For picky kids, which Epcot restaurant is best?

They don't like hibachi, which I could eat all the time lol. Mac N Cheese is definitely a favorite for sure.

That could be tricky since one is over 9 and is the pickiest one of all. I wonder if they said no if I offered to pay more they'd agree.

I feel your picky eater pain, I'm going with my inlaws in May and my MIL is super picky. I've read different things about ordering off the kids menu, probably depends on the restaurant. At the very least you might be able to order a modification to an adult meal, like the meat without the sides or something like that.

I wish you the best of luck!

All of our group of 13 including some pretty picky eaters, enjoyed Garden Grill.
Everybody like QS at Sunshine Seasons, too.

I feel your pain. I had a tough time with just one picky eater with a nut allergy, never mind having two to tag team shooting down the suggestions!

You didn't specify table service, so I'm going to throw in Liberty Inn. DD13 has gone vegetarian (!) but in the old days, she ate the basic chicken fingers and fries. While I had an apple tart. And beer.

Let me add that in those same old days, DD never would have found anything to eat at any of the places like Garden Grill, Sunshine Seasons, Biergarten, Les Halles, Le Celier, etc. But Liberty Inn worked.

Now that she's vegetarian, though, we've discovered Teppan Edo. Yay!

My picky eater has ordered the kids Chicken Tempura Nuggets with white rice (followed by ice cream) at Tokyo Dining a few times. He loved it!

I hate trying to read menus on the regular Disney site. The sister site to this one WDW Info has them all HERE

Touring Plans also has them all HERE *and* they're searchable by food item... like "chicken nuggets" for instance. I put the link directly to the Epcot page for you.

HTH!!!

For kids who don't venture too far from chicken fingers and french fries, which Epcot restaurant would be best? I'd like for them to branch out more, but realistically I don't think they will on this trip. Is there a good restaurant to eat at where they'll find something they like? Also, can a 13 year old order off a kids menu?

A family of picky eaters here, Tutto is great for kids.... spaghetti, and the portions are huge and easily sharable, they even did buttered noodles one year for my DD who decided she did not eat anything with sauce, Garden Grill with the character and the rotating dinning room served family style, Corral reef with all the fish, and has pretty good fish and chips, we told my DGs (2) that they were giant fish sticks and he ate them without any problem.

You can head over to Allears.net and they normally have a pretty up to date menu.

As far as your 13 year old ordering off the kids menu, they will let him or her, but they will make it a adult portion and to go with it an adult price.

I did have another thought, If you go out the back gate at Epcot, between England and France, they are more options out there on the Boardwalk like ESPN typical pub food, chicken wings and burgers, and fries, at the Beach club is Cape May and at dinner is a seafood buffet ( no character)not only seafood, but a lot of normal family friendly items that most kids will recognize and eat, and Trattoria al Forno, offers some really good choices for kids and cheese pizza is one of them.

Hope this helpful... pixiedust:

I've been trying to look at menu's but all the menu pages say Stitch ate the page, so it's making it difficult to decide. They do like plain cheese pizza so this might be my best bet.

They will eat steak, probably not stir fry since they don't like vegetables. It drives me nuts how little they'll eat and I don't really want to go to a quick service after a meal since they won't eat. One of them will eat tacos, the other would not eat anything Mexican. Le Cellier might be a good option.

Spice Road Table has a great kids steak! I would highly recommend going there. You could also get a few small plates so they could try some different things if they are interested.

If they like Italian food and you want to do something other than pizza, we really like Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk (we think it's better than Tutto). Plus the Boardwalk at night is a lot of fun!

As far as your 13 year old ordering off the kids menu, they will let him or her, but they will make it a adult portion and to go with it an adult price.

they will only do that upon request. Adults with small appetites order off the kid menu all the time and they do not size up the portions or charge more. I'm sure it has happened but in general it does not. The only thing I've seen really happening is they will sometimes not include the drink and dessert for adults if it comes with the kid menu. If your child is picky but has a bigger appetite, you have the option to get a bigger portion of kid menu food, but you will not in general be forced to pay more or get an adult sized portion of food... ESPECIALLY not for a kid who is a disney adult but still a kid.

I have some picky eaters (2 DDs)...better now that they are older but they Always liked Le Cellier, Biergarten and also loved Chefs De France the one time we went there and same for Garden Grill. They were not fond of Spice Road, Rose & Crown and Marrakesh. Can't remember how they felt about San Angel as we only went one time many many years ago but I don't think they would like it as they refuse to do Mexican at home. Oh, and they love Coral Reef. Maybe try there. Actually, when they go to eat on their own, they always pick Coral Reef. As does my non-picky DS. And my very picky niece likes Coral Reef too.

They aren't big on Italian so DH and I did VN without them. They would probably not be stoked to go there.

What about Rose and Crown? Their kids menu features grilled chicken, fish and chips, and steak and fries as well as other options. If you reserve a time near illuminations you can watch from your table or their special viewing area.

Most of the restaurants have kids menus with fairly standard fair. For example you can eat at Marrakesh in Morocco. They have chicken tenders, hamburgers, and spaghetti available. Plus belly dancers :banana:

Allow me to wax poetic for a moment about Teppan Edo. Way back in 1983, in the first year Epcot was open, my parents dragged very-picky-eater me to this restaurant. It was probably called something different at the time, but I don't recall. Give me a break, I was 3. A restaurant where they cooked on the table. Right there! In front of you! Like magic! It was something only Disney could have dreamed up! I ate everything those mysterious food flippers put in front of me.

Of course, years later, I found out that Benihana style restaurants really aren't all that uncommon. But I still love them! And so does my somewhat picky DD. This would still be my first choice for picky eaters at Epcot.

Or Via Napoli. Because, you know, you can't go wrong with pizza.

they will only do that upon request. Adults with small appetites order off the kid menu all the time and they do not size up the portions or charge more. I'm sure it has happened but in general it does not. The only thing I've seen really happening is they will sometimes not include the drink and dessert for adults if it comes with the kid menu. If your child is picky but has a bigger appetite, you have the option to get a bigger portion of kid menu food, but you will not in general be forced to pay more or get an adult sized portion of food... ESPECIALLY not for a kid who is a disney adult but still a kid.

I met some friends ( 2 weeks ago) and they had their 2 grandkid's ( 12 and 13) with them and we had dinner at Corral Reef, and they both wanted the kids Fried Fish and Chips, we were told by our server, that they most certainly could order, but it was a adult portion and the cost was around 17.00 dollars and did still include the drink and dessert, so around 5.00 more than the normal cost. I did question it, the server told us that this was the new policy. My mom sometimes needs to eat off the kids menu due to the fact that she has some dietary issues. We were having dinner at Chef's (several month ago) and after explaining my mom had some tummy issue's, the server was reluctant at first but went and checked and we were able to order the kids mac and cheese for her, and the serving size was the kids portion and the cost was the same as the kids meal. When the server presented the bill she apologized and said they are "surveiller serre" us. My French is not so great but I am pretty sure that means that someone is keeping a eye on them.

So as always nothing is never written in stone at Disney.

I should have said to be prepared to pay for adult size and adult price...

Most of the restaurants have kids menus with fairly standard fair. For example you can eat at Marrakesh in Morocco. They have chicken tenders, hamburgers, and spaghetti available. Plus belly dancers :banana:
Oh I had no idea, I would have thought the food would be a bit exotic there. I enjoy that restaurant a lot so this could be a good option.

Allow me to wax poetic for a moment about Teppan Edo. Way back in 1983, in the first year Epcot was open, my parents dragged very-picky-eater me to this restaurant. It was probably called something different at the time, but I don't recall. Give me a break, I was 3. A restaurant where they cooked on the table. Right there! In front of you! Like magic! It was something only Disney could have dreamed up! I ate everything those mysterious food flippers put in front of me.

Of course, years later, I found out that Benihana style restaurants really aren't all that uncommon. But I still love them! And so does my somewhat picky DD. This would still be my first choice for picky eaters at Epcot.

Or Via Napoli. Because, you know, you can't go wrong with pizza.
I wish I could take them to hibachi, but one does not like it, she's been to benihana before. It's one of my favorite type of meals.

I met some friends ( 2 weeks ago) and they had their 2 grandkid's ( 12 and 13) with them and we had dinner at Corral Reef, and they both wanted the kids Fried Fish and Chips, we were told by our server, that they most certainly could order, but it was a adult portion and the cost was around 17.00 dollars and did still include the drink and dessert, so around 5.00 more than the normal cost. I did question it, the server told us that this was the new policy. My mom sometimes needs to eat off the kids menu due to the fact that she has some dietary issues. We were having dinner at Chef's (several month ago) and after explaining my mom had some tummy issue's, the server was reluctant at first but went and checked and we were able to order the kids mac and cheese for her, and the serving size was the kids portion and the cost was the same as the kids meal. When the server presented the bill she apologized and said they are "surveiller serre" us. My French is not so great but I am pretty sure that means that someone is keeping a eye on them.

So as always nothing is never written in stone at Disney.

I should have said to be prepared to pay for adult size and adult price...
I'm okay with paying adult prices for the kids meal as long as they let her order, she's super picky and I could see a meltdown happening if they told her she couldn't have the mac n cheese. The other girl is still considered a Disney child so we'll be fine there.

You didn't specify table service, so I'm going to throw in Liberty Inn. DD13 has gone vegetarian (!) but in the old days, she ate the basic chicken fingers and fries. While I had an apple tart. And beer.

I'm going to give a secon vote to Liberty Inn if you are looking for QS. It seems crazy to eat there when there are so many other places, but we have been there a couple times because I have a picky DH who likes to pretty much only eat cheeseburgers/fries for lunch. Their burgers were the best QS burgers we've had on property because they use brioche buns instead of the hard "Disney" buns.

I'm going to give a secon vote to Liberty Inn if you are looking for QS. It seems crazy to eat there when there are so many other places, but we have been there a couple times because I have a picky DH who likes to pretty much only eat cheeseburgers/fries for lunch. Their burgers were the best QS burgers we've had on property because they use brioche buns instead of the hard "Disney" buns.
I think we'll only do one TS a day so everything else will be quick service, so that's good to know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter