Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!! Dates Confirmed!!! ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are booked at AoA and wanting to switch to POP on Thursday. Our dates are Nov 16-22...what are our chances of getting a room? Our 2nd and 3rd choices are POR and CS but we are realllllly hoping for POP!

Pop is pretty big and you are in before the hoards of Thanksgiving visitors arrive, so I think it should work out. But never can tell 100% until you have it officially booked.

Hey guys, we had nearly 222,500 views on part 1...that's incredible for only a couple weeks time. :thumbsup2

Oh, and I am in chat....

Oh goody, a new thread:cool1::cool1: I don't understand chip and company's site. What resort's are excluded from the ro discounts. It looks like he never finished what he was trying to say.

If POFQ has availability for the dates you want to book would they let you book it with FD? Seems like they would, as it would be another room filled. All room categories there are available Thanksgiving week. Fingers crossed they change their mind on POFQ!

It all depends on how the resorts are and is it worth the stay? I believe it is better to get the regular dining plan since that is part of the deal.:3dglasses

If POFQ has availability for the dates you want to book would they let you book it with FD? Seems like they would, as it would be another room filled. All room categories there are available Thanksgiving week. Fingers crossed they change their mind on POFQ!

If it's explicitly excluded, it's doubtful....but ya know what, it never ever hurts to ask, even if you're 99% sure the answer will be no.

Ok so I had a few back ups but that isn't going to be the case with the new exclusions.....What are some rooms other that AoA that can fit 5 people and will be included in the meal plan?

Port Orleans Riverside and All-Star Movies suites. You might also consider two connecting rooms at a value. Of course, most deluxes hold five.

So in the two weeks since the original leak, there has been some additional exclusions. Chip (in one of his many edits this morning) posted some of it; however, this is not where I got this information.

New Exclusions for free dining:

Art of Animation
All Star Movies
Port Orleans French Quarter

Disappointing but not totally unexpected given that the PIN codes have been booking free dining this entire time....and those are the most popular places.

Ack!! Wow, ASMo was my 2nd choice after Pop. Wow, hope I can get Pop as not really wanting ASMu...nor ASSports because of the food court issues. Come on Thursday before anything else changes!

Free dining will be extended beyond September.

Bookings for these dates will begin August 1.

The dates are below:

September 29 - October 2
October 18 - November 2
November 11 - 23
December 12 - 22

Some Resorts are excluded. These include: Art of Animation, All Star Movies, Port Orleans French Quarter, Campsites at Ft. Wilderness, and 3-bedroom villas. A 3 night minimum stay (14 night maximum) and two day minimum park ticket is required for each person in the party.

Disney Value Resorts ~ Quick Service Dining Plan Included
(can be upgraded to regular plan)
All-Star Music Resort
All-Star Sports Resort
Pop Century Resort

Moderate Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Carribean Beach Resort
Coronado Springs Resort
Port Orleans Resort Riverside

Deluxe Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
BoardWalk Inn
Contemporary Resort
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Polynesian Resort
Wilderness Lodge

Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Bay Lake Tower
Animal Kingdom Villas
Beach Club Villas
BoardWalk Villas
Old Key West Resort
Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
The Villas at Disneys Wilderness Lodge
Fort Wilderness Cabins

A word of thanks as well to Dave at **************. He and I have had continued discussions on this topic for some time and shared much insight on the Free Dining promotions both in September and beyond.

what about ro discounts??????????:worship::worship::worship:

I know it's been asked before but is there an advantage to doing my ressie now and then calling and adding the free dining to it??

I think the most likely way for POFQ to be added in the future is after people with reservations there start moving to get free dining elsewhere.

glenpreece said:
I know it's been asked before but is there an advantage to doing my ressie now and then calling and adding the free dining to it??

No unfortunately.....a current reservation doesn't guarantee fd for that resort. You may have to change, so have a back up and a back up to your back up :)

Thursday can't get here quick enough....If this goes on any longer, I don't know if my blood pressure can take it..LOL ...I currently have reservations at Movies with Dining- but I just emailed my TA and told her that if Movies is excluded on Thursday to changes my reservations to Port Orleans for the free dining....Going Nov 11-16...Was there last year around the same time and was able to take advantage of the free dining then....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter