Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are now claiming it is not all Disney VISA Chase cards who are getting the promotion with my on the phone. It is all getting very frustrating being told by Chase now my card is being excluded for the free dining. :sad1:
Ya, after reading about the code previously being used today, I called Chase (but have a Debit, not Credit card). Was told that it may be just for Credit card holders, not Debit card holders). urgh. HOPING that they just didn't know and more people are getting their pixie dust today. Still holding out for tomorrow but today has been a whirlwind with exclusions, date changes, inclusions, etc. Thankful to Black and others that keep feeding us with information even when we are a little crazy today;) Hoping tomorrow is a full day of celebrations for everyone (including us Debit card holders).

Does anyone happen to know if the Chase Disney Debit card allows you to book The promotion early? Or is it just the credit card? Thanks!

Ya, after reading about the code previously being used today, I called Chase (but have a Debit, not Credit card). Was told that it may be just for Credit card holders, not Debit card holders). urgh. HOPING that they just didn't know and more people are getting their pixie dust today. Still holding out for tomorrow but today has been a whirlwind with exclusions, date changes, inclusions, etc. Thankful to Black and others that keep feeding us with information even when we are a little crazy today;) Hoping tomorrow is a full day of celebrations for everyone (including us Debit card holders).

Disney would have to be policing whether or not it was a debit card. Wouldn't we have heard about this restriction? I'm guessing so.

Yes, we do this all the time. We drive all night and usually arrive 3-4 am and we want a room when we get there. I do always call and let them know we are driving and our room is always waiting when we get there.
Thanks for the quick reply! So if the last day for free dining is November 1st and we boom it but don't arrive until the 2nd. We would still get free dining for our trip! Sorry, but I need to make sure or I have to leave earlier and my dd will have to miss Halloween at home.....

This is just what I was told. I said I get the same perks as the CC. I just have too many Chase other cards to get the Disney one so Instead of closing my freedom and Saphire I was told to change my debit to the Disney and I would get the same things. I get Chase invites all the time. I got the one in March.

So if DV FD offer is released now/tomorrow, how reduced will the availability be by the time it is release to the GP on Wednesday?

Thanks for the quick reply! So if the last day for free dining is November 1st and we boom it but don't arrive until the 2nd. We would still get free dining for our trip! Sorry, but I need to make sure or I have to leave earlier and my dd will have to miss Halloween at home.....

I would call the resort on the first and stay in contact with them and let them know your on your way. Imagine they have this problem all the time with flight delays and so on. I know Dec 2012 a lady at the pool got delayed by a big snow storm over a day and her room was waiting on her she said, they even were able to extend her days (thats not always guaranteed so she was really lucky) with the FD. Just stay in contact with a resort manager and you should be fine.

We had another time driving that an accident delayed us for hours. The kids were little then and were just wipped out. We called the resort and they were able to hold room for us so we just got off an exit and got a room in Georgia for the night. Drove in the next day and had no problem checking in.

I just emailed my TA the code and phone nbr (I called chase as well to confirm and they told me it could be booked starting today)
Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for pixie dust! :)

So if DV FD offer is released now/tomorrow, how reduced will the availability be by the time it is release to the GP on Wednesday?

Honestly this is what I am afraid of, only the CBR and CSR are available for the moderates FD. So I feel like they will all be gone, or I am going to have to pay on extra 50 a night for a preferred. This is very frustrating because honestly I cant afford Deluxe, and I cant stand to stay Value (I have tried, and was always miserable).

Disney would have to be policing whether or not it was a debit card. Wouldn't we have heard about this restriction? I'm guessing so.

I would assume so as well. My Debit Rewards CSR is now checking with the DV CC division about that pin code.

They received the info just right now

DEBIT CARDS FOR DISNEY IS 5/2/14

MOD IS D365N
VALUE is V973K

call 407-939-7795

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter