Status
Not open for further replies.
When looking at my reservation it says:
"Free Table Service Meals"
"Free Dine Quick Service Meals"
"Free Dine Snack"

So on mine it is specific on the "Free" part

Mine says the same thing.

I'm still a little confused...I booked with a TA and the confirmation she sent didn't say anything about free dining. Just said Magic your way plus dining. It didn't even list out table service, quick service, etc. maybe she didn't send the whole email? How would I confirm I got free dining and not the room discount? Can I call Disney and confirm even though the TA booked it or do I have to have her check for me?

First off, did you price it to see if it includes free dining? Mine would be $1440. More without free dining. That's a quick way to tell.

Did your TA give you the reservation number? I'm not sure if Disney will tell you anything if it is booked with a TA but you could try to call them to double check.

You could also request something from your TA showing that you have free dining, room and tickets.

I'm still a little confused...I booked with a TA and the confirmation she sent didn't say anything about free dining. Just said Magic your way plus dining. It didn't even list out table service, quick service, etc. maybe she didn't send the whole email? How would I confirm I got free dining and not the room discount? Can I call Disney and confirm even though the TA booked it or do I have to have her check for me?

Hi! Your TA would have to call and verify. Which may not be a bad idea in light of things. My TA had not received an email from Disney reflecting the changes to my package; just the verbal on the day it was booked. I just so happened to make an inquiry about making a ticket change and when they quoted the package price, it did not add up and upon further investigation, found out it was because a room only discount was applied to my package instead of the free dining.

Hi! Your TA would have to call and verify. Which may not be a bad idea in light of things. My TA had not received an email from Disney reflecting the changes to my package; just the verbal on the day it was booked. I just so happened to make an inquiry about making a ticket change and when they quoted the package price, it did not add up and upon further investigation, found out it was because a room only discount was applied to my package instead of the free dining.

/

I just looked online and priced out a package for what I have and the price is correct for me to have free dining so that makes me feel better. I can't see online anywhere that I have a package booked but maybe that's cause I used a TA? I'm not going to worry about it anymore cause the price matches up with free dining.

/

I just looked online and priced out a package for what I have and the price is correct for me to have free dining so that makes me feel better. I can't see online anywhere that I have a package booked but maybe that's cause I used a TA? I'm not going to worry about it anymore cause the price matches up with free dining.

Yes, that is because you used a TA. If the price matches up that is great and I wouldn't worry either. This is rare, although there are 3 of us that this has happened to; the CM stating FD was applied but a RO was applied instead. I believe all 3 of us booked first thing on May 6th.

Now I know everyone has their favorite place(s) so this is just my personal feelings and by no means want to talk down any other resorts. Obviously you stay where you will be most comfortable because anything can happen no matter what resort you are at.

Pluto, I agree with Mattressman that you need to stay where you will be most comfortable as a family. ;) Like I said earlier, I was all booked and happy to be staying at AOA Nemo until I realized that chances of applying FD to our room was slim to none for October. Not that switching to any of the other suites wouldn't have been wonderful.:):) But that got me looking at other resorts....With this being our first time on property, any Disney resort will be fantastic!:cool1:

I made the mistake of looking on the Beach and Yacht Club info thread and fell in love with the resort and it's location and amenities. When I ran numbers, it really wasn't that much more for us...(or so I rationalize like I do so well...:rotfl2::rotfl2:)

For our family, I think being able to walk to Epcot and Boardwalk and take a boat to HS will be great. Plus, my kids will die over that SAB pool. The one bathroom isn't that much of a big deal to us. We travel a lot due to DSs soccer and Lax and stay in regular rooms and do just fine with it. My DD isn't a bathroom hog yet. :rotfl2:

I can't wait to hear what they come back with for you! I really think they will hook you up well though!:banana:

Pluto, I agree with Mattressman that you need to stay where you will be most comfortable as a family. ;) Like I said earlier, I was all booked and happy to be staying at AOA Nemo until I realized that chances of applying FD to our room was slim to none for October. Not that switching to any of the other suites wouldn't have been wonderful.:):) But that got me looking at other resorts....With this being our first time on property, any Disney resort will be fantastic!:cool1:

I made the mistake of looking on the Beach and Yacht Club info thread and fell in love with the resort and it's location and amenities. When I ran numbers, it really wasn't that much more for us...(or so I rationalize like I do so well...:rotfl2::rotfl2:)

For our family, I think being able to walk to Epcot and Boardwalk and take a boat to HS will be great. Plus, my kids will die over that SAB pool. The one bathroom isn't that much of a big deal to us. We travel a lot due to DSs soccer and Lax and stay in regular rooms and do just fine with it. My DD isn't a bathroom hog yet. :rotfl2:

I can't wait to hear what they come back with for you! I really think they will hook you up well though!:banana:

Thanks for your encouragement. My TA is trying to call Carlton now.

Beach Club does look awesome! My TA only suggested it as a back up because I also got a pin and she was trying to see if AoA was available on that and it was not, but Beach Club was and she was going to pay the difference. I just told to her wait and see what Disney says.:goodvibes

Thanks for your encouragement. My TA is trying to call Carlton now.

Beach Club does look awesome! My TA only suggested it as a back up because I also got a pin and she was trying to see if AoA was available on that and it was not, but Beach Club was and she was going to pay the difference. I just told to her wait and see what Disney says.:goodvibes

Did you say you have 6 people? I couldn't imagine staying in one room anywhere with 6 people. A deluxe sounds like a wonderful offer, but not sure I would go for that option unless it is all they can give you. Maybe only the rooms in the FD offer are sold out, so maybe they will just give you one of the full price inventory. I can't wait until they get this resolved for you. I would be going crazy.

Did you say you have 6 people? I couldn't imagine staying in one room anywhere with 6 people. A deluxe sounds like a wonderful offer, but not sure I would go for that option unless it is all they can give you. Maybe only the rooms in the FD offer are sold out, so maybe they will just give you one of the full price inventory. I can't wait until they get this resolved for you. I would be going crazy.

I know, amazingly I am calm. Even after my Keurig just broke and I am attempting to "make" coffee!:coffee:
The 6 in a room thing did scare me off at places like POR and even CR and Poly. Apparently BC has a lot of square footage for a single room; I think TA was just trying to do something in a drastic situation. But you're right, I am thinking they are just booked up for FD and will wait and see. But then part of me is like, if they do have available suites at AoA, why are they dragging this out?:scratchin

I know, amazingly I am calm. Even after my Keurig just broke and I am attempting to "make" coffee!:coffee:
The 6 in a room thing did scare me off at places like POR and even CR and Poly. Apparently BC has a lot of square footage for a single room; I think TA was just trying to do something in a drastic situation. But you're right, I am thinking they are just booked up for FD and will wait and see. But then part of me is like, if they do have available suites at AoA, why are they dragging this out?:scratchin

The supervisors to have the ability to over ride and made a room free dining even if there isn't any left. You do have a room already right? They can just credit you. That would be the right thing to do and I hope they make it right.

The supervisors to have the ability to over ride and made a room free dining even if there isn't any left. You do have a room already right? They can just credit you. That would be the right thing to do and I hope they make it right.

That's good to know and is encouraging. Yes, I booked a package at AoA Finding Nemo in Feb. and when FD was offered to Disney Visa holders, my TA was on the phone at 7 am and had to switch me to Lion King to get the Free Dining. Have you ever seen where Disney says they have to do a review and it will take 24-36 hours?:)

Maybe if they can't keep you at AOA, they can give you 2 rooms at BC!!! I mean, this is there fault right??? Sounds like you have a great TA.

Maybe if they can't keep you at AOA, they can give you 2 rooms at BC!!! I mean, this is there fault right??? Sounds like you have a great TA.

I believe definitely it is their fault. And I really like your thinking, could you send Disney a note?
My TA said she didn't even know about the RO offer until she got off the phone from booking my Free Dining. I am trying to think when we "officially" heard about it and I am thinking it was several minutes after the DV FD offer went live. That was such a crazy morning!;)

I believe definitely it is their fault. And I really like your thinking, could you send Disney a note?
My TA said she didn't even know about the RO offer until she got off the phone from booking my Free Dining. I am trying to think when we "officially" heard about it and I am thinking it was several minutes after the DV FD offer went live. That was such a crazy morning!;)

I only knew from when I was on the phone. But I requested free dining and still got the room only. It was later that morning when I went and repriced it that it didn't look right and I found their mistake. Luckily I called back and had no issues. But I was NOT happy. I wonder of all those who got RO added had the same CM?

I only knew from when I was on the phone. But I requested free dining and still got the room only. It was later that morning when I went and repriced it that it didn't look right and I found their mistake. Luckily I called back and had no issues. But I was NOT happy. I wonder of all those who got RO added had the same CM?

You too! OMG, I bet you had the same CM:crazy2:

Maybe that is why they are doing an official review. Maybe there have been several of these complaints and they are narrowing it down to a specific CM??? Is that thinking too far out in left field?:rolleyes:

As you can see, I am not going to get anything productive done today. Only had four hours of sleep. Not just because of this, but mostly because of the families in Moore, OK. The images and stories just bring the whole tragedy to the forefront and even more heartbreaking. I just can't stop thinking about them and the seven third graders. My oldest DD is in 3rd grade. So, actually this Disney "distraction" is a warm welcome to help keep my mind off of OK for a moment.

Okay, now you have me totally obsessed with Beach Club!!!! The pool! My kids (who am I kidding) I, would absolutely love it!!! ;)

You too! OMG, I bet you had the same CM:crazy2:

On that crazy Monday May 6th - Visa day.... my CM was a guy. I don't remember his name. And with me, I didn't use a TA... I called myself.

But what I still don't understand, he repeated the CORRECT Free Dining info back to me, but it didn't happen.... and I didn't even get the room only discount added, in fact, he took my room discount from when I had booked it earlier off.

I look forward to what you find out today and I'll be thinking good thoughts for you!pixiedust:

On that crazy Monday May 6th - Visa day.... my CM was a guy. I don't remember his name. And with me, I didn't use a TA... I called myself.

But what I still don't understand, he repeated the CORRECT Free Dining info back to me, but it didn't happen.... and I didn't even get the room only discount added, in fact, he took my room discount from when I had booked it earlier off.

I look forward to what you find out today and I'll be thinking good thoughts for you!pixiedust:

I'll have to ask my TA if it was a guy. She said the same thing, that all the info was quoted back to her correctly and that a RO thing was never even mentioned. I am still wondering if this CM or a few of them, just saw a new code and assumed it was for FD, when in actuality it was the one for RO. Or, who knows, maybe it was a computer glitch. I have heard they had a few of those.:rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter