FP+ Details Are Out!

Seems like the only time you'll be able to put down your phone is when you're on a ride :( I think there's far too much reliance on this technology :(

Where's this idea coming from that you need a phone or the app? Book your FP+ on the website, or at one of the kiosks if you don't do it in advance. You won't need your phone or an app in the parks at all. Not sure what I'm missing here. (And I'll point out that I'm a tech geek, I just don't want to pay $100 a month for a phone. My prepaid is $100 a year. I love technology and I'm actually looking forward to being able to reserve FP+. I can do my normal morning plan for a park, then visit a non-recommended park (with later hours and/or magic hours) in the evening for my FP+ selections. I think it could be a great situation, personally).

I don't have a smart phone, don't plan on getting one, and I don't see how I'm at any disadvantage whatsoever. When everyone else is looking at their phone, I'll be doing stuff.

Rides used to go down in the past, too, before the app. I cross that bridge when I come to it, just like I always have. If some others have their app and find out before me, saving themselves a walk, so be it. No app will beat getting to the parks at rope drop and having a good plan. People using their app to navigate the park "on the fly" are going to be running all over the place if they use it for spur of the moment decisions. Have a good plan of attack and you're golden, app or not.

Where's this idea coming from that you need a phone or the app? Book your FP+ on the website, or at one of the kiosks if you don't do it in advance. You won't need your phone or an app in the parks at all. Not sure what I'm missing here.

I don't have a smart phone, don't plan on getting one, and I don't see how I'm at any disadvantage whatsoever. When everyone else is looking at their phone, I'll be doing stuff.

Did you read this?

Here is some interesting info on how attraction closures will be handled.:)

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...handles-attraction-closures-with-fastpass.htm

No, you don't NEED one. But it seems that Disney is kind of expecting you to have one...

Where's this idea coming from that you need a phone or the app? Book your FP+ on the website, or at one of the kiosks if you don't do it in advance. You won't need your phone or an app in the parks at all. Not sure what I'm missing here.

Who says you need to go to Disney?

Or do a particular attraction while you're there?

Or avoid long lines?

Or avoid standing in kiosk lines when you chose BTMRR and it goes down right before your FP return time? I mean, BTMRR never goes down, right? ;)

Unfortunately that ship has sailed. Tom Staggs said they heard us guests want to interact with our technology in the parks.

I can assure you I'm not the one who told him that. ;)

rriiiggghhhtttt.. ;)
just like when my bank told me they closed my 3 local branches and reduced their hours for my "banking convince" lol really?? I have yet to meet someone who actually thinks this

:rotfl2:

:goodvibes

The internal docs say that it will push out an email, plus a notification on the app (yeah right) and you can book an alternative based off a matrix for each park. Like if soarin goes down, you won't be able to book TT instead, you'll have to pick something else. Both Soarin and TT can only be gotten for guest recovery if you already held a FP for that ride when it went down.

You can however reschedule rides that you missed and the CMs have the option of green lighting you through if you were late arriving.

I don't see how this is going to work out TBH. I still cannot get the app to do anything with the FP+ without it telling me there is a data loss and needing to close.

And of course that is your choice and by not using this technology you are making the trade off of spending time walking to down attractions and lining up for other options. The best thing here I guess is that this will work for all people...imagine what the lines at the fp kiosks would be if everyone chose not to use the smartphone technology.

Liz

You are correct. By refusing to check my phone every 5 minutes, just in case Disney wants to tell me about my vacation, I will be forced into a second rate vacation (possibly). Oh, wait! No I won't. I'll spend my several thousand dollars on a different vacation IF that is how it is going to go--or could possibly go. Disney needs to decide and inform!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I hope they get this up and running really soon, or after my trip the first week of November. My next trip wont be till May, they should have the bugs worked out by then (hopefully).

You are correct. By refusing to check my phone every 5 minutes, just in case Disney wants to tell me about my vacation, I will be forced into a second rate vacation (possibly). Oh, wait! No I won't. I'll spend my several thousand dollars on a different vacation IF that is how it is going to go--or could possibly go. Disney needs to decide and inform!

And again your choice. I have never inferred I am in favor of all of this and as someone who rarely visits as a typical vacationer now (own condo stay there make last minute decisions on when I arrive) I will be affected on a totally different level but I am choosing not to panic yet. I have confidence I can make whatever work and if I need to use my smartphone to enhance my experience (I prefer not to use the kiosks unless necessary) then so be it.

Liz

I don't have a smartphone and don't intend to get one. I talk on the phone all day at work and I do not want to look at one while on vacation.

It's a big world. I still intend to see how this plays out but I will bolt if it looks as unpleasant (to me) when it all comes out.

I'm not panicking. I've said many times I'm reserving final judgement until it rolls out. I do see many (potential) flaws and do not like this recent release. I don't think Disney has thought this out well. Time will tell.

Hey we have QTY 5 ATT phones. 2 are up for renewal.

One has been iphone, and one Samsung 4.

Looking at the new Samsung 4 "ACTIVE" which is water proof.

Is there any reason to choose one over the other when it comes to the new Disney FP+ process etc? Or is it too early to tell.

WDW and living on the lake have us thinking water proof.

samsung.jpg

samsung4.jpg

I just looked at the "Active" yesterday...feels like a quality device. I know there have been mixed reviews on the actual waterproofing, but if my carrier had it-(VZ)-I probably would've bought it yesterday. My daughters use the IPhone with the Lifeproof case, and have been satisfied. Battery life is now gonna be even more important to me, with the potential "success" or " failure" of our WDW trips so dependent on staying online now. :confused3

I hope they get this up and running really soon, or after my trip the first week of November. My next trip wont be till May, they should have the bugs worked out by then (hopefully).

MDE has been up and running since Christmas fr room and dining reservations and they are nowhere near having debugged it....

And of course that is your choice and by not using this technology you are making the trade off of spending time walking to down attractions and lining up for other options. The best thing here I guess is that this will work for all people...imagine what the lines at the fp kiosks would be if everyone chose not to use the smartphone technology.

Liz

The same as they are now:confused3. This is one of those ..."it aint broke dont fix it".

I thought this was a great idea at first but I thought it would be coupled with FP-, book some ahead and get others as you wander around if they were available.

I guess we will find a way to make it work, but we too are in the camp that we like our phones but would not like to have to use them on vacation. SO far everything I see is saying differently.

We will make it work but it just doesnt seem like a well thought out plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter