Free Dining 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update 2: Going to wait till official review is in. A CM by the name of Carlton is handling it and he has until midnight tomorrow to decide.

I really hope there is not a "grey" area where they can say there is not enough conclusive evidence either way.

If I was booked at any other resort, this would not have been a problem.

TA said she was going to make this right no matter what Disney decides. I know this is not her fault.:flower3:

So, does anyone know if they set aside a different block of rooms for the pin vs the regular free dining? In other words, we really want Coronado and its sold out for free dining. If I have a pin is it possible there ARE rooms for that resort with the pin instead?

Update: It is now under official review by Disney and will have answer within 24 hrs.

AoA is sold out. A quick fix now option is to book Beach Club for about $100 more than our current pkg. should I do this or wait for review results?

Go for the Beach Club. That is my dream resort if I ever win big $.

Update 2: Going to wait till official review is in. A CM by the name of Carlton is handling it and he has until midnight tomorrow to decide.

I really hope there is not a "grey" area where they can say there is not enough conclusive evidence either way.

TA said she was going to make this right no matter what Disney decides. I know this is not her fault.:flower3:

They need to make this right. Hold their feet to the fire. The squeaky wheel gets the grease....

I leave for one day and look what happens. I even clicked the link in my email to double check everything listed. It shows table, quick service and snack along with all the other goodies.

Again. Don't let them get away with it.

Hi Pluto!! Been following along all day and I am so sorry this has happened. I really think I would hold off until Carlton gets back to you. I think they will make it right.:thumbsup2

We actually moved from AOAnemo to Beach Club for October since in the grand scheme of things it really wasn't too much more since we are hoping for FD and purchased the regular DP.

I think between now and tomorrow, I would come up with some solutions for what you would like Disney to do for you!! Like upgrade resort/ room type/ etc Just a thought!!

Good luck!:)

They need to make this right. Hold their feet to the fire. The squeaky wheel gets the grease....

Hi Pluto!! Been following along all day and I am so sorry this has happened. I really think I would hold off until Carlton gets back to you. I think they will make it right.:thumbsup2

We actually moved from AOAnemo to Beach Club for October since in the grand scheme of things it really wasn't too much more since we are hoping for FD and purchased the regular DP.

I think between now and tomorrow, I would come up with some solutions for what you would like Disney to do for you!! Like upgrade resort/ room type/ etc Just a thought!!

Well said! I would be real surprised if they don't take care if it to your advantage. Over the years there have been a few mishaps with our stays and Disney always made it right. 2 years ago we were staying at the BC and came back late one night from a long day at the park and Housekeeping missed our room and I didn't hesitate to call them on the matter, tired and grumpy will do that, and without hesitation they credited me the amount of a 1 night stay which was a good amount.
And as for the BC overall, best place to stay and they definitely pamper you! Yes you pay the price but well worth it and can't beat the location.
Good luck!

And especially since you need a room for 6 people.....(if I understood your earlier post correctly):grouphug:

Yes, that's correct. And thank you! : ) Although the youngest will turn 2 the week before we go; but those little ones take up a lot of room. Did hear that Beach Club has really big rooms.

Thank you so much!! All this talk about Beach Club has me intrigued. I knew nothing about it. I heard the rooms are bigger than Poly, so that could make them about the same size as AoA except only one bathroom. : )

Update: It is now under official review by Disney and will have answer within 24 hrs.

AoA is sold out. A quick fix now option is to book Beach Club for about $100 more than our current pkg. should I do this or wait for review results?

If you really want to stay at AoA then wait. Plus they may compensate you somehow.

You should be receiving a confirmation email with a link to all the details of your reservation. On there it will show something like "Free Table Service Meals" and "Free Dine Quick Sevice Meals"

Would this apply to TA res too? I received my conf and it says plus dining but not free. The only way I think it is right is that I had purposely not paid the last 1500 hoping for FD. Now my balance is $730. So it must have FD right?

Well said! I would be real surprised if they don't take care if it to your advantage. Over the years there have been a few mishaps with our stays and Disney always made it right. 2 years ago we were staying at the BC and came back late one night from a long day at the park and Housekeeping missed our room and I didn't hesitate to call them on the matter, tired and grumpy will do that, and without hesitation they credited me the amount of a 1 night stay which was a good amount.
And as for the BC overall, best place to stay and they definitely pamper you! Yes you pay the price but well worth it and can't beat the location.
Good luck!

Thanks for the encouraging words and example. That is awesome they credited you one nights stay! I will definitely have to look at Beach Club tomorrow. You all make it sound so wonderful. Wonderful enough for 5 plus a 2 yo to stay in?? : )

Would this apply to TA res too? I received my conf and it says plus dining but not free. The only way I think it is right is that I had purposely not paid the last 1500 hoping for FD. Now my balance is $730. So it must have FD right?

May want to double check because depending on where you are staying, that could be a room only discount. Does that number sound right for the number of people on dining program? Before FD, our ddp was around $1400. : )

Thanks for the encouraging words and example. That is awesome they credited you one nights stay! I will definitely have to look at Beach Club tomorrow. You all make it sound so wonderful. Wonderful enough for 5 plus a 2 yo to stay in?? : )

Now I know everyone has their favorite place(s) so this is just my personal feelings and by no means want to talk down any other resorts. Obviously you stay where you will be most comfortable because anything can happen no matter what resort you are at.

When looking at my reservation it says:
"Free Table Service Meals"
"Free Dine Quick Service Meals"
"Free Dine Snack"

So on mine it is specific on the "Free" part

When looking at my reservation it says:
"Free Table Service Meals"
"Free Dine Quick Service Meals"
"Free Dine Snack"

So on mine it is specific on the "Free" part

I'm still a little confused...I booked with a TA and the confirmation she sent didn't say anything about free dining. Just said Magic your way plus dining. It didn't even list out table service, quick service, etc. maybe she didn't send the whole email? How would I confirm I got free dining and not the room discount? Can I call Disney and confirm even though the TA booked it or do I have to have her check for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter