Free dining - upgrade?

mpstm

Earning My Ears
DH & I are considering our 1st trip to Disney without kids (they're all grown up). Looking to stay 5 or 6 nights, sometime between late August or September 2010. I noticed the "free dining" ads, and I know that this is a really good deal. My question is: Does anyone know if you can "upgrade" the free dining plan to either the "Premium or Platnium" plan? If so, what is the cost, and IS IT WORTH IT. We've taken several "all-inclusives", but never to Disney.

Last year we upgraded our free dining to the deluxe dining plan and paid the difference; it was about $30 per person per day.

For 2 adults often the savings of a discount is better. For example, we are staying at YC with a 40% off discount. The discount translates to >$100 a night. If we had paid rack rate and gotten 'free' dining, we would have gotten less of a discount

Research all discounts available and see if 'free' dining is the best dining

In regards to the packages, also research this, The price for Platinum is very high and unless you use all the perks, you will not come out ahead.

Depends on how much downtime you like and how much scheduled time you like

Upgrading basic to deluxe in a non-peak season is $30 per adult per night.

You can't upgrade the free dining plan to Premium or Platinum. They are not Disney Dining Plans. They are in a different category. Deluxe is the highest you can go.

maybe I'm confused, but according to this thread, post 1, the upgrade from QSP to the DDP is $10 per adult, and $2 per child per day.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342665

Not sure what you are confused about. The other posters were talking about upgrading to Deluxe dining for $30/day (not the regular DDP) and also about the Premium/Platinum plans which is an entirely different thing (and not possible). The OP was asking about upgrading from the free regular DDP to a Platinum plan.

No one was discussing Quick Service to Regular DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter