Free Dining in November

I heard this is no longer the case...here is my confusion. Hope someone could help clear it up.
If my trip extends beyond the promo I have to pay for those extended days...correct?

I have not heard that. As long as your checkin date falls within the promo, you should be good for up to 14 days (14 days has been the past promo...could be less when the next one rolls out...if there is a next one)

if my trip is the 9th to the 15th and free dining starts on the 10th?

You would not get free dining, because your checkin date is outside the promo dates. What you could do is get a room only reservation for the 9th, then begin your FD package stay on the 10th....again, assuming there is a FD package.

My understanding is still that as long as you check in during the promo, you get it for the whole trip.

That check-in date was blacked out this past year. FD dates this past year in November were 11/15-11/21 and 11/26-11/28. Your check-in date also includes part of "Jersey Week" (11/6-11/12), which has been blacked out in the past.
Those are exactly the dates I am planning to go! I'm a newbie here, so if I understand this right, it doesn't matter the dates you are there or when you leave; what determines free dining is when you arrive? So while I'm thinking about booking 11/11, to 11/18 it would be better to book 11/15 to 11/22 to receive free dining?

So I am from Jersey and because the schools have become such Authoritarian Lunatics about attendance I am forced to do at least part of my trip during Jersey Week. I am booked the 8th - 15th. Hoping to get free dining piggy backed on my stay by qualifying for at least one night. Now I'm thinking it might be better to do November 3rd - 10th. Don't usually do dining but feeding two teenagers has gotten to the point that it makes sense. Any thoughts on which way would be best to qualify?

So I am from Jersey and because the schools have become such Authoritarian Lunatics about attendance I am forced to do at least part of my trip during Jersey Week. I am booked the 8th - 15th. Hoping to get free dining piggy backed on my stay by qualifying for at least one night. Now I'm thinking it might be better to do November 3rd - 10th. Don't usually do dining but feeding two teenagers has gotten to the point that it makes sense. Any thoughts on which way would be best to qualify?

It is very hard to say. But if you look historically, odds are slim it will be available during that time frame. Last year all of October and the first two weeks of November were blacked out.

I know this doesn't help with your question :rolleyes1, but I live in Oregon and I keep hearing about "Jersey week". What week is it? Are they celebrating something? Does it really make the parks a lot busier? Is it only New Jersey or is it all NE schools? Thanks! I'm trying to decide what week to go. I want to go after Halloween, but before Thanksgiving.

Jersey Week this year is November 9th and 10th. It is the New Jersey Teachers Associations Convention that is typically held in Atlantic City. Teachers are supposed to attend for professional development. In my district, very few do. All public schools in New Jersey are closed for the long weekend. Of course, all the airlines have taken note and flights are 3x what they are a week later. Makes me crazy. Unfortunately, DS will be a junior and my DD will be a freshman. Where did the time go??? Even though they are both honors students they are heavily pressured not to take any time off. I traditionally went right after Jersey Week so I can't speak to the crowds now - but we have overlapped previous years and it wasn't crazy busy. Of course, the next week is our favorite. So slow we stay in the Parks until closing and just ride whatever we want with no wait!

Jersey Week this year is November 9th and 10th. It is the New Jersey Teachers Associations Convention that is typically held in Atlantic City. Teachers are supposed to attend for professional development. In my district, very few do. All public schools in New Jersey are closed for the long weekend. Of course, all the airlines have taken note and flights are 3x what they are a week later. Makes me crazy. Unfortunately, DS will be a junior and my DD will be a freshman. Where did the time go??? Even though they are both honors students they are heavily pressured not to take any time off. I traditionally went right after Jersey Week so I can't speak to the crowds now - but we have overlapped previous years and it wasn't crazy busy. Of course, the next week is our favorite. So slow we stay in the Parks until closing and just ride whatever we want with no wait!
Thank-you for answering my questions! I'm planning a trip from the 11th to the 18th because I figured it would be slow, because it's the week before Thanksgiving. Since we'll be traveling all day Saturday the 11th I think we'll take the first day, the 12th, to enjoy the resort and get on Eastern time. I would imagine that by Monday the 13th the Jersey kids would be clearing out so that it "should" be quiet. I guess, I'll find out!
Yes, when I've taken my son, who's only 4th grade, out to go to Disneyland you would think I was the worst parent ever!!! So I bet it's especially bad in HS!

Hoping for free dining here too. We are planning for a few days before thanksgiving and a few days after. Would be willing to switch to the Monday before for free dining! pixiedust:

We were looking at going the 13th through the 21st. Based on history and Jersey Week being the week before does anyone have any insight or good vibes that we might be able to get free dining? SO nervous about that. It would help immensely with our budget! thanks for any advice/recommendations!

We were looking at going the 13th through the 21st. Based on history and Jersey Week being the week before does anyone have any insight or good vibes that we might be able to get free dining? SO nervous about that. It would help immensely with our budget! thanks for any advice/recommendations!
November 13th is the last day of Food & Wine, so it will probably still be in the blackout period...that is IF free dining is offered at all. I'd suggest arriving on the 14th, instead. OR make two separate reservations...one for the 13th and another for the 14th thru the remainder of your trip that you might be able to apply free dining to.

What is the cost to upgrade from free dining counter service plan to the table service plan?
I think it is generally the price difference between the two plans.

Last time we did the upgrade. It was less expensive to stay at the value and upgrade than it was to switch to a mod.

So...Jersey Week is November 9 and 10th this year. Food and Wine ends November 13th. What do you think the odds are if I check in November 14th for one week we will get Free Dining? Also, DH coming down later in week. He does not do the parks except for maybe one day. Usually golfs a Disney course 1 day. He has 2 park hopper tix attached to his "account". Looking for the kids and I to do FD but will DH coming later in week mess us up? He doesn't want to be in on our package etc.

I don't know about other discounts, but the BB discounts were blacked out for all of October and November this year. I would book a back up affordable resort if wanting to stay on site and switch to free dining if it becomes available. I am afraid that affordable options will be all booked and discounts/free dining limited (at best) in November.

It is being reported (informed speculation) on sites that require membership (so I can't post link) that FD will not be offered in Oct, beginning of Nov, and not as close to Thanksgiving as it was last year, if Nov is included at all.

Last year DHS was pretty much cut in half with no Osborne Lights. This year with Pandora, more crowds are expected. Plus with the construction at CBR and CS the number of rooms in inventory will be less.

I don't know about other discounts, but the BB discounts were blacked out for all of October and November this year. I would book a back up affordable resort if wanting to stay on site and switch to free dining if it becomes available. I am afraid that affordable options will be all booked and discounts/free dining limited (at best) in November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!