Free dining - changing to mod??? help please!

staceylynnga

Mouseketeer
We (family of 4) are currently reserved for 7 nights (8/27 - 9/3) at Pop Century - we currently have the Kids Stay and Play deal for my near 4 year old (we also have a 15 month old who will be 19 months during out trip).

Since the free dining offer is coming out Monday, it seems if we change our plan to free dining, we can upgrade to a moderate and our price would be the same. The only thing is we'd have to do 6 nights beginning 8/28 (not a big deal - we are driving and the 27th was a driving day so we don't mind booking an off property hotel for 1 night on priceline, etc). I have never stayed at any of the Moderates so am fairly open.

Considering these variables - I will be 29 weeks pregnant at the time of our trip, we are driving so we may decide to drive to the parks vs the busses b/c of the double stroller, we have 2 young sons.

Would love suggestions and "why" to choose CBR, CSR, POR, or POFQ.

Also - has anyone done this when new offers come out and is it easy enough to change the reservation under the new promo?

Thanks!

POFQ is our family's favorite mod resort. It's smallest DW resort so it's easy walk to pool, main building, bus stop etc. Also you could use all the amenities at POR since it's sister resort. The pool has nicely themed Sea Serpent slide and I'm pretty sure your little ones would enjoy that. There is nice boat ride to DTD (even if I have car, I prefer taking the boat to DTD). Also, POFQ just got refurbished (finished Apr) so new furnishings with queen size beds. :thumbsup2 You could look that up on http://www.portorleans.org/
In fact, our trip this Sept, we are going back to POFQ. :goodvibes

I would say POFQ. We haven't stayed there yet. Wanted to go t changed it on 2 trips due to some issues. But that is a smaller resort and will be better to get around. I second everything mousegear said. I personally would take the bus & boats. You will find yourself possibly walking a lot for your car. Your pregnant- people will get up for you :) And as much as I love CBR and trying CSR, if I were you, go POFQ..As for new offers, as long as you didn't pay in full, your fine

We've only stayed at the CSR (nine times); however, we have visited them all. If you want something small and compact, then go with the POFQ (the pool is good for little ones). The CBR also has a great pirate themed pool with a zero entry level pool for little ones and a pirate play area; however, the CBR is the largest of the moderates and you might want to pay preferred (although we find the talk of "long walks" extremely overexaggerated). To us, the CSR has the best playground area of all Disney resorts and the playground is located near the main pool. The POR is undergoing a rehab shortly to get queen beds (which CSR already had and the POFQ just got). Have fun deciding.

We drive to WDW. And we drive to the parks- it's easier for us with strollers vs buses...

We stayed at POR and loved it there. The boys were 5 and 18 months- we were near a quiet pool and one evening we went to the island for the larger pool. We also did CBR- boys were 6 and 2.5 years old. It was HUGE. We lucked out that our building was so close to our car. It was a hike to all the main activity areas. Beautiful but huge... I've heard buses there can be tough somedays...

just an FYI - If you are talking about the Disney Visa offer, you may not be saving much because you have to buy the photopass book and that's $100.

I've been able to change offers when a better promo comes out.

We love the mods, stayed at CBR & POR. At CBR we were in Jamaica, a great location without paying preferred.

At POR we like the mansion section. POR is our fav, because it has a little more to offer with a boat to DTD, horse & carriage rides, cane fishing, and evening family entertainment in the lounge. Both POR & FQ have the evening entertainment.

I prefer POR because they have quiet pools, and FQ doesn't. But for you family with little ones, FQ is smaller, which may be important to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter