Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
On phone now... Using D365N

I just called them using that code and they confirmed that it was a valid code but said the offer is not live yet. They could not do anything with it today. Let us know if you have better luck!

I called Chase. They offered the information up quite freely and gave me two codes. I called the number they gave me. The CM said three or four times they do not have any free dining promotions out yet.

It sounds to me that the computer is set up to take it, but that it depends on the CM whether they will even input it. I can respect those who do not want to try it if they have been told not it is not available yet. But I hope with enough calls, they'll give the CMs the okay to go ahead with it, just for consistency sake.

I just called Chase and the man wouldn't give me the code, but he did say there was an email going out tonight to everyone about the offer. He said the offer starts tomorrow and that as long as you have an account with your card on it on the Disney site that you will get the email tonight. :confused3

Glad I saw the link! I don't know why, but this is taking over my life!!

DH is a bit worried about our budget (we had twins last may, and then our at home daycare provider quit out of the blue, so now we're in a daycare center - which is double what we were paying...), and insists that we have to try to go during the free dining in order to be able to afford to go. We were going to go with one set of friends, but they only want to go in October (during the blackout dates), our other friends want to go in January, and our third set of friends with kids want to go the last full week of August! I can't win!! (We'd like to go with friends, so we have some help with our kids and the crazy chaos is spread among 4 adults...)

So, we'll see what tomorrow brings...

I would assume so as well. My Debit Rewards CSR is now checking with the DV CC division about that pin code.

They received the info just right now

DEBIT CARDS FOR DISNEY IS 5/2/14

MOD IS D365N
VALUE is V973K

call 407-939-7795

I'm assuming that's for debit and CC. Looks like the start date is tomorrow for sure.

Im so confused. I literally just called Disney with that same code (D365N) and was told it was invalid. I don't understand why they are so inconsistent today. Should I try again?
honestly that's what I'm scared about. They told me it was valid yesterday and that they are valid. If they're going to play that when I call I'm asking for a supervisor. Lol this is getting nuts!

Disney Addict and not looking for rehab!!

Im so confused. I literally just called Disney with that same code (D365N) and was told it was invalid. I don't understand why they are so inconsistent today. Should I try again?

Yes... When they answered I said, "I have a code I'd like to apply to my reservation." I said nothing about free dining....

I'm assuming that's for debit and CC. Looks like the start date is tomorrow for sure.

No this Chase member just went thru alot to get me this answer. Disney Debit starts tomorrow. Chase DV just got released at 1pm EST. I heard the manager in the back word for word.

Yes... When they answered I said, "I have a code I'd like to apply to my reservation." I said nothing about free dining....

Ah, so the code is active, but CM's just won't allow it. You had a CM that wasn't paying attention. Glad it worked out for you!

Exactly what I said. I said Chase gave me a code I'd like to apply. LONG pause followed by UHHHHH.......then said she typed the code. But maybe she didn't?:confused3 Told me no-invalid code. Oh well, I guess at least I have the code for tomorrow.

So, we have confirmation from a Disney CM and confirmation from Chase that the DV FD offer will be out at 7AM on May 2nd, 2014. That's good enough for me. Sounds like a few people have been able to trickle through and get the offer today. But I am confident that tomorrow morning there will be a Free Dining offer made available to Disney Chase Visa holders. Sounds like the General public offer will follow on May 7th. This is great news!

That would stink for those of us with the dreaded "Family of Five" traveling party! :sad1:
Although. Two value rooms work out "OK", the savings are minimal for us unless it's for the FD and staying at POR. :snooty:

I agree, I just priced out 2 rooms at Pop and with us paying to upgrade to the regular DP, it comes out to almost $1000 more than it would if we could stay at POR. (we have a 10 year old).

I know some have said that the price difference is minimal, so maybe my math is wrong but here is what I came up with, please tell me I'm wrong somewhere:

2 rooms at Pop for 10 nights: $2588
9 day PH: $2109
Upgrading to regular DP: $Around $660 (I rounded Up)
Total: $5357

Vs.

POR, with all of that but just 1 room: $4326

I am grateful for any discount but we really need POR.

Honestly this is what I am afraid of, only the CBR and CSR are available for the moderates FD. So I feel like they will all be gone, or I am going to have to pay on extra 50 a night for a preferred. This is very frustrating because honestly I cant afford Deluxe, and I cant stand to stay Value (I have tried, and was always miserable).

This is me!

Thanks Carla. I actually did just that - told them I had a code I'd like to use to book a reservation, and he typed it in and said it was invalid. Oh well, I guess it's not worth worrying about, as clearly the deal is coming. I was just hoping to avoid another early morning on the phone :) Guess I better fire up the coffee pot...:coffee:

Exactly what I said. I said Chase gave me a code I'd like to apply. LONG pause followed by UHHHHH.......then said she typed the code. But maybe she didn't?:confused3 Told me no-invalid code. Oh well, I guess at least I have the code for tomorrow.

Exactly...I am happy with that.

Thanks Joe for all you did and thanks to everyone that called and got the code!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter