Free Dining 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally understand!!! Maybe tell TA that, me and others, had thought they were booking a FD package, but CM's only applied a room only discount. MY TA is in process of fixing this right now for me. She had not received a billing statement from Disney yet with discount applied. If others had not stated the same problem, who knows how long it would have been until we noticed?

Your TA should be able to retrieve your reservation online and see what it has. She can save it to a pdf form and send it to you. Now I know when the visa offer came out that many didn't even show dining at all for about 3 days after, so if she doesn't see it, it still might be there, but she will need to call and confirm for sure. Disney has been really bad about the emails going out with free dining. Well they are bad on any given day, but with free dining they are worse.

Did you do Free Dining with Disney Visa or GP? If DV, TA will have to directly call WDW to verify your reservation. Explain to her that some CM's that day were applying RO discount when they thought they were doing the FD. If it was during GP, she can look that up online and tell you. If she is not willing to do this, then go above her head.

The TA can see it online whether it was the DV or the GP. It will show the dining package with it and the price will reflect what she has.

Was it actually added or di they do the wrong code? I know more than once I have seen the room only put on instead of free dining. Which is really a HUGE mistake on the CM's part. I don't care how crazy it is, it is their job to do it right. And when they quote the price saying it's free dining and it's not ..... is just uncalled for.

They put on room only instead of free dining. If I answered your question correctly.

I am totally and utterly irritated and I don't know where else to vent. We booked our package with a TA a couple of months ago for 8/31 - 9/8. When Free Dining came out we had our TA change our reservation to a room only for 8/31 - 9/2 and then the package from 9/2 - 9/8.

I have not received a confirmation via email regarding our package details and the Disney website reflects two room reservations but the second reservation doesn't show any package details - tickets, dining plan, nothing. Asked the TA, she assures me it's correct via email right after booking.

Two weeks later and it's still not showing correctly on Disney's website. I call Disney and they will not give me any information about my reservation because it's owned by the TA. Um, the TA is not paying for any of this I am but they won't even confirm that the details of my reservation are correct and told me to contact my TA, again.

Seriously? I'm not asking for any changes. I'm asking for a confirmation that my package is correct. I'm getting very close to cancelling the entire thing and rebooking it on my own so I can get even basic information at this point. I have never encountered anything so completely ludicrous in all my life.

I am sorry you are going through all of this... this is the reason I NEVER use a TA pm me if you still need help. lots of pixie dust to you!!!!

Doesn't matter now! I called and there actually was a PIN associated with my mom's name for FD who happens to be going with us! What a huge blessing. And the CM was the nicest person I've ever talked to on the phone. She was just as excited for me as I was.

Woohoo!! Happy happy dancing!!!

Your TA should be able to retrieve your reservation online and see what it has. She can save it to a pdf form and send it to you. Now I know when the visa offer came out that many didn't even show dining at all for about 3 days after, so if she doesn't see it, it still might be there, but she will need to call and confirm for sure. Disney has been really bad about the emails going out with free dining. Well they are bad on any given day, but with free dining they are worse.

TA has called Disney and she is waiting for Disney to verify that it was their mistake. TA also said because it was applied during Disney Visa promo period she could not do online. Had to call Disney directly. ��
I think that was the problem, it showed nothing online. This was done on May 6.

I am totally and utterly irritated and I don't know where else to vent. We booked our package with a TA a couple of months ago for 8/31 - 9/8. When Free Dining came out we had our TA change our reservation to a room only for 8/31 - 9/2 and then the package from 9/2 - 9/8.

I have not received a confirmation via email regarding our package details and the Disney website reflects two room reservations but the second reservation doesn't show any package details - tickets, dining plan, nothing. Asked the TA, she assures me it's correct via email right after booking.

Two weeks later and it's still not showing correctly on Disney's website. I call Disney and they will not give me any information about my reservation because it's owned by the TA. Um, the TA is not paying for any of this I am but they won't even confirm that the details of my reservation are correct and told me to contact my TA, again.

Seriously? I'm not asking for any changes. I'm asking for a confirmation that my package is correct. I'm getting very close to cancelling the entire thing and rebooking it on my own so I can get even basic information at this point. I have never encountered anything so completely ludicrous in all my life.

That is why I will never again book with a TA. Don't get me wrong I know there are some great ones but I hate not having control. In 2011 I booked thru AAA and when free dining came out I called them and asked to have it applied. Three days later they were still telling me they had not been able to get thru to get it changed. I called Disney and asked to have it changed but because AAA held my reservation and the other family that traveled with us I was stuck. I finally told them I was having no trouble getting thru and would conference them in. Only then did I get it changed. So very frustrating. I realize this is totally different from your situation and I'm sure yours has been applied. My point is I can't stand not controlling my own ever since that happened to me. As a side note I'm in the Oct group hoping for free dining and when and if its released I wanna be on the phone the minute it opens. I would not be able to stand waiting for someone to tell me it's done.

I am thinking it's taking so long because I am at AoA Lion King and there are none left for Free Dining.

If other posters had not stated they had RO applied instead of FD, and had I not inquired about a 5 day park hopper yesterday, and had my TA not included the new package price, I would not have known maybe until August?:confused:

FYI: Keeping the 6 day hopper package; just in case.

That is the other crazy thing. I was already booked at AoA Finding Nemo, why would I change to Lion King for a RO discount?!!!:confused3 And why would my TA call at 7am on May 6 for RO? Disney already verified she did this at 7:17 am.

Disney has to see this was their mistake, right?

That is the other crazy thing. I was already booked at AoA Finding Nemo, why would I change to Lion King for a RO discount?!!!:confused3 And why would my TA call at 7am on May 6 for RO? Disney already verified she did this at 7:17 am.

I hope so! But I can't say for sure. Fingers crossed for you!!!

Your exactly right! A coworker of mine went to disney January. She didn't know about any specials going on durring that time. She paid in full her pkg with hotel,tickets and dining plan. She found out the we're offering a ro discount so she applied it to save a little money. When she called back a few weeks later to make a dining reservation, she found out that the cm who applied the do discount took off her dining because he thought she was getting fd and you can't have two discounts at the same time. It was a nightmare for her to have to explain that she already paid for the dining plan and that she only wanted the room discount. With enough fighting then ended up giving her the dining plan for free so don't give up.

Your exactly right! A coworker of mine went to disney January. She didn't know about any specials going on durring that time. She paid in full her pkg with hotel,tickets and dining plan. She found out the we're offering a ro discount so she applied it to save a little money. When she called back a few weeks later to make a dining reservation, she found out that the cm who applied the do discount took off her dining because he thought she was getting fd and you can't have two discounts at the same time. It was a nightmare for her to have to explain that she already paid for the dining plan and that she only wanted the room discount. With enough fighting then ended up giving her the dining plan for free so don't give up.

Aaaa! That is a nightmare. I guess these things do happen. I won't give up. Thanks!;)

I don't think some TAs get it when it comes to fd. It's like winning the lottery for most of us and that's why when it comes to wdw trips, I won't use a ta. I have to have TOTAL CONTROL over this. My mother's best friend is a ta and she was going to use her for this trip but I told her if it were anywhere else fine but she is not touching this trip. If disney told me I could get free dining but would have to call in by 2am I would have all phones on speed dial at 1:59am. You wouldn't be able to get a ta to do that. I know that's being dramatic but when you do get that fd, it's like you just won a gold medal at the Olympics:rotfl:

I don't think some TAs get it when it comes to fd. It's like winning the lottery for most of us and that's why when it comes to wdw trips, I won't use a ta. I have to have TOTAL CONTROL over this. My mother's best friend is a ta and she was going to use her for this trip but I told her if it were anywhere else fine but she is not touching this trip. If disney told me I could get free dining but would have to call in by 2am I would have all phones on speed dial at 1:59am. You wouldn't be able to get a ta to do that. I know that's being dramatic but when you do get that fd, it's like you just won a gold medal at the Olympics:rotfl:

I know. When I booked this trip I was thinking this might be the year they don't do FD, but when it came out I was like:banana::cool1::cheer2:.

I am only speaking of my TA. She is awesome and I totally know this was not her fault. She is one of us and became a Disney Authorized Vacation Planner to get her Disney fix. She does not see this as her job, but as her fun time.

I know. When I booked this trip I was thinking this might be the year they don't do FD, but when it came out I was like:banana::cool1::cheer2:.

I am only speaking of my TA. She is awesome and I totally know this was not her fault. She is one of us and became a Disney Authorized Vacation Planner to get her Disney fix. She does not see this as her job, but as her fun time.

That's great that you have someone like that there for you. There are no travel agencies around my area. The closest one is about 45min away. I had used them in the past but it's a small ta and the two ladies that work there are in there 70s and I wouldn't want to scare them when I call yelling YOU NEED TO APPLY MY FREE DINING NOW!! I'd probably give them both a heart attack

That's great that you have someone like that there for you. There are no travel agencies around my area. The closest one is about 45min away. I had used them in the past but it's a small ta and the two ladies that work there are in there 70s and I wouldn't want to scare them when I call yelling YOU NEED TO APPLY MY FREE DINING NOW!! I'd probably give them both a heart attack

:rotfl:

I know. Not all TA's are created equal. I don't even have to remind mine about FD, she sends out her "on notice" before I even get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter