Fort Wilderness & Discovery Island

The snake is a Diamond Python. Harmless and gentle.

When the cast members did the reptile show he said the python was from a little known country, I said Australia as it is home for us!

We only go over Christmas so the weather is nice. It is sad Discovery Island is closed but at least Fort Wilderness still exists and the little boats still operate.

Yes, I knew they were harmless, but it didn't matter to me - I 'hate' snakes - actually all reptiles - south Louisiana has it's share of some mean ones! LOL - I respect and stay clear of all of them. Will not in no way, shape, form camp on one of the little bayou/canals at FW!! I know what can crawl out of them and lay on the banks!! Will they? Do they? Most likely not! But, 'I' don't take the chance!! :scared:

I 'did' love Discovery Island tho' - just was very watchful on the narrow closed in trails!! :) Really loved your pictures!! Thanks again! We have a bunch of slides also, haven't seen them in ages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter