Racers a few years ago. Other than that I can't say I have ever seen a celeb at Disneyland. Not really looking for them either.

I generally glance over to see if I recognize anyone with a plaid, but now that they also do the paid tours, you never know if it's a VIP or a VDP (very deep pockets)
Just to clarify, they have always done "paid tours". And prior to 5 years ago or so, you didn't need "VDP" to use a guide. When we started using them, it was closer to $60 an hour. Prices went up steeply in 2012.

I got to have a nice conversation with Ben Schwartz (Jean Ralphio from Parks & Rec) last year at Club 33. I was all starstruck getting to talk to him, and he was super excited and geeking out because he was in Club 33. He was really funny and nice as can be, totally unlike every character I've seen him play.

Just to clarify, they have always done "paid tours". And prior to 5 years ago or so, you didn't need "VDP" to use a guide. When we started using them, it was closer to $60 an hour. Prices went up steeply in 2012.

$60 an hour? Wow, I'd be doing one every trip for that. They obviously way underestimated what people were willing to pay. It seems like when we did it, it was closer to $400 an hour, but I don't remember for sure.

On the Sunday of the last D23 we saw Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas, and Lana Parrilla (Once Upon a Time) in Storyteller's Café. They were with a few other people and a few plaids in the side room to the left when you are facing the buffet.

Sean Astin was outside the bathrooms with a plaid, waiting for his family and I happened to be waiting for mine. I wasn't going to approach him, but he is my son's favorite (Samwise from LOTR). We had gone to see his talk at the expo for the Disney Marathon earlier that day and my son was so excited. SO, when my kiddo came out of the bathroom I took him over and Sean was extremely kind. He took a picture with my son and chatted with him for a few minutes. It was a lovely experience.

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 144
We are so out of touch with current stars. Every time we see a celebrity we only know because we hear other people saying "oh looks it's "so-&so"" and we say "who?" lol.
Case in point, back in 2015 we were at the Minnie & Friends breakfast at the Plaza Inn. Heard a lady fawning over some people who we were sitting next to. I had to send a picture to my teenage nieces to figure out it was Ryker Lynch (still have no clue who he is, or even which one he is in this picture, lol).

This is so me. We walked right by a Kardashian in DTD. She was pushing a double stroller and had a plaid. Because of the plaid I stared, but didn't recognize any of her party. After we passed my DD informs me who it was.

We also passed right by Michael Buble, with his then fiancé, now wife. Again, with a plaid and I didn't recognize him. My DD was star struck, said Hi, (in an I-can't-breath type squeal) and he said "Hi Princess" back to her. DD was on cloud 9 for a while.

This is so me. We walked right by a Kardashian in DTD. She was pushing a double stroller and had a plaid. Because of the plaid I stared, but didn't recognize any of her party. After we passed my DD informs me who it was.

We also passed right by Michael Buble, with his then fiancé, now wife. Again, with a plaid and I didn't recognize him. My DD was star struck, said Hi, (in an I-can't-breath type squeal) and he said "Hi Princess" back to her. DD was on cloud 9 for a while.
This would so be me. Have no clue who a "celebrity" is. For me, seeing someone outside of their normal surroundings. I see "normal" people from my day to day life but can't figure out who they are unless they are where they are suppose to be (ie bank, grocery store, starbucks).

This would so be me. Have no clue who a "celebrity" is. For me, seeing someone outside of their normal surroundings. I see "normal" people from my day to day life but can't figure out who they are unless they are where they are suppose to be (ie bank, grocery store, starbucks).

LOL that happens to me all the time!

I LOVE Michael Buble! What a great story :)

$60 an hour? Wow, I'd be doing one every trip for that. They obviously way underestimated what people were willing to pay. It seems like when we did it, it was closer to $400 an hour, but I don't remember for sure.
Even in 2012, it was only $175 hour. (Just looked back on stuff.) Supply and demand!

I stood a few feet from Louis CK in line for Peter Pan a while back. He was not with a plaid and it seemed nobody recognized him except me. We stood in line for about 30 minutes and I didn't see a single person speak to him. Of course, I didn't speak to him, either, so there may have been other people who recognized him but just decided to leave him alone. No gawking crowds for him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter