FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn’t referring to your odds, I meant that the system will not show you any available times that overlap with another existing FP. If you want to see everything out there you need to cancel one of your booked FPs and try and book TSM as a “new” FP - then you’ll see everything. In that case, yes, you’d have to cancel any FP with an overlapping window to pick it up. Good luck. I’m a firm believer in anything being possible with enough stalking!!

So, is there no way to see FPP availability during times you already have FPP booked? That's frustrating! Our MK day and AK day I've got afternoon FPP for 7D and FOP but other FPP in the AM. So I have no way of catching a random FOP morning FPP that opens up unless I cancel one of my other morning FPP? I don't think I realized that was the case. I just assumed that the morning FPP for headliners didn't open up because no one ever dropped them

So, is there no way to see FPP availability during times you already have FPP booked? That's frustrating! Our MK day and AK day I've got afternoon FPP for 7D and FOP but other FPP in the AM. So I have no way of catching a random FOP morning FPP that opens up unless I cancel one of my other morning FPP? I don't think I realized that was the case. I just assumed that the morning FPP for headliners didn't open up because no one ever dropped them
You will only be able to see it if the tier one is available for a time that does not overlap the other two tier two FP+. For example, if you have EE 9 - 10am and KRR from 10:50 - 11:50am, you will only see a FoP FP+ that is available from 11:50am or later. The 9 - 11:50am time is blocked out from the modify feature.

The only way around this is if you have an open FP+ slot and go into the system to book a brand new FP+. Then you will see a conflict in the system with a black border around the conflicting time and a note from the system that you already have a FP+:

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 6.36.59 PM.png

You will only be able to see it if the tier one is available for a time that does not overlap the other two tier two FP+. For example, if you have EE 9 - 10am and KRR from 10:50 - 11:50am, you will only see a FoP FP+ that is available from 11:50am or later. The 9 - 11:50am time is blocked out from the modify feature.

The only way around this is if you have an open FP+ slot and go into the system to book a brand new FP+. Then you will see a conflict in the system with a black border around the conflicting time and a note from the system that you already have a FP+:

View attachment 377059

Thanks. That's a bummer. I'm too nervous to cancel one of my other FPP to look for availability. It would mess with my carefully crafted Touring Plan if I can't get my original FPP back after checking.

I'm trying to modify a FP+ in the app. How do I select it to modify? I'm sure this is very basic, but I can't seem to find it...

Reading through the posts I saw someone mention they doubled up on a FP+ for an attraction (by purchasing CL FP and modifying the standard FP+ on MDX after initial booking) but when they scanned in for their first ride that it removed the later one too. Has this been confirmed that you can no longer do this? My 90 day booking window is next week and was considering trying this but won’t if it’s not likely to work. Thanks!

Reading through the posts I saw someone mention they doubled up on a FP+ for an attraction (by purchasing CL FP and modifying the standard FP+ on MDX after initial booking) but when they scanned in for their first ride that it removed the later one too. Has this been confirmed that you can no longer do this? My 90 day booking window is next week and was considering trying this but won’t if it’s not likely to work. Thanks!

I have been following the CL FP thread since it started, and I recall one person having that happen, everyone else has been successful. AFAIK no one knew why that particular poster had the problem, and I don’t think anyone else has mentioned it happening to them. It seems to be quite common that people double up things like FOP. We only did the CLFPs once, and it was quite a while ago, and I didn’t want to double up anyway so we didn’t try it, so I can’t speak from personal experience. You might try asking over on that thread as well- sorry, I don’t know how to post a direct link.

Hope I'm posting this in the right place - Has anyone had luck booking Fastpasses for FOP at 60 + 4 days? We're going 9/28-10/4. I can move my AK day but prefer going Wednesday the 2nd if possible.

Hope I'm posting this in the right place - Has anyone had luck booking Fastpasses for FOP at 60 + 4 days? We're going 9/28-10/4. I can move my AK day but prefer going Wednesday the 2nd if possible.
Yup, we did! We're going March 4-9, and I believe it showed up for 60+3 and 60+4.

We are APs. We are staying on site then off then on again (going to a conference that is off site). I am unable to book FPP for our checkout day on the 2nd on site stay (its less than 60 days at this point) as it says I have exceeded my limit. I do have FPP booked for 2 of our off site days. What is my limit? We have FPP for 7 days.

We are APs. We are staying on site then off then on again (going to a conference that is off site). I am unable to book FPP for our checkout day on the 2nd on site stay (its less than 60 days at this point) as it says I have exceeded my limit. I do have FPP booked for 2 of our off site days. What is my limit? We have FPP for 7 days.
Your limit is 7 based on the offsite FP days between your onsite stays.

APs are limited to 7 days or the length of an onsite stay, whichever is longer. However, multiple onsite stays in a short period confuses the system. If you did not have the offsite stay in between (making a “split stay”), you’d be able to get them for all onsite days.

APs are limited to 7 days or the length of an onsite stay, whichever is longer. However, multiple onsite stays in a short period confuses the system. If you did not have the offsite stay in between (making a “split stay”), you’d be able to get them for all onsite days.

Thanks Yeah I am used to the regular split stay not the off site in between so was not sure what was going on.

Checking Availability for Same Park - Same Day
From the App
~ from a booked FP, choose "Modify”
*(Note: to check availability of a Tier 1 attraction, you must choose an existing Tier 1 to modify.)
~ scroll through selections to see availability
~ original FP remains intact if a new ride is not chosen
* The system does not show ride availability for time slots that are blocked by original FP Return Windows.

Considering the line in red, suppose my top priority is securing FPs for FoP. If I am at first unsuccessful when my window opens, it seems like my best strategy would be to not make any AK FPs as I continue to check availability in advance of my trip. This would be the best way to maintain the widest range of options for potential FP return windows. Is this correct, or am I missing something?

In post #6 it explains how to get your 2nd & 3rd FPP at parks other than the one you’re in. In the example, he said after tapping in for the one he made at the first park, he could book another one at another park and even another at a 3rd park. After tapping in at your first park, can you book 2 more at the same second park, or do you have to wait until you get there to make the third? For example tap in for the 1 at MK then book 2 for AK?

In post #6 it explains how to get your 2nd & 3rd FPP at parks other than the one you’re in. In the example, he said after tapping in for the one he made at the first park, he could book another one at another park and even another at a 3rd park. After tapping in at your first park, can you book 2 more at the same second park, or do you have to wait until you get there to make the third? For example tap in for the 1 at MK then book 2 for AK?
Yes, your example is correct. If you tap at MK for 1 FP+ and do not have any other reserved, you can immediately jump on MDE and book 2 more FP+ at another park.

Considering the line in red, suppose my top priority is securing FPs for FoP. If I am at first unsuccessful when my window opens, it seems like my best strategy would be to not make any AK FPs as I continue to check availability in advance of my trip. This would be the best way to maintain the widest range of options for potential FP return windows. Is this correct, or am I missing something?
You could also book 2 tier 2’s then search for FOP using the add FP feature. The system still shows overlaps during the initial booking process, but will force you to cancel the booked FP to pick up the new one. This way you could at least secure 2 other FPs for your AK day in case FOP never pops up.

You could also book 2 tier 2’s then search for FOP using the add FP feature. The system still shows overlaps during the initial booking process, but will force you to cancel the booked FP to pick up the new one. This way you could at least secure 2 other FPs for your AK day in case FOP never pops up.

So, I currently have FP+ for NRJ, in addition to two Tier 2 attractions. Either in advance or on the day I'm in the park, can't I use "modify" on my NRJ FP+ to refresh and search for FOP FP+ availability? Would overlap still be an issue - or is this a useful way to use refresh to search for those hard to get FOP FP+'s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter